Phillip Schofield's rudeness on Twitter

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I don't know if anyone else has noticed but if anyone ever dares to criticise something he's says or does, either on This Morning or Dancing on Ice he is exceptionally rude back. Now I'm not condoning abusive tweets, but the stuff he receives is rarely abusive and nasty (just do a search of @Schofe). He told one person who said they were unhappy with the way Dancing on Ice was going to"Stop watching then", and today on This Morning he was having a real whinge about last nights show and said he'd had to switch his phone off last night because of all the "nasty" tweets he was getting:rolleyes:

If he only wants to hear really positive, brown nosing stuff then why does he use Twitter in the first place?:confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I agree...when he said on twitter he was getting all these "aggresssive tweets" towards him, I had a search for @schofe....and couldn't find a single tweet aimed AT him.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the guys obsessed with Twitter but failed to grasp a basic concept.Expect people with different opinions to answer back.

Yep I heard what he said on This morning today Like I said before the guy is a confirmed Case of Richard Madeley Syndrome.He is heading for such a fall its going to happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He always has enjoyed Twitter, why should he close it down over a few abusive tweets? Good on him for being honest and telling them how it is. He shouldn't stand for abuse as he's only the host, he has no control of how the show goes.
    Forum Member
    TheGoan wrote: »
    He always has enjoyed Twitter, why should he close it down over a few abusive tweets? Good on him for being honest and telling them how it is. He shouldn't stand for abuse as he's only the host, he has no control of how the show goes.

There were not any abusive tweet though...a lot of people were unhappy at the result and voiced that.

Is that not what twitter is for? Same as an internet forum, discussion of opinion!!

(love how all the responces have the twitter icon under our usernames!)
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    the guys obsessed with Twitter but failed to grasp a basic concept.Expect people with different opinions to answer back.

Yep I heard what he said on This morning today Like I said before the guy is a confirmed Case of Richard Madeley Syndrome.He is heading for such a fall its going to happen.

I follow Richard Madeley on Twitter as well, and he's totally different to how you'd expect him to be. He seems down to earth, likable and his tweets are always interesting. He always tries to answer people who tweet him as well. Maybe being away from TV has brought him back to earth or something? But I do know he comes across as a lot more likable than Schofield is.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I follow Richard Madeley on Twitter as well, and he's totally different to how you'd expect him to be. He seems down to earth, likable and his tweets are always interesting. He always tries to answer people who tweet him as well. Maybe being away from TV has brought him back to earth or something? But I do know he comes across as a lot more likable than Schofield is.

ITV are really creating a monester in Phil.any new show they stick him on there no wonder his Self importance has gone through the roof.

it was a shame what happened to Richard the guy used to be really good,Always remeber some old lady called in and told him how much he had changed.And was almost proud to admit he had changed.
  • ValereValere Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schofield has come across as a prized prat for some time now. I used to adore him when he was on Going Live and during his early days of This Morning but I think being ITV's golden boy has seriously gone to his head. There is something very unlikable about him.
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    ITV are really creating a monester in Phil.any new show they stick him on there no wonder his Self importance has gone through the roof.

it was a shame what happened to Richard the guy used to be really good,Always remeber some old lady called in and told him how much he had changed.And was almost proud to admit he had changed.

What happened to Richard?? Or do you mean Philip??

I dislike Philip now and I used to be a fan. He was talking this morning about how DOI is a massive show...no it isn't.
    Forum Member
    I used to love him, up until the point Fern left This Morning, because she had been there longer....but now he thinks he is top dog and his head is so huge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love him, up until the point Fern left This Morning, because she had been there longer....but now he thinks he is top dog and his head is so huge.

When Fern left they should have replaced her with another, older more experiences female presenter. There are plenty of them about, but no, Phillip chucks his toys out of his pram, stomps his feet and gets Holly Willoughby instead. Now I like Holly, but I still think she's all wrong for This Morning.He only wanted her there because it feeds his massively inflated ego having a young, beautiful, submissive women stood next to him. He will always be top dog while Holly is there.

God someone needs to remind Mr Smuggy Smug Smug, that the only reason he's on This Morning is because of John Leslie's misdemeanours. He'd be long forgotten washed up has been how otherwise;)
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God someone needs to remind Mr Smuggy Smug Smug, that the only reason he's on This Morning is because of John Leslie's misdemeanours. He'd be long forgotten washed up has been how otherwise;)
    :D:D:D:D He's becoming more of a silver nuisance than a silver fox!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love Phillip which is why I followed him on Twitter, but I had to remove him. I know the whole point of twitter is to post frequent updates but bloody hell, does he do anything else?
  • jjrussjjruss Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D:D He's becoming more of a silver nuisance than a silver fox!

He is rather smug isn't he???
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love his tweets!!! he cracks me up. He's been around women too long though, he's bitchy.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is obsessed with Twitter. He was one of the first celebrities to sign up and appears to view himself as some kind of spokesman on there. I'm surprised he even has time to post so often, even during his work.

Step away from the ipad occasionally, Phil!! We do not need two-minute updates on your life - especially when you cannot seem to accept other people's opinions with good grace occasionally.
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have received tweets from Philip before & been quite happy as he doesn’t respond to everyone but I must admit I have noticed him being rude to certain people on twitter & thought he was slightly out of order, just because someone doesn’t agree with him doesn’t mean they should be singled out & dissed by him :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    I have received tweets from Philip before & been quite happy as he doesn’t respond to everyone but I must admit I have noticed him being rude to certain people on twitter & thought he was slightly out of order, just because someone doesn’t agree with him doesn’t mean they should be singled out & dissed by him :mad:

The other day someone tweeted him to reprimand him over his support of Jason Gardner, this person was perfectly polite and simply said that they were disappointed in him. The rant "Schofe" sent in response was bang out of order, something like "you worry about my friends and I'll worry about mine, thanks".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Philip Schofield is nothing but an over paid arrogant ****.
  • *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Philip Schofield has no top lip. I just noticed when I saw his pic on the DS homepage.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love Schofe but I see he's turning into a right arrogant git. Not nice. I was disappointed when I found out that Alan Davies was a bit of a **** in real life, but even more with Schofe. I liked him :(
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give the guy a break. Who really thinks the wrong person went? Katona is a better dancer/skaterthan comedy dave so she deserved to be saved!

The public voted for them to be in the bottom 2 ( or not voted )

He is protecting his "baby" by saying what he says about doi
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jjruss wrote: »
    He is rather smug isn't he???

I try to avoid him but in a moment of weakness I caught him and Holly interviewing Davina a couple of weeks ago and he said something along the lines of 'we've got weekend TV sewn up between us' and the smirks on all their faces made me want to throw something at the screen. I soon turned over.
  • Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,360
    Forum Member
    I wonder what he would do if he got anything even half as bad as some of the disgusting Tweets Jason got.
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    he's a patronising little twonk - i still wont be surprised if he comes out the closet.

patronising prat
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asp746 wrote: »
    he's a patronising little twonk - i still wont be surprised if he comes out the closet.
    Well he did find fame in a broom closet. :D