ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is this about.

Post 15.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    Having just googled her, I can't believe that it'll be 14 years in April since Jill Dando died! I can't believe I can remember something so clearly that happened so long ago! :eek:
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    You can't say a case will never ever be solved. Bodies do turn up years later, criminals confess, people come forward with information they have been sitting on and forensic DNA analysis is improving all the time.

Fair point, I never thought they'd find Vicky Hamilton. I believe Tobin is responsible for more missing girls/women.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,062
    Forum Member
    Genette Tate is strongly linked with Tobin, although I doubt it will ever be proved.

I agree the McCann case is unlikely to ever be solved now unless the body is found.

Claudia Lawrence is an interesting case - I am sure I read on DS (ok this is about as reliable as Twitter!) that in the days before her disappearance there was a strange guy in that area offering women lifts.

Its starting to look like the shooting of an entire family in France a couple of months back will never be solved.

And sadly the body of that young girl in North Wales has still not been found
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Galaxy266 wrote: »
    Jill Dando?

I always knew it wasn't Barry George who killed her. A bit of an oddball, yes, but that doesn't make him a murderer. I hope his claim for compensation is successful.

I still think Jill Dando's murder bears all the hallmarks of an organised hit and was never confident that Barry George was the right man.

Her murder was definitely related to her work on Crimewatch in my opinion.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Nairn banker.
  • Options
    MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This may never be solved if a bit strange. Why burn the body and not walk away with ANYTHING? What was the motive? Sex game gone wrong but burn her to death to hide shame for her family? Random nutter she picked up off the street? Weird.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Bizarre+double+life+of+kindly+doctor+who+was+murdered+in+her+own+home.-a060742960

This one, I know both boys are probably dead, but I hope something can be found to put their families at ease:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/3139027.stm
  • Options
    kiteflyerkiteflyer Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    The Nairn banker.

Yes, that was a strange one which probably a lot of people south of the border don't even know about.
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    The Nairn banker.

Oh aye...that is a mystery.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    Ben Needham.
    Richie Edwards.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    I still think Jill Dando's murder bears all the hallmarks of an organised hit and was never confident that Barry George was the right man.

Not necessarily : Her neighbour's wife had a similar hairdo, and drove an identical car. Her neighbour just happened to be looking out of aan upstairs window when the murder took place.
  • Options
    kiteflyerkiteflyer Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Nairn banker.
    Oh aye...that is a mystery.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-14853572

Can't believe that this was 8 years ago. His children must be near their teens now. :(
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »

There has been recent speculation that she was killed to prevent her from exposing certain activities at the BBC. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Not necessarily : Her neighbour's wife had a similar hairdo, and drove an identical car. Her neighbour just happened to be looking out of aan upstairs window when the murder took place.

It's the manner in which it was done that makes me think the man involved was a professional.

The fact he's never been caught also suggests that it was incredibly well planned.

There can't be many killers who have committed a crime so blatantly and got away with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There has been recent speculation that she was killed to prevent her from exposing certain activities at the BBC. ;)

Savile strikes again!

It wouldn't surprise me if they did try and pin it on him... or Simon Bates.
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought the murder of Jill Dando was the work of a professional. Whoever it was, they knew she was going to be at her flat on that particular morning. She was living with her boyfriend at the time and only went back to her flat every now and then.
  • Options
    duckymallardduckymallard Posts: 13,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cobis wrote: »
    Renee MacRae and her three-year-old son Andrew is another case which I fear will never be solved, they too have never been found although the car Renee was drving was found on fire in a lay by with traces of blood matching them both found in the boot, They were on their way to spend time with Renee's married lover who was also the father of Andrew.

It was thought that the bodies may be in a nearby quarry however when it was excavated nothing was found. The A9 was being upgraded at the time and it is now thought locally that they may be buried beneath it

I was a cop on duty at Pitlochry that night. I believe my notebook and patrol log are still being stored as part of the enquiry.

As to your last part - that's been my (and other officers) opinion from fairly early on. Tarmac Construction were pouring huge flyovers and culverts up and down the A9, between Calvine and Dalwhinnie when they disappeared.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    April jones

Sadly I think the same.
  • Options
    Phatal41Phatal41 Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    I don't think the Penny Bell murder was ever solved.
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone remember the case of Janice Weston a London solicitor whose body was found near a layby in Cambridgeshire in 1983?
  • Options
    adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JFK

Jill Dando
  • Options
    adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JFK

Jill Dando