Mobile phone business contract

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
Forum Member
Hello all,

I've recently started cost saving for a small business. And they have a business contract iPhone on a £50 a month tariff. After looking at it, she doesn't use any of the extras for it and only texts occasionally and the odd phone call. This contract has been in place for 4 years.
All the bills show this.
My question is, is there any way of maybe getting money back from this? It was technically miss sold in he first place (pushy O2 salesman)

I'm ending the contract for them and getting them on a more budget friendly contract anyway. My director just wants to get money back if possible

Comments

• BagovBagov Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Anubis wrote: »
    Hello all,

I've recently started cost saving for a small business. And they have a business contract iPhone on a £50 a month tariff. After looking at it, she doesn't use any of the extras for it and only texts occasionally and the odd phone call. This contract has been in place for 4 years.
    All the bills show this.
    My question is, is there any way of maybe getting money back from this? It was technically miss sold in he first place (pushy O2 salesman)

I'm ending the contract for them and getting them on a more budget friendly contract anyway. My director just wants to get money back if possible

You're not getting any money back. In my experience, people who want a device will sign up for any size of tariff in order to save the up-front cost. Especially if the employer is paying. The person ordering it had plenty of time to object/return the phone. You'd have no chance of proving mis-selling. You can, however, negotiate a fresh/sim only deal if the phone doesn't need replacing.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anubis wrote: »
    Hello all,

All the bills show this.

Would you like it if one of the customers of your businesses entered into a contract and then tried to get out of paying your company money they had signed a contract and agreed to pay over a fixed term.

You can obviously do something about it when the contract comes to an end, but you can't complain about mis-selling unless you complain immediately after sale, like within 14 days of purchase, any judge would just accept that the person taking out the contract was happy and the reason why they want to get out of it subsequently is because you are cost saving, not because they were mis-sold at the time.

Sorry, but there's nothing you can do until the end of the contract.