Cilla Black Blocked?

FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've just read this on the popbitch mailout:
If you were "lucky" enough to catch Cilla Black on Loose Women the other day, you may have wondered how it can be that she gets so little telly work. There could be any number of reasons, but chief among them might be the fact that a top bod at ITV stonewalls each and every attempt that Cilla makes to get on screen. Why this personal vendetta? Maybe it has something to do with how the top bod in question started their career at ITV - as a runner for Cilla on Blind Date.

FYI: We also hear that Cilla is hated "beyond all reason" by BA First Class staff.

I haven't heard anything about her being horrible - I'll admit I'm not her greatest fan... Your thoughts? Anybody got any juicy stories? ;)

Comments

• MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    There are lots and lots of stories of Cilla being a total b*tch from hell.
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give that "top bod at ITV" a medal I say :D
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are lots and lots of stories of Cilla being a total b*tch from hell.

:o didn't know that...
  • Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never heard anything but totally negative things from anybody who has encountered Ms Black.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Fatsia wrote: »

There's loads, from interviews in papers to, as mentioned cabin crew on flights.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since she's been on Loose Women, Paul O'Grady and Alan Titchmarsh, all on ITV, all in the last few months, whoever this mysterious 'blocker' is doesn't seem to be doing a very good job.
  • Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elnombre wrote: »
    Since she's been on Loose Women, Paul O'Grady and Alan Titchmarsh, all on ITV, all in the last few months, whoever this mysterious 'blocker' is doesn't seem to be doing a very good job.

Hehe, a few years ago I told Popbitch that Dannii Minogue was taking over from Mel C for the Spice Girls tour.

They printed it as "insider knowledge".

Oh how I laughed.
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    Fatsia wrote: »

You do have to take them with a pinch of salt though, all it takes is to offend the wrong newspaper exectuive, and suddenly youre portrayed as a cross between Medusa and Satan.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You do have to take them with a pinch of salt though, all it takes is to offend the wrong newspaper exectuive, and suddenly youre portrayed as a cross between Medusa and Satan.

Newspapers? I thought it was mostly first-hand reports from people? Not just internet tittle-tattle either, I've heard unpleasant reports about her for years, from various people.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a link to a chat forum for airline staff, on here, a while ago. In it, they discussed celebrity passengers, and slated Cilla.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I know a couple of people that have worked with her and neither of them have a good word to say about her.
  • archie2000archie2000 Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    The 'professional scouser' is not as loved in her home city as much as she would have you believe either
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both Popbitch and Holy Moly print absolute shite. For a laugh my mate at work sent them loads of made-up gossip (nothing malicious) and it was printed as a 'source' the following newsletter. I don't read either now!
  • OK Then!!!OK Then!!! Posts: 4,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have heard Paul O Grady is a very nice down to earth and genuine person- so why would he be friends with a 'bitch from hell' That said Ive heard shes not that pleasant.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any reason given as to why Cilla is the way she is i.e. the bitch from hell. She comes across as a lovely person whenever i've seen her on tv. She seems too old to be a bitch from hell lol!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a whole thread not long ago on here about her where people told of experiences they'd had or heard of, including me. My dad knew her and let's say she was less than pleasant.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a nice word to say about Cilla? I know celebs like anyone else have good days and bad days, but the Nice and Not Nice celebs thread on here is full of reports about how vile Cilla is in real life. Apparently she speaks posh in real life and puts on the exaggerated Liverpool accent on for the cameras:rolleyes:
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both Popbitch and Holy Moly print absolute shite. For a laugh my mate at work sent them loads of made-up gossip (nothing malicious) and it was printed as a 'source' the following newsletter. I don't read either now!

You are right of course, both are full of shite, and anyone that believes in owt, if it's solely from them need their head examined. Yet as has been mentioned on this thread there's plenty of anecdotal evidence to back this one up:)
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is true then Cilla obviously hasn't heard of that old saying, be nice to everyone you meet on your way to the top, because you'll meet them again on your way down:D;)
  • ValereValere Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never heard anything but totally negative things from anybody who has encountered Ms Black.

She is one of the few celebs for whom there is a unanimous amount of bad mouthing. There has to be a lot of truth to it because there are just too many stories from too many people.

Much like all the reports of Christina Aguilera being a total cow. I love Christina as an artist but it seems like she leaves a lot to be desired as a person.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valere wrote: »
    Much like all the reports of Christina Aguilera being a total cow. I love Christina as an artist but it seems like she leaves a lot to be desired as a person.

Ah. I hadn't heard that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    If this is true then Cilla obviously hasn't heard of that old saying, be nice to everyone you meet on your way to the top, because you'll meet them again on your way down:D;)
    They also say: s*** floats.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    You can tell she's not very pleasant anyway. Her 'TV persona' is horrid.
  • ValereValere Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can tell she's not very pleasant anyway. Her 'TV persona' is horrid.

She's one of the most obvious fakes there is. I can't believe anyone would buy her TV persona for a second.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could sort of tell Cilla was not a terribly nice person, from the way she laid into certain winning contestants on Blind Date, on the sofa after their trip. While she didn't always do this, when she did, she would always have a go at the ones it was a safe bet the audience were less in sympathy with.