Options

UKIP candidate Bobby Anwar stabbed in face by Muslim Labour supporters

BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
Forum Member
http://fb.me/6zBVXNSdm

Holy crap. It's all over Twitter. Why the HELL haven't mainstream media reported this yet they're all talking about steel bands? I feel so disgusted and angry right now. :(

Comments

• Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh they will report it, "UKIP candidate puts his face onto Mulim Labour Supporters knife" The candidate plunged his face onto the knife, in another example of UKIP's racism, the owner of the knife is going to sue the candidate, using legal aid to exercise their human rights not to have a racist party candidate damaging their blade. Cameron and Clegg hailed the incident as more proof that UKIP are racist, and intolerant. The police are questioning the candidate following his arrest and are expected to bring charges.
  • Options
    BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    I'm at work right now but urge people to send this on to the media and spread it around. Absolutely shocking if they don't pick up on this.
  • Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    More political points for UKIP.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The religion of peace strikes again.
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boyard wrote: »
    http://fb.me/6zBVXNSdm

Holy crap. It's all over Twitter. Why the HELL haven't mainstream media reported this yet they're all talking about steel bands? I feel so disgusted and angry right now. :(

If this is true, it'll be interesting to see how the 'impartial BBC' report it, or don't.
  • Options
    HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paralax wrote: »
    Oh they will report it, "UKIP candidate puts his face onto Mulim Labour Supporters knife" The candidate plunged his face onto the knife, in another example of UKIP's racism, the owner of the knife is going to sue the candidate, using legal aid to exercise their human rights not to have a racist party candidate damaging their blade. Cameron and Clegg hailed the incident as more proof that UKIP are racist, and intolerant. The police are questioning the candidate following his arrest and are expected to bring charges.

Brilliant , you should work for Private Eye . Why is this not on the news ? . If this candidate had said something a bit daft it would be headline news . It gets more stupid everyd day.
  • Options
    Turnbull2000Turnbull2000 Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't be surprised if that 'injury' is self-inflicted.
  • Options
    CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-05-21/blackburn-ukip-candidate-stabbed-in-the-face/
    ITN wrote:

Blackburn Ukip candidate 'stabbed in the face'

A Ukip council candidate has claimed he was stabbed in the face by a Muslim neighbour.

Bobby Anwar, who is running for Blackburn council, said in a Facebook post yesterday that he was attacked by a man from a family who are "avid Labour supporters."

Mr Anwar said the adult male used a "sharp metal weapon" to break his cheekbone and eye socket and claims he will need "extensive surgery" to heal the injuries.

He also alleges that the man's teenage children have attacked his own children and regularly call his family "kafir", a derogatory term which means infidel.

ITN are covering it.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one is reporting it. BBC, Channel 4, Sky, ITN, Google. Are you sure it's true. Not even UKIP are reporting it on their own news page.
  • Options
    apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Maybe he should have been living next to peaceful Romanians instead.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since we're now using the practice of condemning parties and wings by the actions of their lunatic fringe.

F'kn 'ell how far Labour and "the left" have sunk.
  • Options
    Turnbull2000Turnbull2000 Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member

That a man claims to have been attacked is true. That's all.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah maybe he stabbed himself.
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OK, fair enough post changed.
  • Options
    David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (Genuinely hope he's OK)

This happened yesterday? How come it's taken this long for the news to come out?
  • Options
    andyknandykn Posts: 66,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Tee wrote: »
    (Genuinely hope he's OK)

This happened yesterday? How come it's taken this long for the news to come out?

Because disputes between neighbours don't usually make national news, even if an assault is involved.
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't it best to wait for police, court findings and the finding of someone guilty.
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like someone is trying to make a political capital from a fight between neighbours.
  • Options
    anndra_wanndra_w Posts: 6,557
    Forum Member
    Sounds like a stunt.
  • Options
    gummy mummygummy mummy Posts: 26,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    Isn't it best to wait for police, court findings and the finding of someone guilty.

You would think so.

Has the accused been arrested ?
  • Options
    blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anndra_w wrote: »
    Sounds like a stunt.

Sounds more like "multicultural enrichment" in action.

As for the guy who was stabbed, going by the photgraph a little higher and he'd have lost an eye.
  • Options
    OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will start by saying that I wholeheartedly and without the slightest hesitation condemn any such acts of violence by anyone against anyone,

But I am a 'tad' confused OP, I have looked at the link you kindly provided, and I have read it too, please could you be good enough to point out to me where it says,

A, that he was stabbed by "a Muslim",

and B, where it says he was "stabbed by a Muslim Labour supporter"

thank you, Because IT DOES help when one makes accusations if one backs those accusations up with some evidence,

OF course I expect I will now be told that I am 'defending' the behaviour of this person because I have asked for some evidence before I start building a gallows,

FROM the Link,
    Noel Matthews
    I would like to wish a speedy recovery to ‪#‎ukip‬ candidate Bobby Anwar who was the victim of a vicious and brutal attack in Blackburn on Saturday and is thankfully out of hospital and recovering from facial fractures and a stab wound at home with his family. An arrest has been made and I sincerely hope the thug who did this feels the full force of the law.
    I 100% agree that whoever is eventually found guilty of this attack should "feel the full force of the law"
    but I still don't see where it says "Muslim" or "Labour supporter" for that matter, perhaps ..... it's only me who thinks that before making accusations against people it's only 'polite' to provide some evidence?

more from his facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/bobbyanwar
    David Duffield
    I being a lifetime labour supporter feel an attack of any candidate should be condemned and the harshest of punishment be used on the perpetrator

But that's the only mention of Labour I can see,

but I DID see the following comment from Noel Matthews (North west constituency organiser at Ukip)
    I mean, I should think HIS view carries a bit more weight than someone posting on DS?
    Just read through these additional remarks. Can I just say that there is no clear evidence that the attack was politically motivated.
    Bob has his own view on it and describes the attack in some detail on his facebook wall alongside an horrific photo of his injuries just after the attack. I have spoken to him and heard his account and the one thing that is clear is that it was unprovoked..

So absolutely NO mention of Labour OR of a Muslim anywhere in this thread or the links (at time of writing) and yet just check out the (over) reaction and the 'lynch mob mentality'

So can you please either provide some evidence that this was indeed a politically motivated attack, or that it was done by a Muslim ( something a Ukip official is on record as saying that "so far" there is NO such evidence of)

because if you can't provide such evidence then I think it's only 'decent' that all the accusations are withdrawn until such evidence materialises,... or I am being unreasonable?
  • Options
    SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you are a member of a racist party such as UKIP you have to expect to attract the attention of hatred. Hate attracts hate. As to whether this article is even true, only time will tell. There does seem to be an over use of words such as claim, and allege. Also it happened between two neighbours. Not at a UKIP rally. Therefore not really sure why the accused's political persuation is even mentioned. All sounds a bit dodgy.