Will Channel 5 now drop the digital on screen graphic?

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Now a sale looks to be close will they finally drop the Channel 5 logo once again?

Comments

• edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably not. American TV networks tend to have both on-screen graphics and adverts for upcoming shows on screen during programmes.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    Probably not. American TV networks tend to have both on-screen graphics and adverts for upcoming shows on screen during programmes.

Discovery use dogs but Sky don't. Will be interesting.

I hope Sky drop it.
  • RadiomikeRadiomike Posts: 7,943
    Forum Member
    Discovery use dogs but Sky don't. Will be interesting.

I hope Sky drop it.

Actually Sky do - on Sky Living and Pick channels plus Sports and News. Admittedly not permanently on Sky 1/2 and Atlantic/Arts or at all on Movies.

Initially you would imagine whoever runs the channel would be keener to have a DOG.
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Now a sale looks to be close will they finally drop the Channel 5 logo once again?

Hope not

I like DOG's id prefer them on ALL channels.
  • mattybmattyb Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind DOG's but I hate them being in the top left or right corner of the screen, especially when some can be distracting graphics. These channels should follow suit of channels like BT Sport, Disney, CN, Nick and CNN who have their graphics at the bottom of the screen.
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    "Post the first thought that enters your head into a new thread despite an ongoing thread."
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Post the first thought that enters your head into a new thread despite an ongoing thread."

Coming soon from the OP.....are bananas really all they are cracked up to be

To answer the question, no, they will be here to stay I am sure.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's a logical question to ask. Stop trolling not the first you have entered one of my threads.
  • Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    It's a logical question to ask. Stop trolling not the first you have entered one of my threads.

And whats wrong with asking it in the ongoing Channel 5 thread?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    Hope not

I like DOG's id prefer them on ALL channels.

LOL why on earth would you prefer to have a DOG on all channels?
  • pakokelso93pakokelso93 Posts: 11,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Coming soon from the OP.....are bananas really all they are cracked up to be.

...and after that "Will channel 5 bid for French football".
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    It's trivial nonsense and the least interesting angle that you could take on a potential change of ownership at C5. Certainly not worthy of its own dedicated thread, yet here we are.

However loathed they might be by some viewers, the inescapable fact is that DOGs are a key element of live broadcasting both here and around the world, and are here to stay. All of the major networks use them and hence it's very very unlikely that C5 would suddenly elect not to do so, whoever is pulling the strings.
  • Alex2606Alex2606 Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...and after that "Will channel 5 bid for French football".

Yes and naturally they'll let Sky show some of it on Pick TV! :D
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    JTsky wrote: »
    LOL why on earth would you prefer to have a DOG on all channels?

I honestly don't mind them.

They do not distract me nor annoy me.

I can honestly say I do not understand why there is a negative opinion of them I would like someone to make a list if what is essentially bad about them so I can see if I can agree with any of the negativity.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,980
    Forum Member

I can honestly say I do not understand why there is a negative opinion of them I would like someone to make a list if what is essentially bad about them so I can see if I can agree with any of the negativity.

I'm really glad I'm not the only one lol. I can't think of a single time a DOG has ruined a programme for me. I just focus on the programme rather than that small part in the corner
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Oh look, ANOTHER D.O.G thread.....

You cannot be that bothered about the show if you're more focussed on the logo!
    if it was solid in color like say BT Sport is, or Cartoon Network, then perhaps, fair enough, but Channel 5's is opaque and out the way.
    And if Discovery take the controlling stake they are rumoured to be buying, then they will be the deciding factor and considering that ALL Discovery channels use them around the world, its safe to say its staying.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really glad I'm not the only one lol. I can't think of a single time a DOG has ruined a programme for me. I just focus on the programme rather than that small part in the corner

Like on Challenge when they show Wipeout and the DOG covers the answer on in the top left hand corner or they go overboard like on the music channels with one in at least three corners.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Oh look, ANOTHER D.O.G thread.....

You cannot be that bothered about the show if you're more focussed on the logo!

But that's the problem. If a graphic appears on screen you look and read it.
  • sat-iresat-ire Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That doesn't answer the question posed.

Which was "why would you PREFER to have them on all channels?"

If they don't distract you what does it matter to you whether they're there or not? I don't understand your logic

Fact is they do distract some people and no amount of other people saying that they're not distracted by them obviously can't change that .