Options

[US] The Real Housewives of ........

Comments

• Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know of other sites to watch the housewives on as the one I use has been blocked.
  • Options
    Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    I'm 7 episodes into New York and all I can say is Aviva is literally off my radar. I can't stand her. I'm loving Heather, Luann, Carole and Kristen, although Carole just needs to kill Aviva with silence. Ramona and Sonja are kind of weirding me out. First they're anti-Aviva, then they're BFF with her then they want to be peace makers and then back to crazy wacko's with a Pinot drip.

I sound like a broken record but Jill needs to be back. Although I agree this season is one of the better ones so far, but I feel like I need a familiar face around. Even with Sonja and Ramona, I feel like so far the seasons all about the newer women. I want Jill and Luann back as full timers with Aviva axed and Sonja demoted.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Aviva is playing to hard to be the villain she is trying to be Jill but it aint gonna happen, i can see her being demoted or dropped next season to have her be removed from the titles for 3 episodes is a sing of that. I just wanna see how her leg lands on the floor but i have a feeling its going to be either just a shot of her leg on the floor as she is changing OR she rips it of and throws it over the stairs :D
  • Options
    Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ramona and Sonja are kind of weirding me out. First they're anti-Aviva, then they're BFF with her then they want to be peace makers and then back to crazy wacko's with a Pinot drip.

I sound like a broken record but Jill needs to be back. Although I agree this season is one of the better ones so far, but I feel like I need a familiar face around. Even with Sonja and Ramona, I feel like so far the seasons all about the newer women. I want Jill and Luann back as full timers with Aviva axed and Sonja demoted.

Ramona & Sonja are playing the housewives game of keeping things moving. It's funny actually because they're the only 2 on the cast who have any right to still be mad at Aviva. I don't see what Heathers problem is. Or Caroles. They both came in the season with a vendetta against her over how she treated Ramonja, even though they didn't care, and then book-gate came along. It still has nothing to do with Heather, that's why I've really went off her this season. Fair enough getting the crazy lady away from Carole to avoid a 2 on 1 but other than that she should stay out of it...where was Carole when Aviva, Amanda & Reid had a 3 on 1 against Heather though?

I hope if Jill comes back Luann stays the same and doesn't go Team Jill straight away on every issue. That got annoying during Season 4. I want Aviva demoted, Sonja to stay a housewife (her last season full-time unless she can bring something else) and Heather gone or demoted because I feel like she just sways whatever way the viewers are gong.
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Aviva is playing to hard to be the villain she is trying to be Jill but it aint gonna happen, i can see her being demoted or dropped next season to have her be removed from the titles for 3 episodes is a sing of that. I just wanna see how her leg lands on the floor but i have a feeling its going to be either just a shot of her leg on the floor as she is changing OR she rips it of and throws it over the stairs :D

If Aviva throws the leg at someone she can stay for 5 more seasons and get a spin off. Heck, that's Atlanta stuff she can go there. Seriously though, that would be a legendary moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://stoopidhousewives.com/2014/05/27/shannon-beador-oc-housewifes-crystal-cove-house-for-sale-why/

If this article is true it could explain a lot about the way Shannon and David bicker. She may be resentful at having to do the show to improve their financial position and improve the chances of selling their home.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    Joyce and Carlton have not been offered new contracts for Season 5. One housewives gossip account on Twitter spilled the beans, and a few hours later an article confirming this was released by E! Online. So as of now we only have Kim, Kyle, Lisa (who is according to TMZ on the brink of quitting) Yolanda and Brandi.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not shocking honestly. We all knew it was coming. I'm guessing/hoping they might just have them five and MAYBE Camille if she returns. I could see them adding one more housewife but I honestly think they might have a season focusing on all the groups drama together rather than having other wives in the mix that they also have to focus on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soapiej wrote: »
    Joyce and Carlton have not been offered new contracts for Season 5. One housewives gossip account on Twitter spilled the beans, and a few hours later an article confirming this was released by E! Online. So as of now we only have Kim, Kyle, Lisa (who is according to TMZ on the brink of quitting) Yolanda and Brandi.

I read it on UsWeekly too. It's such a shame they let Joyce go, she was a great addition (until she changed her tune to support Lisa in her blogs/the reunion when she realised which way the wind was blowing) and I would have liked to have seen more of her, at least in a friend role.

Lisa isn't going anywhere. She loves the fame as much as the rest and VR isn't going to survive long if she leaves and Beverly Hills stops plugging it. (Yes I'm aware they got a few higher rated episodes but that was because of the violence and reunion). Like every other ex-housewife, interest in her will die and 5 minutes on VR won't be enough to help her or the show. She's just trying to bargain for more money...or to get someone fired.

I'm happy with the others coming back. I'm interested to see what Yolanda will be like next time around. She isn't part of the dream team this time and it looks like she's getting along with Kyle, they've been hanging out quite a bit, so it'll be interested to see her as her own woman and not a defender/follower of Brandi or Lisa.
    Not shocking honestly. We all knew it was coming. I'm guessing/hoping they might just have them five and MAYBE Camille if she returns. I could see them adding one more housewife but I honestly think they might have a season focusing on all the groups drama together rather than having other wives in the mix that they also have to focus on.

I'd be happy with 5 women too. It's doing wonders for OC. If Camille returns I can do with 6 too. I don't want 7 though. That's too many and never really works that well.

If they have 6, I do think what they should do as far as editing goes is have a few housewives personal storylines be more prominent for about 3 episodes then switch to another few housewives and theirs can be more prominent for the next 3 episodes and so on. It gives a chance to rest the 'characters' and prevents them from becoming overbearing. It's something I noticed on New York and it works well. They started with Heather, Ramona & Aviva's and now it's Kristen, Sonja & Caroles.

Speaking of New York, this episode was good - if not a little odd.
    Kristen needs to let the Ramona thing already. You know it's bad when Luann is trying to defend to Ramona.

I felt bad for Sonja, Heather is so right that it was about more than the dog.

Aviva was a lot more tolerable than I thought she was going to be, I liked her.

I'm really starting to love Carole again. Kristen is really whiny about everything, pretty much.

I really enjoyed the end scene with Ramona, Aviva & Sonja. It was funny.

Next week looks great. Ramona is definitely going to say to Georges fiance what I was thinking...Daddy Issues.
  • Options
    BlokeypooBlokeypoo Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    Hi Guys,

I never bring new news lol but, JUST in case it's news.....E! are showing Big Rich Texas s3 from 2nd June according to Bonnie. I didn't love it but it filled a gap when I'd run out of RH shows! I see some of you recommend Married to Medicine but it's not on Sky currently, I shall keep my eyes peeled though as I watch a lot when on my mini trampoline so am runnng out now!

http://bonblossman.com/big-rich-texas

I think we get Atlanta latest on 10th June here. I know I should go to the UK time thread but have loitered here too many years to change now!
  • Options
    BlokeypooBlokeypoo Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    Aaargh pants!

Just looked and realised we've had s3 here, she says ITV2 may have the recent series later this year :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.allabouttrh.com/nene-leakes-isnt-sure-returning-rhoa-says-shes-going-ask-money/

Nene confirms that everyone has been asked back. Peter confirmed that him & Cynthia have already signed on.

I was hoping for a slight cast change. Next season is going to get stale half way through, unless Sheree returns, you can quote me on that.

I was hoping Phaedra and Porsha would have been axed or at least demoted. I'm still holding out on the latter being demoted because she really doesn't have anything going on hasn't for some time.

If these women are also on 8 week contracts then things could get interesting. Especially if they invited a few others and put them on contracts then demote the ones that don't bring anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I could see a long season with a mid-season shake up. Or at least I hope.
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh gosh, I don't think I can deal with Porsha for another season. Despite high ratings, I feel like a change is really needed for ATL.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling NeNe got Porsha back and had some say, I think NeNe has a lot of power with producers as they care scared of losing her. I hope Sheree is brought back!
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    I have a feeling NeNe got Porsha back and had some say, I think NeNe has a lot of power with producers as they care scared of losing her. I hope Sheree is brought back!

But why? I just don't understand why she has power. Why are they scared of losing her? It's not like she's a huge star or anything. Kim Richards has probably had more success than her tbh.
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dillan wrote: »
    But why? I just don't understand why she has power. Why are they scared of losing her?
    Come on Nene had nothing to do with bringing back Porsha. People need to stop believing this fantasy world of tv production that the blogs put out.

Porsha is back because the woman is money for the show. I've said it a hundred times the show has invested a lot of cash in her and the receipts are in front of our eyes. They've successfully positioned has as a beauty and fashion brand in a way that none of the others are. None of the others get anywhere near the attention and focus she does in the style sections of the media. Put in google searches of the first names of all the women and it's only Porsha who generates a 1000 thousand photos of pretty much only her looking great. And Kandi aside she has the biggest instagram following, once again with lots of pictures of her looking great. You don't get these things without a lot of investment from a business that can afford to pay to put you in that position and they put you in that position because they know advertisers will pay for your brand. And the fashion and beauty industry are the ones with some of the deepest pockets.

The only thing that risked ruining her brand has been the reunion fight and some negative stories but again a lot has been invested in PR to play this the right way. You don't spend that money on someone you were planning on sacking until Nene Leakes phoned up and said 'please'.
  • Options
    brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joyce and Carlton have not been offered new contracts for Season 5.
    Joyce wasn't a huge surprise. Her deal seemed like it was a one season thing with clear hints that she was positioned there by NBC as part of some cross promotion or deal over Siberia (her husbands show). Hence why she seemed to not give a sh*t about calling out producers and talking about cut scenes that didn't fit the shows desired narrative.

I'm pretty sure Bravo were forced to put her there by their NBC bosses and give her a cushy contract. I can't see someone with a tv producer as a husband being quite so agreeable on a standard housewives contract so unless she was a huge draw for the show I can't see them going through the pains of negotiating for another season.

I did think Carlton would be back though. in a hateful villain returns who is then redeemed kinda way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    Please let this be a sign that Camille is coming back! http://instagram.com/p/op4fL2P9Yw/

Kyle, Lisa, Camille, Brandi, Yolanda and Shiva (Mohammed's fiancee) would be a dream cast!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please let this be a sign that Camille is coming back! http://instagram.com/p/op4fL2P9Yw/

Kyle, Lisa, Camille, Brandi, Yolanda and Shiva (Mohammed's fiancee) would be a dream cast!

I'd love that cast but I'd replace Shiva with Kim. Kim has her daughters wedding coming up and she's fun to watch. She brings an element hilarity to the show that the others failed to do last season.

My main reason for not wanting Shiva is because she is Yolanda's ex-husbands Fiance, and they get on, so it's quite obvious producers are going to do anything to destroy that relationship and I'm not here for another RHONJ style family drama. Plus, from what we've seen, including interviews, she seems too nice and has no desire to be involved in any drama on the show.

I'd like a cast of Kyle, Kim, Camille, Brandi, Yolanda & Lisa. For 'friends of' which have been proven to be essential to the success of the show after they had none last season, I'd have Shiva, Carlton (less will be more hopefully) & I've grown on the idea of having Joanna Krupa there as a friend too - not full time though. I'd have loved Faye back but she turned them down, apparently. Although with the news of the other two being fired it's been heavily rumoured that producers are trying to court her again. I'd be happy for Taylor to come back part-time too.

According to the thehollywoodgossip.com:
    "Kyle Richards, Kim Richards, Brandi Glanville, Yolanda Foster and Vanderpump have all been offered new deals for a fifth season to air in 2015.

So far, zero have agreed to return to the show."

For me it's definitely:
    Housewives: Kim, Kyle, Brandi, Yolanda, Lisa & Camille.
    Friends of: Shiva, Carlton, Joanna, Faye & maybe Taylor.
    Cameos: Adrienne (she can host a party at her new home)

I don't want any new full-time wives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/05/29/tuesday-cable-ratings-nba-playoffs-win-night-deadliest-catch-the-haves-and-the-have-nots-bad-girls-club-true-tori-more/268374/

More bad news for RHONY. It's hit an all-time low again for a season episode. (Only Season 5 Lost Footage had less). If this is their longest season yet, like Andy said, I hate to see what they will be in 8-12 episodes time, if they continue to tumble like this.

The main demographic is on par with Miami. Miami's lowest was 0.3 and that was when they only had 0.65million viewers whereas New York have a 0.4 with 1.17million viewers. Not a good sign.

I hope they don't cut the season short because I'm really enjoying it. It's a shame people aren't interested. It was bound to happen though with Luann, one of the last original members, being demoted and Ramona going crazy and barely featuring in the episodes. Not to mention Kristen seems really one-dimensional and Heather has became Jenny from the block. Carole & Aviva's book-gate drama isn't interesting to anyone and I've still not forgiven Sonja for her non-existent toaster oven storyline.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if it was serious or not but Mario Lopez tweeted a pic of him, his wife, Lisa and Ken saying Lisa isn't doing RHOBH anymore, but we are.
    I just can't imagine RHOBH without Lisa to be honest. And if Camille does return and is now besties with Kyle and Brandi, where is the drama gonna come from?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    Don't know if it was serious or not but Mario Lopez tweeted a pic of him, his wife, Lisa and Ken saying Lisa isn't doing RHOBH anymore, but we are.
    I just can't imagine RHOBH without Lisa to be honest. And if Camille does return and is now besties with Kyle and Brandi, where is the drama gonna come from?

Just seen the Tweet, he was joking. Maybe his wife wants on the show though. I'm not her biggest fan but I'll be a little disappointed if she goes- like I would be if any of them go.

Those friendships aren't lasting. I can see Brandi & Yolanda fighting it out next season, they aren't on good terms since Brandi brought out Mohammed's dirt with Joanna. They never hang out anymore and never tweet each other, which they always used to do. Gigi also called Brandi out on Twitter for going in on Yolanda on WWHL when she knew Yolanda bailed on her, or whatever she did, was because there was a serious problem for Gigi - and they haven't been seen communicating since.

Camille and Brandi will no doubt get into it sooner rather than later when the cameras are up. If Lisa leaves it means Brandi will have to focus her drama on someone else and at this point it's unpredictable of who it'll be. It'll be interesting to see what happens if the 8-week contract rumours are true. It'll all depend on who the 'friends' are. That's where Beverly Hills drama has mainly stirred from (i.e. Faye, Allison, Brandi, Dana & to a smaller extent, Marissa) and then everyone somehow gets dragged in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got caught up with this weeks shows and I really enjoyed them both. The OC is so enjoyable this season, it's like it's a brand new show for me. I love seeing fun Vicki and she has had some great funny moments so far.
    NY and Sonja's gay dog's memorial service was pure OTT Sonja. Thank god Aviva was back as last weeks was boring. Her Father however, I can do without, even if he does make it more entertaining in a cringey way.
    So sad that the ratings are poor. I honestly don't think there's anything they can do to save it at this point which is a shame as this season is far more enjoyable than last season of BH and NJ which both rated higher.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wait so BH won't be airing this year then ? If thats the case then thats bad news as people will move on. Bravo i think are doing anything in there power to keep Lisa but i think she's over it now and she doesnt need the money. I really hope Lisa comes back though because i will miss her :(.

As for NY ratings i cant believe it! this season has been amazing but i think its time off air damaged it and people moved on, also I dont think people have warmed to Carole, Heather or Aviva. I cant see them axing it though half way they need Jill back to save that show but if that fails then I say call it a day :(