Options

Underworld 4: Awakening

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
Forum Member
Kate Beckinsale is back kicking bottom in the fourth Underworld film.

I really like the idea of these films with werewolves and vampiress, especially vampires that aren't moody goth teenagers that need a good slap, but this one doesn't look that great.

First trailer > http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1058577433/

[news]'Underworld Awakening': Kate Beckinsale's vampire movie in pictures[/news]

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be decent ...I didnt rate the 1st one but loved the 2nd & 3rd .
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great if you like curvy bottoms in tight black leather.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

Kate Beckinsales ? yes please :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member

Who doesn't ?;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard that
    Selene might die ? :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone seen this yet?
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Finally a reason to pay for 3D! ;)
  • Options
    SonickSonick Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Seen this tonight. Not a big fans of the Underworld series but shockingly this is my favourite of the series, Its full of action which is why I like this more than it's predecessors.
    Still confused by Chris Martin from Coldplay being in it and playing the main Lycan. :D

8/10

By the Way the Spoiler a few post above is false
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sonick wrote: »
    Seen this tonight. Not a big fans of the Underworld series but shockingly this is my favourite of the series, Its full of action which is why I like this more than it's predecessors.
    Still confused by Chris Martin from Coldplay being in it and playing the main Lycan. :D

8/10

I'm so happy :D
  • Options
    SonickSonick Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    Kate Beckinsale in the Nude is spoilt by some well place smoke effects:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good film! bit short though. Need a 2nd part!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

8/10

Haha, I thought exactly the same!!!

Loved this movie, apart from the fact Kate Beckinsale is smoking hot and kicks about in tight leather it kept my attention the whoel way through.

Was weird seeing the 'Dick Rep' from The Inbetweeners as an ass kicking vamp :)
  • Options
    Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    I'm not a huge fan of the 3rd movie but I love 1 & 2
  • Options
    CatsRuleCatsRule Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed 1 and 2, 3 was meh. I was hoping number 4 might be more like the first two, but saw it on friday and was disappointed. It lacked a story and dialogue and was a bit short. Action scenes were good and Kate still looks spectacular, but that was it.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you serious, is Chris Martin actually in this or are you joking and it's someone who looks/sounds like him? Sweet Jesus, now I don't wanna see the film if it is him, can't stand the twunt.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kate Beckinsale in the Nude is spoilt by some well place smoke effects:mad:

Her producer husband probably CGIed them over the best bits.
  • Options
    CatsRuleCatsRule Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    Are you serious, is Chris Martin actually in this or are you joking and it's someone who looks/sounds like him? Sweet Jesus, now I don't wanna see the film if it is him, can't stand the twunt.

No its not him, hes called Kris Holden-Ried and is in Lost Girl. But is quite a good looky-likey. :D
  • Options
    Hitchhiker553Hitchhiker553 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Went to see this today. Only about 7 or 8 others in the cinema which was a surprise.

I really enjoyed 1st and 2nd movies, 3rd was good and I'd say this one is a little poorer than that again.

It was OK, there were some good action sequences, the story was a bit thread bare and the film seemed to be over quickly.

Overall, I'd give it 7/10. Worth a watch and worth the extra 3D price but wouldn't cry if I'd waited for it to come out on DVD.
  • Options
    Mr CynicMr Cynic Posts: 5,435
    Forum Member
    eduble wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this yet?

I have and it was good. Plus it had a open end to allow Scott Speedman to come back for the next one.
  • Options
    F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen this today, not sure if I enjoyed it or if I hated it. Kate Beckinsale was the highlight of the movie, putting in another great performance as Selene. Thought they could have done more for the other main character (trying not to spoil it but you know who I mean if you seen it) and developed her relationship. I'll be honest, I didn't even know her name till I hit IMDB earlier. Previous movies had too much talking and not enough action, this I feel is the other way around and as such everyone but Selene didn't hold my attention or have me caring.

Selene still looking hot in her lycra catsuit and kicking ass :D Glad they kept it and didn't have her wearing something new considering when it takes place it would have been easy to do. Was saddened that Michael wasn't in it but at least there is hope for a reunion. Which brings me to my final remark...I need Underworld 5! :D

Maybe make it another 20 - 30 minutes longer too as this felt too short, was only about 80 minutes. Started at 1:35 and was out by 2:55
  • Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am glad I am not the only one who thought this, it kept intruding on my enjoyment of the film, wondering what the hell he was doing there. I actually stayed through the credits to see if it was him :D:D:o

I enjoyed the film, although it was a rubbish 3D, I spent the majority of the film with my glasses off with little effect to the film except it was lighter :) The glasses actually give Selene a tan, instead of her pasty complexion she normally has.

And because I had just watched War Horse and The Grey it was the poorer of all three films.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went to see this today. Only about 7 or 8 others in the cinema which was a surprise.

I really enjoyed 1st and 2nd movies, 3rd was good and I'd say this one is a little poorer than that again.

It was OK, there were some good action sequences, the story was a bit thread bare and the film seemed to be over quickly.

Overall, I'd give it 7/10. Worth a watch and worth the extra 3D price but wouldn't cry if I'd waited for it to come out on DVD.

I went to see it yesterday & there were only 3 people in the auditorium.:eek::confused:

It's also on much reduced screenings already in the Manchester area which is a shock as it is still a relatively new release.

That's a shame as it is a really good film.

Might be something to do with the fact that is it certificate 18, therefore ruling out a large proportion of avid cinema goers.:confused:
  • Options
    Hitchhiker553Hitchhiker553 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to see it yesterday & there were only 3 people in the auditorium.:eek::confused:

It's also on much reduced screenings already in the Manchester area which is a shock as it is still a relatively new release.

Might be something to do with the fact that is it certificate 18, therefore ruling out a large proportion of avid cinema goers.:confused:

Was checking my cinema's listings yesterday and was surprised to see it's only being shown at 9.30pm already!

However, Puss in Boots is STILL being shown along with Sherlock Holmes.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

8/10

LOL!!!

Just noticed your joke about Chris Martin.:D

He was a dead ringer.:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's done well anyway. It's made 108 million worldwide and had a budget of 70 million.