big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mata does a gerrard
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone got a decent stream? Mine are a bit blurry. Doesn't have to be in English. Ta.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We haven't created much so far, and it has been our ex-player Jones with the best effort on goal.

Still a lot of work to do by the looks of things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone got a decent stream? Mine are a bit blurry. Doesn't have to be in English. Ta.

You will probably be better off if you get a foreign one, save you from having to listen to the tones of Owen.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,968
    Forum Member
    We haven't created much so far, and it has been our ex-player Jones with the best effort on goal.

Still a lot of work to do by the looks of things.

True, Di Maria looks impressive, but it is obvious we are lacking in confidence especially in defence.
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's dire I wouldn't bother, Burnley will win this if it continues this way

A team with RVP, Mata, Rooney, Di Maria etc and we've already resorted to hoffing long balls at ever chance
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »

A team with RVP, Mata, Rooney, Di Maria etc and we've already resorted to hoffing long balls at ever chance

That is worrying that with those players you stated we have created very little. It is a distinct possibility that we could lose this one though i think if we get a goal at some point today we will be Ok. I get the feeling though that every game we play this season is going to be a hard watch.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Di Maria sticks out like a skyscraper in the Qatari desert.

Totally different level.
  • Options
    shubstarshubstar Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Why are we playing so many long balls? When we played like this under Moyes, he was vilified by fans.

Also, it seems the players have been.instructed not to break with pace. Young and valencia seem to stop and turn back anytime they get the ball.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    True, Di Maria looks impressive, but it is obvious we are lacking in confidence especially in defence.

I think there seems to be some sort of malaise about the players, something just doesn't seem quite right, things are not clicking as well as we might have hoped at this stage.

Hopefully the second half brings something different, but this is so far looking like a repeat of our other matches.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Target number one for man united would be 40 points based on this so far
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That pass from Van Persie just about sums up that half
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Target number one for man united would be 40 points based on this so far

Well only 39 points to go, just shows how far we have fallen that it is even talked about as a possibility.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shubstar wrote: »
    Why are we playing so many long balls? When we played like this under Moyes, he was vilified by fans.

Also, it seems the players have been.instructed not to break with pace. Young and valencia seem to stop and turn back anytime they get the ball.

The long aimless, hopeful balls are getting on my nerves, they don't work, we should be using the creative and inventive players like Mata and Di Maria a heck of a lot more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shubstar wrote: »

Basically because a combination of a)the defenders not being very good passers of the ball, b)the midfield not moving into space, c)pressure from the opposing players.

That's just Valencia's and Young's natural game :blush:
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »

Whoa, debbie downer ;-) I know you posted that at a certain time of the match but from what I saw there were many signs of improvement. We look fairly comfortable with the set-up at last, Mata and Fletcher are playing better, Di-Maria is an obvious asset and we started to knock it around at bit towards the end and... we've got Danny Blind for a decent price.

All we need now is Joey boswell's Dad and we'll be well in ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed one thing that annoyed me immensely in that half more than anything. Di Maria was asking for the ball and Blackett just ignored him and booted it up field.

Why spend 60 million on a player to just ignore him.

Hopefully the 2nd half will be an improvement. A team with such obvious talent will have to click at some point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    50 long balls, 23 successful in the first half.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We really could do with Shaw and Rafael as the wingbacks, they would suit this system/formation a lot better than Young and Valencia.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fletcher on a yellow worries me, if he gets sent off, then what? Anderson comes on?!! Yikes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Penguins would suit the system better than those 2.
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    Rooney and RVP both look off the pace.
This discussion has been closed.