Options

Edele - Liar , liar, pants on fire

Comments

• Options
    zolugzolug Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    m&m wrote: »
    You can tell a lot about people by the company they keep.

"Show me your friends, and I will tell you who you are" etc.

If you lie down with dogs you get up with fleas.
  • Options
    cattcatt Posts: 1,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant stand the sour faced miserable old bint.

I agree (bar the old) (she isn't really)

She said 'ive been nominated four times' SO MANY TIMES I wanted to climb inside my telly and tape her mouth up. 'As many times as Gary.' she went on to bemoan - but what she really saying was - 'you treat me as if I am as bad as Gary... '

Whatever, dear. He is worth a million of you. and he looks better in denim.
    She can f off home, personally.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trevor_C7 wrote: »
    I'll put money down that by the end of this series, everyone will have a pretty good idea of why her husband walked.

Known bi-sexual

How is this even remotely relevant?
  • Options
    Dave MacDave Mac Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I told everyone on day one, she'd be the mood killer of the house...but now she's coming across as nasty.

Yup, I was waiting for it too. Her own bandmates were dreading meeting up with her on the Big Reunion. Says it all.

She also basically admitted her game plan after being nominated with the Im not cleaning anymore rant.

I don't mind her tbh but I'm slightly baffled by the amount of support.
  • Options
    Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    great post

Thank you :blush::)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    She's an asshat. There's probably no need talking about her though...she's pretty irrelevant, isn't she?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Demiurgic wrote: »
    She's an asshat. There's probably no need talking about her though...she's pretty irrelevant, isn't she?

i think we're all done now, yea ;)
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the matter with Edele - why is she so bitter and cynical? I'm getting so sick of the gang mentality of these people. In fact I'm beginning to think that Gary and Audley and maybe George are the only well balanced people in the house.
    Nasty woman
    Edele is completely right about gary saying he sorry she's gone, gary is totally lying about what he said, he is glad stephanie's gone his smile as stephanie left told the turth.

The way they have treated him, why should Gary be sad for any of them ?
  • Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BabelBrook wrote: »
    I am saying some of his statements about his hearing don't seem to be consistent.

I think he doesnt understand some of the English expressions. Also the dialect and accents of some of the Hmts.
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she is trying to fit in with the main group in house and avoid nomination and is doing that by bonding over putting an outsider down. It's very mean girl. I wish she showed more depth and stood aside and trusted the public to keep her in if they put her up.
  • Options
    waylander_1973waylander_1973 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Nasty woman

The way they have treated him, why should Gary be sad for any of them ?

Gary has every right to say, i am glad that housemate is gone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think she is trying to fit in with the main group in house and avoid nomination and is doing that by bonding over putting an outsider down. It's very mean girl. I wish she showed more depth and stood aside and trusted the public to keep her in if they put her up.

It shows to me that she thinks the housemates evicted should have stayed over Gary.

That is the groupthink, and she's proved she's no different or standout in any way at all.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She doesn't mind opening up to Gary though.

Their session seemed to go very well and Edele left looking a lot happier and as though she enjoyed it. After she left Gary expressed what a lovely woman she is.

This is what makes her following the crowd very disappointing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Their session seemed to go very well and Edele left looking a lot happier and as though she enjoyed it. After she left Gary expressed what a lovely woman she is.

This is what makes her following the crowd very disappointing.

Indeed. So disappointed in her.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    Indeed. So disappointed in her.

No strength of character. Her loss........:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    Edele is completely right about gary saying he sorry she's gone, gary is totally lying about what he said, he is glad stephanie's gone his smile as stephanie left told the turth.

So what?

Can't you see the bigger picture? Edele should never have turned her back to Gary when she said that.

God forbid any of us wind up deaf before our time!!
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Even if he was lying it would have been a nice lie, or a white lie, to make some of them feel better. He'd just seen James get angry with him and possibly wanted to remedy that. In a way it would be the opposite of being 'rude'.
    In fact Edele would have made James feel worse by saying what she did.

However he could well have meant what he said. Because more recently he's sat with Stephanie, got on with her better, and probably thought that they were healing an initial rift that was there, and he feels that her exit was premature because he feels that it was unfinished business because they hadn't quite reached the stage where they see each other eye to eye. Plus the fact that apart from him she was the last American and it would make him feel that little bit more on his own. At least they had their nationality to share common ground with.
    He won't know about things she may have still been saying behind his back with other housemates or in the diary room. He only had what he sees face to face with her, while we see what she truly thinks when she's not in his presence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Even if he was lying it would have been a nice lie, or a white lie, to make some of them feel better. He'd just seen James get angry with him and possibly wanted to remedy that. In a way it would be the opposite of being 'rude'.
    In fact Edele would have made James feel worse by saying what she did.

However he could well have meant what he said. Because more recently he's sat with Stephanie, got on with her better, and probably thought that they were healing an initial rift that was there, and he feels that her exit was premature because he feels that it was unfinished business because they hadn't quite reached the stage where they see each other eye to eye. Plus the fact that apart from him she was the last American and it would make him feel that little bit more on his own. At least they had their nationality to share common ground with.
    He won't know about things she may have still been saying behind his back with other housemates or in the diary room. He only had what he sees face to face with her, while we see what she truly thinks when she's not in his presence.

Wow....what a brilliant insightful post.

|t really spells out a lot of what Gary's world is in that house.

But it also makes me feel so sad how misunderstood he is. :(
  • Options
    zazayazazaya Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite liked Edele, thought she came across as fair compared to the others, but I've gone off her now. That was a very mean spirited comment to make and it showed her up as yet another sheep in the "Let's all hate Gary" crowd. Disappointing.

She really kicked off with them for nominating her, revealing a sense of self entitlement that annoys me. Gary has never complained about being up for eviction every time.

Gary and Audley are the only ones I like in the house now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zazaya wrote: »
    I quite liked Edele, thought she came across as fair compared to the others, but I've gone off her now. That was a very mean spirited comment to make and it showed her up as yet another sheep in the "Let's all hate Gary" crowd. Disappointing.

She really kicked off with them for nominating her, revealing a sense of self entitlement that annoys me. Gary has never complained about being up for eviction every time.

Gary and Audley are the only ones I like in the house now.

I agree.

It shows strength of character in both Gary and Audley that they don't get riled by their fellow housemates.

Both worthy winners :)
  • Options
    TrumblesTrumbles Posts: 7,781
    Forum Member
    I don't think Edele nor James got the context of what he was saying. He didn't say he loved Steph, he just said her presence in the house now that she'd left would be felt by the housemates. That's pretty obvious when you consider how close Edele and James were to Steph. I think Edele was just looking to vent, and Gary was the easy target. She like the others feel Gary has no right to survive eviction and should have gone instead of Steph.
    Well he said he'd miss it/her which was what drew the reaction.

You've given an interpretation of what Gary meant which might or might not be true, and at least three explanations for why Edele made her comment (inc that she just wanted to vent at anyone, and that she was showing off to James).

I just think she took it at face value and was irritated at Gary pretending there was any love lost between him and Stephanie especially as without his nomination she couldn't have gone. As Gary is frequently on the wind-up (in the opinion of all the housemates and many other people) it's not an unreasonable interpretation. I'd find it irritating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Trumbles wrote: »
    Well he said he'd miss it/her which was what drew the reaction.

You've given an interpretation of what Gary meant which might or might not be true, and at least three explanations for why Edele made her comment (inc that she just wanted to vent at anyone, and that she was showing off to James).

I just think she took it at face value and was irritated at Gary pretending there was any love lost between him and Stephanie especially as without his nomination she couldn't have gone. As Gary is frequently on the wind-up (in the opinion of all the housemates and many other people) it's not an unreasonable interpretation. I'd find it irritating.

But despite all of what you say, she was not prepared to be open about it and speak to Gary about it, was she?

She had what we have viewed as the most incredible opening up of herself in the house................thanks to Gary.

And yet here we have her siding with James against him.

What to think, uh? :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    I agree. I'm massively disappointed in Edele joining in with the bandwagon against Gary. The guy can't say anything but he's berated for it. It's shocking.

She was fine with him to start with not following the sheep but that halo is starting to slip big time, they're down his throat as soon as he speaks they hear wot they think they hear. If they listened then theyed appreciate wot he was saying FFS
  • Options
    SteshaStesha Posts: 1,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyo55 wrote: »
    i thought that was a massive error from gary ..he has been forgiven a lot by the public ..because of his earing ..the proof of that is right here

The way I heard it was that Gary was trying to tell James that he had heard him perfectly well. In other words, he had not been deaf to those particular comments. Not that he was always 'not deaf'. A subtle difference.
  • Options
    achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She fits the "bitter, old divorcee" stereotype.