Options

Nation's Best Am Dram (Sky Arts 1 + 2)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
Forum Member
Has anyone been watching this 6 part series on Sky?

It's a competition for an am dram society to get to perform in the west end.

Each of the qualifying groups have a celeb/director to mentor them.

I think it's quite good even if some of the acting isn't. :p

it's a shame that it's only 6 shows and it's a third of the way through already.

Both of the first 2 episodes and last weeks extra show are available on Demand.

Anyone seen it?

Comments

• Options
    lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it, thankfully, when trying to avoid the X Factory. Good programme......Minority viewing by the looks of things!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    It does seem like minority viewing and that Sky aren't even behind it properly.

You have 8 groups, they perform a play only 2 go through each week into the final. All that crammed into 6 weeks.
    I'm not sure the show works and makes sense unless you watch the Extras show as well.
  • Options
    SapphicGrrlSapphicGrrl Posts: 3,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Resurrecting this because it's currently being repeated on Sky (& I haven't seen it before). Unfortunately they don't seem to be repeating all the Extras programmes, which sound like essential viewing looking at other posts? (Although most of them seem to be on On Demand.) I didn't even know about them until I read this!

First impressions - how good the retired Scottish farmer is - how spectacularly & mind-numbingly awful those Tell-Tale twits are. (I can't believe they were put through - Miriam M was clearly NOT happy about that, & I don't blame her.)