Comments

• allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh goodie - can we brush off last years jokes about him being used to kneeling infront of queens? :D

But seriously - he probably does deserve it - does an awful lot for "charridy that he doesnt like to talk about much" so good for him- I know he isnt well liked on DS but there are far less deserving celebs that will probably get a gong, simply for being alive for ages and boring us to tears (yes Brucie I mean you ;) ).
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "....because of the contribution he has made to the music and entertainment industry."

What contribution would that be then?
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see the Queen decapitate him when doing so :D
  • dexydaldexydal Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Syco have said they know nothing about it. He would have heard by now if he was being knighted.

It was always more likely to be the New Years Honours rather then the queens birthday one though.
  • LisaB599LisaB599 Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »
    Oh goodie - can we brush off last years jokes about him being used to kneeling infront of queens? :D

But seriously - he probably does deserve it - does an awful lot for "charridy that he doesnt like to talk about much" so good for him- I know he isnt well liked on DS but there are far less deserving celebs that will probably get a gong, simply for being alive for ages and boring us to tears (yes Brucie I mean you ;) ).

i like him he does do a lot for charity with the xfactor singles and other stuff and he supports out country.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »

Yes, true. He's a good bloke and he is an industry king in money-making and generating terms.

But he has not contributed in any way shape or form to the music industry.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,956
    Forum Member
    I hope not.

:sleep:
  • birdsongbirdsong Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh please no .......:eek:
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he should get a title and then we can call him Lord Farquaad, after the dude in Shrek who suffers from short man complex, so he over compensates by being really mean and controlling :D
  • Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Yes, true. He's a good bloke and he is an industry king in money-making and generating terms.

But he has not contributed in any way shape or form to the music industry.

Not true he has contributed although I wouldn't suggest it was positive. Fix factor and more covers.
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Knighthood, for what, creating flash in the pan pop stars? It should be Brucie or Ronnie Corbett but entertainment people always get overlooked
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Services to music? Seeing as he is responsible for so much crap, that is an absolute joke.
  • miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    essexpete wrote: »
    Knighthood, for what, creating flash in the pan pop stars? It should be Brucie or Ronnie Corbett but entertainment people always get overlooked

Absolutely right. Brucie yes...Cowell absolutely not. He has done nothing for music whatsoever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My instant reaction to this thread was to start singing 'There is nothing like a dame'.:D
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knighthood.
    What for exactly?
    He should be up for karaoke crimes against humanity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo09 wrote: »
    Not true he has contributed although I wouldn't suggest it was positive. Fix factor and more covers.

When the term 'contributed' is used, it implies that it's a positive thing. Cowell has not contributed positively to the music industry. He has done nothing good for what I (and a huge number of people I daresay) would understand as the music industry, as distinct from the self-promoting entertainment industry. So it is true. :)

If you want an example of someone who has contributed hugely to the music industry, then let's give a knighthood to Jools Holland, a man who has devoted the last couple of decades to ensuring that the best of quality music of every genre is recognised, promoted and given proper respect. That's what contributing to the music industry means.
  • iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him and wouldnt mind seeing him recieve one.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he should get a title and then we can call him Lord Farquaad, after the dude in Shrek who suffers from short man complex, so he over compensates by being really mean and controlling :D

I like that!
  • emma-saurusemma-saurus Posts: 8,150
    Forum Member
    Sir Simon Cowell? As if his ego wasn't big enough...
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For services to his own wallet?
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    "....because of the contribution he has made to the music and entertainment industry."

What contribution would that be then?

Zig and Zag.

If they don't warrant a Knighthood, then I dont know what does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love to see the Queen decapitate him when doing so :D

:eek::eek::confused: 'Nice'

But......Sir Simon of Cowell! It'd make him even more big-headed than ever!
  • ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    OMG this has to be a joke. If Cowell gets this before The Fantasic Mr Forsythe then there is no justice in the world. Brucie has never made a big thing out of it and the whole country wants it for him. Why is he seriously overlooked all the time. Maybe Her Maj is waiting for him to die and award it posthumosly. But sorry Lizzie you be gone long before him luv.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG this has to be a joke. If Cowell gets this before The Fantasic Mr Forsythe then there is no justice in the world. Brucie has never made a big thing out of it and the whole country wants it for him. Why is he seriously overlooked all the time. Maybe Her Maj is waiting for him to die and award it posthumosly. But sorry Lizzie you be gone long before him luv.

Aren't they about the same age? Rod Stewart should get a knighthood too IMO.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cowell may well get knighted; he is a pal of Cameron (and sang his praises in the Sun during the election campaign)...Murdoch probably put a good word in too

And I wouldn't be surprised if Beckham gets one too:yawn: