BT Entertaiment Extra channels on Youview - now here!

iiyama17iiyama17 Posts: 721
Forum Member
✭✭
They have just appeared on my BT Youview box along with ESPN HD which I wasn't expecting.

Comments

• gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,622
    Forum Member
    Which confirms there is no technical reason why retail Youview box users should not be able to get these extra channels as it is the same hardware and software. Just need their ordering system to catch up. :(
  • iiyama17iiyama17 Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    Which confirms there is no technical reason why retail Youview box users should not be able to get these extra channels as it is the same hardware and software. Just need their ordering system to catch up. :(

That's not true though. Retails boxes are running software V4.20.0, BT Youview boxes are currently running V4.10.0 as the latest version. So there must be more to it than that.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,622
    Forum Member
    The higher-numbered release on the retail boxes rolls up all the changes included in the lower-numbered release on BT boxes plus a couple of minor fixes. Obviously you need to be able order the extra channels so they can configure your account at their end and it is that process which is missing at the moment.
  • meatonmeaton Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    I added this to my BT TV service this morning and i've had confirmation they've been added, I can't see them until i get home though! :(
  • wwwebberwwwebber Posts: 3,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    meaton wrote: »
    I added this to my BT TV service this morning and i've had confirmation they've been added, I can't see them until i get home though! :(

How did you do this ? And did you have to recontract ?
    Forum Member
    I just did it online, logged into "My BT" and once logged in, click on "My TV" at the top then in the page it shows "Get More from BT TV" in this box it shows a pink button saying "Upgrade BT TV" - click this then at least for me the 3rd box down in the centre says "Add Extra TV Channels" with some text saying:

Add Extra TV channels
    to your package
    (only available with BT Infinity)

Get 18 fantastic Extra TV channels including Discovery, Comedy Central, Gold, Nat Geo and British Eurosport. And enjoy extra laughs, drama, nature and sport.

Now available on both BT Vision+ and YouView from BT boxes.

then there is a blue button that says "Add Extra TV Channels"

Then you just follow the order process as normal, i got an email about 2 hours later saying it had been completed.

Hope this help.

Mike
  • neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the channels have also appeared on my YouView retail box.

Darren
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    meaton wrote: »
    I just did it online, logged into "My BT" and once logged in, click on "My TV" at the top then in the page it shows "Get More from BT TV" in this box it shows a pink button saying "Upgrade BT TV" - click this then at least for me the 3rd box down in the centre says "Add Extra TV Channels" with some text saying:

then there is a blue button that says "Add Extra TV Channels"

Then you just follow the order process as normal, i got an email about 2 hours later saying it had been completed.

Hope this help.

Mike

I dont see anything where to upgrade TV after I click on my TV.
    Just found it.
    It dont say just add to YouView it says they will give me a BT Vision box but I already got a YouView box and BT Vison
    player unlimited and im on Infinity. So how do you add the channel without them sending out a BT Vision box.

Darren
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ney wrote: »
    I dont see anything where to upgrade TV after I click on my TV.
    Just found it.
    It dont say just add to YouView it says they will give me a BT Vision box but I already got a YouView box and BT Vison
    player unlimited and im on Infinity. So how do you add the channel without them sending out a BT Vision box.

Darren

It's a bit confusing. You basically choose the option which offers the Entertainment Channels, ignore what it says about the Vision+ box. I did it a couple of hours ago, but received no email, but they are now working fine on my BT Youview box.

Even MyBT is still showing only TV Essentials instead of Essential Extra.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    psionic wrote: »
    It's a bit confusing. You basically choose the option which offers the Entertainment Channels, ignore what it says about the Vision+ box. I did it a couple of hours ago, but received no email, but they are now working fine on my BT Youview box.

Even MyBT is still showing only TV Essentials instead of Essential Extra.

Has your contract been renewed ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wwwebber wrote: »
    Has your contract been renewed ?

No. But I had more then 12 months on it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. But I had more then 12 months on it.

Ah, my contract is up in October. I hesitate to order the extra channels if my contract is renewed. I want to recontract for the whole lot but only of i get a discount.
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine still are not working despite the email saying they would be on before midnight, it's now after midnight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I finally did receive the email confirming that I have Essential Extra at £7 per month. Nothing changes on my existing 18 month contract which comes with £5 per month credit for TV. Basically TV Essentials was £5 per month with £5 off per month when I started the contract. So presumably I just pay £2 per month for the new channels. I'm also getting the BT Sports channels for free like other Infinity subscribers and all I've really paid since the beginning of the contract is £50 'installation' fee for the YouView box (which I get to keep).
  • daleski75daleski75 Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I finally did receive the email confirming that I have Essential Extra at £7 per month. Nothing changes on my existing 18 month contract which comes with £5 per month credit for TV. Basically TV Essentials was £5 per month with £5 off per month when I started the contract. So presumably I just pay £2 per month for the new channels. I'm also getting the BT Sports channels for free like other Infinity subscribers and all I've really paid since the beginning of the contract is £50 'installation' fee for the YouView box (which I get to keep).

I thought that and it turns out the second you upgrade you lose that £5 discount so end up paying £7 more a month and not £2.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say the SD channels look much better than on satellite, as do the HD ones. Noticeably so.
  • HomesdaleHomesdale Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    I cant seem to get BT Sport or any of these extra channels to work on my Youview box.

On all the channels i get the same thing about setting up the chaanel. Goes through all the loading process, and i get a page about subscribing.

Called BT and it says that im all set up to get them, but they dont know why. Was on the phone for 2.5 hours last night.

Going to get a phone call back at 7pm tonight. Anyone else got the same problem? :confused:
  • promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Homesdale wrote: »
    I cant seem to get BT Sport or any of these extra channels to work on my Youview box.

Out of interest are you on a retail box or a BT-supplied box?
  • HomesdaleHomesdale Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    promo-only wrote: »
    Out of interest are you on a retail box or a BT-supplied box?

BT, which makes it even more confusing!!
    Forum Member
    Mine all work fine, and I must agree, all the channels are of great quality, i get around 60mbps download rate.. Looks good!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ordered and my contract didn't extend - it's still running to October 2013.

£2.50 a month for the extra channels seems OK to me :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Homesdale wrote: »
    BT, which makes it even more confusing!!

Do you have BT Infinity?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daleski75 wrote: »
    I thought that and it turns out the second you upgrade you lose that £5 discount so end up paying £7 more a month and not £2.

Oh well. Still I'm pretty happy with all the new channels. Will weigh up other options when the free sport channels end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iiyama17 wrote: »
    That's not true though. Retails boxes are running software V4.20.0, BT Youview boxes are currently running V4.10.0 as the latest version. So there must be more to it than that.

My retail box got a minor update on 31st July as it only tane 10 seconds to download and a min or so for the box to reboot and its no running software version V4.20.0. Yet the BT Sport channels and extra channels now show up. I emailed BT about getting the extra channels as there online ordering was telling me they would send out a BT Vision + box that I dont need or want.

Darren
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed that BT wont let you have the extra channels unless you are wired to the hub. I ignored it as my YouView box is in the bedroom and connected by 500Mbit HomePlugs and unsurprisingly it works perfect.

(My PC to the hub gets 75Mbit over the Homeplugs)