Just started watching Days of our Lives US pace...

NoWireHangersNoWireHangers Posts: 909
Forum Member
✭✭
I've started watching Days. I'm quite liking it; I've given up on B&B, it doesn't seem like the same show even from where diva left off. It doesn't even look like the same show if that makes sense. Days looks like a traditional American soap and I'm enjoying it thus far.

Does anyone else watch at American pace?

Can someone tell me; what exactly has gone on with Nicole and the baby and Jennifer?

Who is Sami with now? I think she's been in some kind of love triangle?

Sami's son Will is gay? When did this happen?

What's the history between John Black and Eileen Davidson's character (Ashley Abbott off B&B and Y&R)

I think that's it for now!

Comments

• DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi, Nwirehangers.

Can you please tell me how you are watching DOOL in the UK?
    I ask this because i thought it was nolonger being shown over here.

I got into it years ago after Sunset Beach ended and C5 started showing DOOL as a replacement.
    Unfortunately, UK viewers never took to the show and it was axed after a couple of years.
    Shame, because i thought it was almost as wonderfully wacky as SB was.
  • RileyMRileyM Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else watch at American pace?

Yes, I do watch at American pace and (still) love it. Yes, the storylines can be a bit far fetched, but i still enjoy it.
    Dixon wrote: »
    Can you please tell me how you are watching DOOL in the UK?
    I ask this because i thought it was nolonger being shown over here.

Yes, you are correct. Days of our Lives is no longer broadcast on UK TV, not even on CBS Drama anymore. I was really hoping to catch up with storylines i missed between leaving South Africa (2003, watching 2001 episodes on South African TV) and me starting to watch at US pace here in the UK (Summer 2007) . But having said that, there are ways...;)
    Can someone tell me...

I'll certainly try. Please note however, I'm not sure how up-to-date you are with American broadcasts, so some of the details may spoil things for you.
    ...What exactly has gone on with Nicole and the baby and Jennifer?

Its quite a long story, so i'm going to explain in bullet form to try and make it easier to understand
    JENNIFER & DANIEL
    - Jennifer retured to Salem after he husband (Jack) went MIA chasing a story (he's a journalist).
    - Jennifer & Daniel fell in love
    - Jack returned, explaining he'd been captured.
    - Some time later (cutting a long story short again), Jennifer chooses Jack over Daniel, much to Daniel's disappointment
    - Daniel dies following an underground explosion

NICOLE & DANIEL
    - Nicole was (on and off) dating/married to E.J. Di Mera
    - More recently, Nicole left E.J. after finding out that Sami slept with E.J.
    - Nicole finds out she's pregant, it's E.Js.
    - Due to the Di Mera family history/reputation, Nicole doesn't want E.J to know as he'll then go for custody and want the baby brought up as a Di Mera.
    - Rafe (Raphael) finds out Nicole is pregnant and that its E.J.
    - Again, due to the Di Mera family reputation, Rafe promises to keep it a secret to prevent E.J finding out. Rafe says he is the father (even though up to this point Rafe hated Nicole).
    - E.J is convinced Rafe is not the father, and orders a DNA test.
    - NIcole has the DNA test done, but Daniel catches her switching the labels on the samples.
    - Daniel goes along with the secrecy, also to prevent the baby from falling into Di Mera handa.
    - Nicole becomes obsessed with Daniel and wants to make a new life with him.
    - He resists for a while (he obviously still loves Jennifer)

NICOLE, DANIEL & JENNIFER
    - (I cant remember the details but) Somehow, Jennifer finds out that it is EJs baby and overhears E.J on prove it.
    - Knowing Nicole's history, jennifer figures out Daniel is covering/keeping Nicole's secret and because she (also) still loves him tries t oget him to distance himself from Nicole for fear of Daniel losing his job should his involvement become public. Daniel denies everything & refuses.
    - Nicole feels Jennifer is a threat to her and Daniel
    - After E.J threatens with another DNA test (he knows all to well the samples/results couldve been switched the first time round), Nicole convinces Daniel to leave Salem with her and the baby to get away from E.J
    - After much reluctance, Daniel agrees.
    - Nicole go for check-up prior to leaving to daniel to ensure the baby is OK and that theyre able to fly. The Doctor (not Nicole's nusual Obstetrician) discovers Nicole has miscarried.
    - This news devastates Nicole as she's always wanted children but was told she never could. Additionally, this is a second miscarriage.
    - During this exam, the hospital has IT issues, all systems down, nothing is recorded electronically. So theres no record or the exam miscarriage (Nicole knoes this).
    - Also, the Dr who saw Nicole was just about to leave on holiday/business but had to cover for Nicoles regular Obstetrician as she was called away on an emergency. As a result (and after being suggested by Nicole) the Dr leaves Nicole leaves on holiday/business.
    - Nicole takes a blade left in the hospital exam room.
    - Nicole sees on Danniel phone that Jennifer tried to call him and left a voicemail message asking to meet at the Town Square (Jennifer wants to convince Daniel not to leave).
    - After deleting the message Jennifer left for Daniel, and with blade in hand, Nicole goes to meet Jennifer and confronts her.
    - Jennifer has had enough of the confrontational Nicole and asks her to leave.
    - Nicole refuses to leave, so Nicole walk away, up some stairs.
    - Nicole follows, and after some shouting NIcole slips and falls.
    - Waking up, NIcole says Jennifer pushed her.
    - At the hospital, Nicole is told shed lost the baby and blames Jennifer for pushing her.
    - Nicole admits to E.J that it was his baby.
    - Jennifer is arrested. E.J vows Jennifer is going to pay!
    - Daniel, unconvinced that Jennifer pushed Nicole on purpose, tells Nicole he leave with her IF she tells the truth about Jennifer not pushing her. Nicole complies.
    - A few more days later, just one day before Daniel & Nicole are due to leav Salem, Daniel discovers that Nicole had lost the baby before she claims Jennifer pushed her and thus Jennifer was in no way responsible.
    Who is Sami with now? I think she's been in some kind of love triangle?
    Sami is not with anyone at the moment.
    She has been with Rafe (Raphael), E.J (who is somewhat obsessed with her. she also has one twin,, yes one, to E.J. the other Twin is Lucas') & Lucas (they have a son, William, and one twin (yes ONE twin), together). She's had something with each of them in the last year. She had on-off relationships with Lucas & E.J a number of times over the years. The relationship with Lucas goes waaaayy back to when they were young.
    Sami's son Will is gay? When did this happen?

Thats very recent.
    Will's relationship with Sonny is his first homosexual one.
    It came as a shock to me as well, well kind of. The way he started acting did seem odd and i suspected it, but i was surprised they decided to change his character to being homosexual.
    What's the history between John Black and Eileen Davidson's character (Ashley Abbott off B&B and Y&R)

This is going waaay back! Basically Eileen Davidson's character (Kristin Blake) is the daughter of Stefani Di Mera. Kristin had a relationship with John Black. I cant remember details (it was that long ago) but there was friction between Kristin & Marlena as Kristin was jealous of Marlena & Johns relationship. All this happened at least 15 years ago now, so as I say, I cant remember much at all. I think I should probably look it up as this looks like it'll be integral to this story line.

I hope the above has helped. Dont hesitate to let me know if you have anymore questions.
  • linc52linc52 Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how do i watch days i love it whats americia pace
  • unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to watch Days Of Our Lives on Zone Romantica. Back then they were showing episodes from 2001/2002 and then the channel got rid of all soaps a few years ago.

I watched a recent episode on YouTube a few days ago and was shocked at how Jennifer and Nicole haven't aged or changed much in the space of 10 years. But didn't recognise any one else.
  • RileyMRileyM Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    linc52 wrote: »
    how do i watch days i love it whats americia pace

You may be able to find episodes on YouTube.
    unknown17 wrote: »
    I watched a recent episode on YouTube a few days ago and was shocked at how Jennifer and Nicole haven't aged or changed much in the space of 10 years. But didn't recognise any one else.

There are a number of other characters who are still in Days of our Lives. Such as Bo Brady, Hope Williams-Brade, Roman Brady, John Black, Marlena Evans, Abe Carver
    Lexi Carver died a few months ago
    , Sami Brady, Lucas Horton (Lucas Roberts). You mustve just seen a episode that focused heavily on the Jennier/Nicole/Daniel storyline.
  • pixxyypixxyy Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Days, The history between John & Kristen is quite complicated, If you look on soapcentral it'll prob have it in the character profiles.

As much as I love Sami, i'd like her to be in the background for abit. Her jumping from Rafe to Ej & now Lucas since he returned is getting boring.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    It is exciting at the moment. I haven't watched it for a long time. I found out it is on Hulu.