What sequels have been confirmed for the future?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Twighlight 2 and 3
IronMan 2

confirmed.

What about Spiderman 4, Indiana Jones 5 or Transformers 3

Comments

• 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Spiderman 4 & 5 have been confirmed. Aswell as Terminator 5.
  • RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Transformers 3 is confirmed, though whether Michael Bay is directing is yet to be established. Whether he is or not is likely to decide the year of release (2012 if he is, 2011 if someone else) :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I know Spiderman 4 & 5 have been confirmed. Aswell as Terminator 5.

Spiderman 5 ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they're planning a fifth Spiderman, but Spiderman 4 is definitely set for a 2011 release.

Also, Shrek Forever After is out next year. And Eclipse is supposedly meant to be out next summer.

I'd say Indiana Jones 5 for 2011 at earliest. Of course, Harry Potter for next winter, and the summer after that.

Erm... Hangover 2 for 2011, I think. Toy Story 3 next summer. Kung Fu Panda 2 in 2011, along with Madagascar 3. Tron Legacy next year.

That's all I got, off the top of my head.

ETA: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (I think that's the title) is meant to be out next year. They should give up on trying to make that franchise happen.
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PR0J3CT wrote: »
    I think they're planning a fifth Spiderman, but Spiderman 4 is definitely set for a 2011 release.

Also, Shrek Forever After is out next year. And Eclipse is supposedly meant to be out next summer.

I'd say Indiana Jones 5 for 2011 at earliest. Of course, Harry Potter for next winter, and the summer after that.

Erm... Hangover 2 for 2011, I think. Toy Story 3 next summer. Kung Fu Panda 2 in 2011, along with Madagascar 3. Tron Legacy next year.

That's all I got, off the top of my head.

ETA: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (I think that's the title) is meant to be out next year. They should give up on trying to make that franchise happen.

I think Disney did, don't know who picked it up instead.

I really hope Sam Raimi doesn't direct another Spiderman. I want him to try different things, mainly directing Wee Free Men which he was supposedly meant to be adapting. However it is probably unlikely, I looked on IMDB and he is going to be very very busy over the next few years :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Final Destination 4 is out next week. :p

Monsters Inc 2 is apparently in production as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PinSarla wrote: »
    I think Disney did, don't know who picked it up instead.

I really hope Sam Raimi doesn't direct another Spiderman. I want him to try different things, mainly directing Wee Free Men which he was supposedly meant to be adapting. However it is probably unlikely, I looked on IMDB and he is going to be very very busy over the next few years :eek:

But he's so good at Spiderman!
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Final Destination 4 is out next week. :p

Monsters Inc 2 is apparently in production as well.

My favourite Pixar film? I'll have to look into this...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    Star Trek 2 has been talked about and it sounds like it's pretty much a sure thing. I remember an article saying they would aim for filming to begin mid to late next year if it happens.

The cast are signed on for three movies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJ Marlowe wrote: »
    Star Trek 2 has been talked about and it sounds like it's pretty much a sure thing. I remember an article saying they would aim for filming to begin mid to late next year if it happens.

The cast are signed on for three movies.

Another 3!! :eek: :eek:

One was bad enough!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    I think Rambo 5 is being made.

There are rumours of Die Hard 5 being made as a prequel
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    Another 3!! :eek: :eek:

One was bad enough!!

Nobody is making you go and see them, are they?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Rambo 5 is being made.

There are rumours of Die Hard 5 being made as a prequel

Wait, what? Prequel? :eek:
  • chris2k2chris2k2 Posts: 9,886
    Forum Member
    PR0J3CT wrote: »
    Wait, what? Prequel? :eek:

That was mentioned 2 years ago but Bruce has tried to rule it out that it wouldn't work. Idea would be set before Nakatomi.

The idea of Die Hard 1, is that was the 1st time it had happened to him.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    next james bond 2011, untitled batman film late 2011/early 2012.
  • Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pgfmedia wrote: »
    next james bond 2011, untitled batman film late 2011/early 2012.

batman 3 is sure to happen, if Nolan is invovled is another issue - he hasnt confirmed it. i hope he is - i dont want another Joel Schmacher incident again!
  • ugglauggla Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wasnt they mentoned a potc4 hoping its confirmed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    uggla wrote: »
    wasnt they mentoned a potc4 hoping its confirmed.

I think that's confirmed, yeah. They're saying it'll have to be on a smaller scale though, because of the ridiculous rising prices throughout that trilogy.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So we have....

Spiderman 4 [the start of another trilogy of films IIRC]
    Pirates Of The Caribbean 4
    Batman 3
    Monsters Inc. 2
    Cars 2
    Toy Story 3
    Transformers 3
    Indiana Jones 5
    Shrek 4
    The Hangover 2
    Kung Fu Panda 2
    Terminator 5

I really hope they don't make a Die Hard prequel... what's the point, it would ruin the entire franchise! If they made a DH5 but made it more like the first 2 where McClane is on his own and is at his sweary best. None of this 'edited for a 12A' crap any more.
  • STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    Rob Zombie is also making another Halloween film which will be a remake of the original Halloween 2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    So we have....

Indiana Jones 5.

Indy 5 has not been confirmed any further than Frank Marshall saying "We have a idea for it". No script, no cast, no contracts, no money. I wouldn't hold my breath for it.
    Forum Member
    Histeria wrote: »
    Indy 5 has not been confirmed any further than Frank Marshall saying "We have a idea for it". No script, no cast, no contracts, no money. I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

Yes and I also read somewhere Harrison Ford may just make a cameo appearance if Indy 5 was made. Indy jnr may take over perhaps.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Histeria wrote: »

Give it twenty years and I'm sure it'll come out ;)
    Forum Member
    Apparently a new Superman trilogy is in the works and the first film 'Superman Man of Steel is due out in 2011...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I always thought there would be another Monster inc i just can't believe it's taken about 9/10 years for it to be released.

Toy story 3 is a movie i have been waiting for years to come out.

The shrek movies are seriously dragging on. They are becoming a little tiresome and just being made for the fun of it like the Saw movies.

A batman 3 would be good. Wanna see what baddies we are gonna see. Is he gonna meet catwoman yet or his future sidekick Robin> Question i am sure we are all buzzing.

I hope Scream 4 does not disappoint. But then again, it's all a new cast. Well apart from The arquettes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meet the Little Fockers