• Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Adnan for Belgium.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't venture into this thread much and even I know it was referring to your usual banging on about De Gea being first choice for Spain, last time out you came up with some nonsense about Reina being on loan...

De Gea will be Spain's number 1 in th future barring serious injury, he's also likely to be one of the best keepers in the world, so I don't see why you bring it up so much either..

Thinking about it, the answer lies somewhere between you either being a first class idiot or a really clever troll.

I am neither an idiot or a troll, and I don't bring or broach the subject matter often.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reina played for Liverpool, so of course he's rubbish. It's only a matter of time before the 'Herrera for Spain' bandwagon gets rolled out.

What do you mean by this?

My views on Reina surely make sense, he shouldn't be picked as he isn't playing games, he isd on the bench at Bayern, it has nothing to do with him having played for Liverpool, so your inference that my views may be tainted by bias, are just plainly wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O'Neill wrote: »
    Adnan for Belgium.

I would like to see that, but for that to happen, he would first have to get into our team on a regular basis, which doesn't seem likely at the moment, what with the form of Di Maria, and Mata.
  • Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean by this?

My views on Reina surely make sense, he shouldn't be picked as he isn't playing games, he isd on the bench at Bayern, it has nothing to do with him having played for Liverpool, so your inference that my views may be tainted by bias, are just plainly wrong.

What about when your view was that he was on loan on Napoli, and as such was 'unwanted,' or whatever nonsense it was you trotted out at the time?

You're as biased as it gets, but you hide it in here where you think no-one can see you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about when your view was that he was on loan on Napoli, and as such was 'unwanted,' or whatever nonsense it was you trotted out at the time.

You're as biased as it gets, but you hide it in here where you think no-one can see you.

When he was on loan at Napoli, correct me if I am wrong, but did Liverpool want to keep hold of him or not? And when he came back from his loan deal, did Liverpool want to keep him then? So was he an unwanted player at that time or not?
    If you did want to keep him, then fine I will retract my statement's on the subject matter, but that was not the general feeling that I was getting at the time, from reading different sources.

I wouldn't say that I am the most biased person ever, yes I favour my club over others, but that is the same for most club fans, when times come to be impartial, I can do that.

If I was to show any bias, why would I try to hide it, in a forum which has the biggest thread in the football section? That doesn't really make much sense there, surely if I were to do it, or show it, I would be better off in a smaller thread, that not as many people use, or view??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When he was on loan at Napoli, correct me if I am wrong, but did Liverpool want to keep hold of him or not? And when he came back from his loan deal, did Liverpool want to keep him then? So was he an unwanted player at that time or not?
    If you did want to keep him, then fine I will retract my statement's on the subject matter, but that was not the general feeling that I was getting at the time, from reading different sources.

What you fail to see is whether Liverpool wanted him or not, is irrelevant to his ability and experience as a goal keeper. His form at Napoli was reasonable, and it isn't beyond reasonable expectation to see him called up for Spain.

I wouldn't say that I am the most biased person ever, yes I favour my club over others, but that is the same for most club fans, when times come to be impartial, I can do that.

You post in the manner of a primary school child. Oblivious that it's easy to see every side of you on here.

If I was to show any bias, why would I try to hide it, in a forum which has the biggest thread in the football section? That doesn't really make much sense there, surely if I were to do it, or show it, I would be better off in a smaller thread, that not as many people use, or view??

This is an entertainment forum. While this thread may be the biggest on the football sub-forum, it's pretty insignificant compared to the rest of the site.

Additionally, you may not have noticed, but the football forum is effectively dead. The reasonable posters like Tel, Richie, Cantona, Faxy and so on are sadly gone, and they were the type of people to drive intelligent, well-thought out debate, not trot out the equivalent of a written in opinion from a 9 year old to Match magazine like yourself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reina played for Liverpool, so of course he's rubbish. It's only a matter of time before the 'Herrera for Spain' bandwagon gets rolled out.

Herrera certainly has the ability to be in the national team, but there's so many players ahead of him. I know you were illustrating a point, but I thought it was an interesting point actually.

Even with the likes of Alonso and Xavi retiring, they still have some quality in the middle of the park.

Busquets, Iniesta, Fabregas, Cazorla, Silva. All players that can comfortably play in Hererra's position.

That's also leaving out the likes of Koke and Ander Iturraspe.

Personally though, I'd probably go for Busquets sitting with Fabegras and Iniesta in front of him. When Iniesta comes to the end of his international career I'd give Hererra a go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the way Batdude, would you want Falcao dropped from Colombia, he's obviously unwanted by his club...or does your logic not extend to Manchester United players?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What you fail to see is whether Liverpool wanted him or not, is irrelevant to his ability and experience as a goal keeper. His form at Napoli was reasonable, and it isn't beyond reasonable expectation to see him called up for Spain.

You post in the manner of a primary school child. Oblivious that it's easy to see every side of you on here.

This is an entertainment forum. While this thread may be the biggest on the football sub-forum, it's pretty insignificant compared to the rest of the site.

Additionally, you may not have noticed, but the football forum is effectively dead. The reasonable posters like Tel, Richie, Cantona, Faxy and so on are sadly gone, and they were the type of people to drive intelligent, well-thought out debate, not trot out the equivalent of a written in opinion from a 9 year old to Match magazine like yourself.

It is sad to see those posters not here posting anymore, but I resent your description of myself, but if that is how you feel, then I am sorry about that, as I like to have a good debate about a topic of football, just like anyone else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is sad to see those posters not here posting anymore, but I resent your description of myself, but if that is how you feel, then I am sorry about that, as I like to have a good debate about a topic of football, just like anyone else.

House!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the way Batdude, would you want Falcao dropped from Colombia, he's obviously unwanted by his club...or does your logic not extend to Manchester United players?

Is he unwanted by Monaco, or is he just a pawn in a bigger game, (that being the owners financial situation amongst others) as they could really be doing with his services at the moment; I don't think the two situations are that comparable really.
    But if you want to try and compare the two like that, then, yes, he shouldn't play.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Herrera certainly has the ability to be in the national team, but there's so many players ahead of him. I know you were illustrating a point, but I thought it was an interesting point actually.

Even with the likes of Alonso and Xavi retiring, they still have some quality in the middle of the park.

Busquets, Iniesta, Fabregas, Cazorla, Silva. All players that can comfortably play in Hererra's position.

Personally though, I'd probably go for Busquets sitting with Fabegras and Iniesta in front of him. When Iniesta comes to the end of his international career I'd give Hererra a go.

For what is worth, I fully agree with you here, Herrera has long way to go, before he gets into what is still probably the best group of midfielders in the world.

They have so many great options to select from, that to even break into that area of the pitch, you have to be exceptional.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    House!

:confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he unwanted by Monaco, or is he just a pawn in a bigger game, (that being the owners financial situation amongst others) as they could really be doing with his services at the moment; I don't think the two situations are that comparable really.
    But if you want to try and compare the two like that, then, yes, he shouldn't play.

Regardless of the reasons, he's unwanted. The fact that you don't see the two situations as comparable is your bias shining through.

At least you're consistent with the last part though.
    :confused::confused:

I thought we were playing Batdude bingo because you trotted out your usual go to cliché that you always do when someone pulls you up on your past posts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regardless of the reasons, he's unwanted. The fact that you don't see the two situations as comparable is your bias shining through.

At least you're consistent with the last part though.

I thought we were playing Batdude bingo because you trotted out your usual go to cliché that you always do when someone pulls you up on your past posts.

The fact that I don't see the two situations as comparable has nothing to do with any perceived bias on my part, and more to do with trying to analyse each loan deal separately.
    Reina went out on loan for what I can gather was a different reason to why Falcao went out on loan, hence why I said that I thought that the two situations were different.
    I did not put any bias into my thinking behind my answer to your question.

As for "Batdude bingo", that is not a cliché, it is the truth, am I supposed to lie, and say I don't like a good debate when in fact I do?
    It feels like a bit of "dammed if I do, dammed if I don't" there to me.
  • Options
    Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    House!

Lol, no prizes for that, we all saw it coming.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that I don't see the two situations as comparable has nothing to do with any perceived bias on my part, and more to do with trying to analyse each loan deal separately.
    Reina went out on loan for what I can gather was a different reason to why Falcao went out on loan, hence why I said that I thought that the two situations were different.
    I did not put any bias into my thinking behind my answer to your question.

The reasoning is irrelevant, he could have gone out on loan because the manager didn't like his laces, at the end of the day, he's unwanted, the same as Reina was, even if the reasons were different.

It's completely biased, magical thinking, reminiscent of my research with 8 year olds.

As for "Batdude bingo", that is not a cliché, it is the truth, am I supposed to lie, and say I don't like a good debate when in fact I do?
    It feels like a bit of "dammed if I do, dammed if I don't" there to me.

Look at the post below, it's clear that I'm not the only one who picked up on your posting idiosyncrasies.
    Eye Itch wrote: »
    Lol, no prizes for that, we all saw it coming.

Haha, true!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reasoning is irrelevant, he could have gone out on loan because the manager didn't like his laces, at the end of the day, he's unwanted, the same as Reina was, even if the reasons were different.

It's completely biased, magical thinking, reminiscent of my research with 8 year olds.

Look at the post below, it's clear that I'm not the only one who picked up on your posting idiosyncrasies.

Haha, true!

My answer did not have any bias whatsoever in it, that is the truth, if we have a difference of opinion, then fine, but to label my opinion as biased is just wrong.

Again, in relation to "Batdue bingo", what am I supposed to do lie, and not say I like a good well meaning and well thought out debate, when in fact I do?
    My idiosyncrasies are neither here nor there really, I am speaking the truth when I say what I say about debates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To get back to the football if I may, Rojo is starting for Argentina against Brazil in China.
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think batdude seems like a decent lad, albeit one who is tad too fond of a straw man argument.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think batdude seems like a decent lad, albeit one who is tad too fond of a straw man argument.

I thank you for the comment, although I am not too sure that I agree with the last section, as I try not to go down that road if possible.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member

But Reina wasn't loaned out because he just wasn't wanted, he was loaned out because he wanted to go to Barcelona and that didn't happen so the club was going to get rid of him for trying to engineer a move away. The loan only happened because we didn't have the time to sell him so we loaned him for a year then sold him.

So he wasn't really loaned out for footballing reasons, because he wasn't wanted. He was loaned out because the club didn't like what he was doing. Otherwise he may well still be our main keeper, or at least stayed as a backup last season and sold in the summer. I think we would've benefitted from having him last season.

While the exact circumstances aren't the same, that doesn't actually have any relevance to the argument. Both were loaned out for reasons other than footballing reasons, and would have been kept if circumstances allowed it. The only difference is Falcao went to a club where he'll get plenty of games. Reina's a goalkeeper, which means if you aren't first choice you won't play much anyway, and he happened to go to a team with who I think is currently the best goalkeeper in the world (yes, that includes De Gea).
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I must admit, I've been surprised by Herrera. There were a few eyebrows raised at the price that we paid for him, but so far, he's looked the business.

As for getting into the national team, I don't see it happening just yet. As you say, Busquets, Fabregas and Iniesta would be the clear first-choice picks.

However, if Herrera keeps performing as he has, then you never know.
This discussion has been closed.