Desperate Housewives - Season 8 (US Pace)

VIP101VIP101 Posts: 1,587
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just streamed it and OMG :eek:

The last scene was just like OMG

For those of you who havent seen it in the last scene -
Bree get's the same not Mary Alice did in the first season saying "I know what you did, It makes me sick, Im going to tell"

The acting was just brilliant and it was very dark too but still funny but it's gone so dark and it's going to be so sad to say goodbye to them!

The acting from all the women was really good and they way they are dealing with everything!

It's like Pretty Little Liars (only seen a few episodes of that) meets I Know What You Did Last Summer lol

Cant wait till it's on air in the UK im gonna watch it all over again lmaoo :L

Comments

• JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AHHHHHHHHH!

I watched this live last night via a stream and was blown away. I knew there'd be hints about returning to the season 1 roots and all that but WOW! I am not sure how to use spoiler tags, but my reaction to what happened at the end (in your spoiler tag) was a mixed blast of excitement and just OMG! :eek:

Desperate Housewives has officially started its last run and we know its going to be a good one!

:D:D:D
  • nojunkmailnojunkmail Posts: 1,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night's premier was awful.

For an opening episode it was terrible. It went nowhere.

Saying that, the last scene was quite exciting.

Defo the right time to end it.
  • will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know when it airs in UK?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that was fab!!! cant wait till next week
  • bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    VIP101 wrote: »
    It's like Pretty Little Liars

I said the same thing to my wife last night! It's like a middle aged Pretty Little Liars. When they were standing around the grave and the phone rang and they all looked at each other. pmsl:D
  • cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must agree with the PLL comparison. The premiere was excellent and really ramped my excitement up for the final season. Loved all the characters individual storylines, as well as the stepfather one.

Definitely going to get the whole boxset when it ends, because it has always been brilliant in comparison to other shows.
  • VIP101VIP101 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i cant wait to get the DVD's i wish E4 wold keep repeating it like they did with Friends
  • bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOVED Gabby turning up to Susan's with the drinks and pouring them into one glass.
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    So any ideas yet on
    who sent bree the note? i doubt its the new neighbour

I'm really going to miss this show. I hope it has a great finale
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon it may be her new copper boyfriend.
    Firstly he knows they've all been acting suspicious and secondly, he could easily get access to the note Mary Alice had, especially if it's on police records after her suicide. He could be trying to scare her into confessing maybe?

Good start to the season.

Lynette annoyed the hell out of me though.
    Forum Member
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    I reckon it may be her new copper boyfriend.
    Firstly he knows they've all been acting suspicious and secondly, he could easily get access to the note Mary Alice had, especially if it's on police records after her suicide. He could be trying to scare her into confessing maybe?

Good start to the season.

Lynette annoyed the hell out of me though.
    I've seen on other forums that some viewers reckon it could be Susan who sent the note or even Zach Young. That doesn't really make sense to me especially Susan. I thought it might be the new neighbour but again that doesn't seem to fit right either although he is bound to have some 'secret'

I have a love hate relationship with Lynette, one minute I think shes brilliant and the next a thundering bitch.

imo her best episode was when she suspected the chap across the street was a bit too fond of the kiddies.
    Forum Member
    I've watched all 7 seasons in less than 2 months. I DH overdosed :)
    Forum Member
    I've seen on other forums that some viewers reckon it could be Susan who sent the note or even Zach Young. That doesn't really make sense to me especially Susan. I thought it might be the new neighbour but again that doesn't seem to fit right either although he is bound to have some 'secret'

I have a love hate relationship with Lynette, one minute I think shes brilliant and the next a thundering bitch.

imo her best episode was when she suspected the chap across the street was a bit too fond of the kiddies.

But she was proven to be right weren't she.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    That's the thing though - Lynette is ALWAYS right. She has to do what she has to do to manipulate Tom into doing the right thing, but I really can't believe the two of them will seperate. This just doesn't make any sense to me at all.
    Forum Member
    But she was proven to be right weren't she.

She was indeed and its that look on her face when she realises she was right about him all along.

That whole episode made my skin crawl.
    Lady Spice wrote: »
    That's the thing though - Lynette is ALWAYS right. She has to do what she has to do to manipulate Tom into doing the right thing, but I really can't believe the two of them will seperate. This just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

I reckon they'll get back together again. Just seems wrong to end the show with the 2 of them apart.
    Forum Member
    :e
    She was indeed and its that look on her face when she realises she was right about him all along.

Lynette reminds me of my wife, she's always right as well. I don't mean that in a nasty way either, she literally is always right, or is proven to be right in the end.

It's scary
    :eek:
    Forum Member
    :e

Lynette reminds me of my wife, she's always right as well. I don't mean that in a nasty way either, she literally is always right, or is proven to be right in the end.

It's scary
    :eek:

I bet annoying as hell for you eh :D
  • merlinsmummerlinsmum Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will2510 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when it airs in UK?

That's what I want to know too..................pretty please someone!:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a really good first episode. The note at the end was the lovely touch for viewers who've watched since the beginning.

And Gabby and Bree trying to drive that car OMG. Hilarious! :D

I've watched the show from the beggining and love it but some seasons have been very hit and miss. I often find myself going off it. But it looks like it's going to be a very good season this time. Last one isn't it? I do wonder if they'll all just go to jail. :p
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Just watched the second episode and I have to say for the first time since well, maybe not even the first season, so probably for the first time ever I am on Susan's side. Although her actions are as annoying as ever, I at least like the fact one of them feels guilty.

The rest of the ladies are acting like it was no big deal, Gabby especially is and she is coming across as a cold, heartless bitch. Expecting Carlos to be all fine and dandy in the bedroom and for Susan to be over it so quickly. I get her scenes were mostly played for laughs (getting the stripper in, shouting at Susan) but it just wasn't funny.

They had a great opportunity to make the last season as dark as the first but so far, its failing and relying too heavily on what made the show less appealing in the later seasons with its "humour".
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    They had a great opportunity to make the last season as dark as the first but so far, its failing and relying too heavily on what made the show less appealing in the later seasons with its "humour".

Since the first season the show has been a comedy -- a comedy with "drama bits." Every year the producers have submitted it in the Comedy category for the Emmys -- not the Drama category. So complaining about the "humour" seems rather silly, especially from someone who has been watching the show from season one.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    MoreTears wrote: »
    Since the first season the show has been a comedy -- a comedy with "drama bits." Every year the producers have submitted it in the Comedy category for the Emmys -- not the Drama category. So complaining about the "humour" seems rather silly, especially from someone who has been watching the show from season one.

I suppose what I mean is, the comedy is pretty lame and has been for a while.

I preferred the darker tone of the earlier years but I still want to see how it all ends.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Recently got round to watching the first episode and i enjoyed
    I loved the end. It was as if everything kinda came full circle with that note which was a key factor for season 1. Bearing in mind when they filmed that episode, season 8 hadn't been confirmed as the final season so you get the impression season 8 could be a throwback to the season that started off this amazing show.
  • CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    Episode 1 was brilliant and I too really loved the scene with Bree and Gabs in the car. Anyone else seen Episode 2 yet? The ending of that is fantastic too - very chilling stuff. It seems that the focus is on Bree at the moment with this letter but I hope the series gives all of them one big final storyline to end dramatically on. I'm finding Susan's guilt storyline to be excellent comedy and how it's affecting her relationship with the other girls who yes seem to be acting as if nothing has happened! I'm also still peeved that they split Tom and Lynette and hope they bring them back together. Their constant battle to out do each other throughout the last two series and Bree's new toy boys I have to admit to have found tiresome.
  • MissjefMissjef Posts: 2,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CloneClown wrote: »
    Episode 1 was brilliant and I too really loved the scene with Bree and Gabs in the car. Anyone else seen Episode 2 yet? The ending of that is fantastic too - very chilling stuff. It seems that the focus is on Bree at the moment with this letter but I hope the series gives all of them one big final storyline to end dramatically on. I'm finding Susan's guilt storyline to be excellent comedy and how it's affecting her relationship with the other girls who yes seem to be acting as if nothing has happened! I'm also still peeved that they split Tom and Lynette and hope they bring them back together. Their constant battle to out do each other throughout the last two series and Bree's new toy boys I have to admit to have found tiresome.

i watched it last night.
    I'm going to miss this show so much when it comes to an end :( some seasons have been a bit hit & miss but overall i would say it s still as good as when it first started.
    i really hope they give it a really good final ending.
    I also hope Tom & Lynette get back together.
    Is it just me or did it seem a bit like Carlos & Susan might end up having an affair? i now they were just bonding over their guilt but just seemed a bit like its the way its headed... although i truly hope not.

I wonder who the note is going to be from?? Though part of me thinks it ll just turn out to be a stupid joke.