The Cher Lloyd Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    Cher has had 3 singles out and 2 of them have been in the top 5 thats pretty good imo :)

What was WUB peak postion on the chart?

Any reason (if you know) why it didn't do as well as the other two? :)

Oh I agree the singles did well chart wise, its just the lack of airplay they received by the radio peeps..:confused:
    WUB I think got to 26, though an excellent track it had been ruined by the addition of ASTRO and most Cher fans had already got the better album version anyway, which most people downloaded to achieve #26.
    Also Syco took an age to release the official (Astro) version, I reckon they already thought it a dud and used Cher's fans in purchasing the album version instead to make it all viable.
    It was all a fix with Astro I reckon so Cher could get the chance to work with LA Ried.
  • FatfeatheryowlFatfeatheryowl Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well in Joe's absence :cry: we must soldier on.

Great review on music.uk.msn.com :D

Press coverage has been limited sadly, but she looks well at home on stage, and from the odd review that has come out and there's no reason not to suspect it's all going rather swimmingly.

Her image is changing before our eyes too, becoming much more adult, continuing the trend seen at SXSW, (is this what we are to see generated from LA Reid and his US team?).

On the image theme - God, the camera loves her! I can see why Select Models got in on the act. Certain actors have the same thing going on, and it's really hard to quantify, but you know it when you see it. "You can't stop lookin' at me...."- you know what, she might well have the last laugh with that line after all.

Press coverage was commented on further up the thread and has remained pretty negative - neutral for her ever since September 2010 to be frank. The press "cast" her from around bootcamp to "Stay" as the bratty one, and I suspect that's the part she's now forced to play sadly, in the UK at the very least. It's unfair but there we are, in a sense it's the penalty of coming to attention so early in the process (Danyl Johnson andJanet Devlin suffered too - and have come off worse than Cher career wise so it seems) The press need someone to write about, and the early frontrunners get the early attention leaving the Rebecca's, 1D's (who as individuals barely featured!) Litte Mixes etc to emerge more slowly.

I'm still puzzled as to what's going to emerge in the USA in the next few weeks in terms of WUB. Have they really shot a whole new video, or just some scenes? Is it Astroless?

One further question to toss out there: What is "success" for her in the USA? Not remotely expecting 1D levels (which fair play to them is getting serious - you don't book Madison Square Garden on a whim, thinking you might think about filling it in 8 months time), but what are, we , she, and Syco/Epic realistically looking for?

Thoughts?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well in Joe's absence :cry: we must soldier on.

Great review on music.uk.msn.com :D

Press coverage has been limited sadly, but she looks well at home on stage, and from the odd review that has come out and there's no reason not to suspect it's all going rather swimmingly.

Her image is changing before our eyes too, becoming much more adult, continuing the trend seen at SXSW, (is this what we are to see generated from LA Reid and his US team?).

On the image theme - God, the camera loves her! I can see why Select Models got in on the act. Certain actors have the same thing going on, and it's really hard to quantify, but you know it when you see it. "You can't stop lookin' at me...."- you know what, she might well have the last laugh with that line after all.

Press coverage was commented on further up the thread and has remained pretty negative - neutral for her ever since September 2010 to be frank. The press "cast" her from around bootcamp to "Stay" as the bratty one, and I suspect that's the part she's now forced to play sadly, in the UK at the very least. It's unfair but there we are, in a sense it's the penalty of coming to attention so early in the process (Danyl Johnson andJanet Devlin suffered too - and have come off worse than Cher career wise so it seems) The press need someone to write about, and the early frontrunners get the early attention leaving the Rebecca's, 1D's (who as individuals barely featured!) Litte Mixes etc to emerge more slowly.

I'm still puzzled as to what's going to emerge in the USA in the next few weeks in terms of WUB. Have they really shot a whole new video, or just some scenes? Is it Astroless?

One further question to toss out there: What is "success" for her in the USA? Not remotely expecting 1D levels (which fair play to them is getting serious - you don't book Madison Square Garden on a whim, thinking you might think about filling it in 8 months time), but what are, we , she, and Syco/Epic realistically looking for?

Thoughts?

A nice article that Ffo, that person is welcome to this thread anytime..:D
    The press..:( we have broached this subject before and have the same conclusion..:)
    Confirmation of Cher getting more adult is a good step whether its down to Cher or LA, I reckon its more down to Cher on this, getting more confident about herself as a young woman.
    Had to underscore the image theme..nuff said..:cool::D
    Now the USA..
    I hope she get's enough success to be allowed to continue basically, the UK press etc. issue qouted is it seems a constant thorn in Cher's attempt to gain more respect from the UK media, hopefully they will see the error of their ways..:rolleyes:
    So while we wait for the UK to give her a break, the US hopefully get to smell the coffee better than we do.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #sticksandstonestour2012 is the top worldwide trend on twitter right now :)

bit random but i thought i would post it ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #sticksandstonestour2012 is the top worldwide trend on twitter right now :)

bit random but i thought i would post it ;)

Nice one..:cool: Sod the press..Cher can still trend worldwide, welldone to the Brats..:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    I haven't posted here before, but I'm a huge Cher Lloyd fans (she follows me on twitter yeyy) and I saw her in Leeds last week, she was brilliant.

Her cover of 'Complicated' reminded me of my teenage years (I'm 20 now) and 'Playa Boi' WAS AMAZING.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toyken wrote: »
    I haven't posted here before, but I'm a huge Cher Lloyd fans (she follows me on twitter yeyy) and I saw her in Leeds last week, she was brilliant.

Her cover of 'Complicated' reminded me of my teenage years (I'm 20 now) and 'Playa Boi' WAS AMAZING.

Cher follows you..:cool: glad she "rocked it" once more, always the best thing to see artists live, thats unless they are cr@p..:D
    Always believed little Cher would kick ass on stage, doubt I will get the chance to see her live..:(, but always great to find someone else who comes back with tales of her brilliance..:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toyken wrote: »

You know when you haven't posted for a while and don't know where to start? This is what's happening with me :p

Anyway I'm glad the touris going well and I'm liking the fact tha people are using she rocked it.. She's such a performer!
    Forum Member
    I really like her, have since xfactor but was totally shocked at good she actually is. She belongs on stage, she owns it and I swear America will love that about her.

Album 2 will be VERY interesting
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Haven't posted here for ages but I saw Cher last night at Manchester! She was fantastic! Even my sister, who only came with me because nobody else would, is now a brat! It was so good to hear her sing Love Me For Me live! Its the exact type of song she needs on her second album! And her cover of Breathing was fantastic! If we get an album full of LMFM's and the od superhero and playa boi, and about 15 tracks then I'm sure we'll all be happy! But I would want another SJ just to stir things up a bit! Oh..the crowd went crazy for SJ last night! Cher rocked it!!
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She sounds great live, so wish I'd been able to see her on her own tour, it looks brilliant! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great the reaction is so good. She always had that stage presence on the show and I think it's really come back to the fore with SXSW and the tour (practice makes perfect too :D )

Thank you too especially to those who've seen the tour who are giving the rest of us first hand accounts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Cher1DFan wrote: »

In all the venues, you can hear the crowd singing along to LMFM, which has never been released has it? So imagine if all those illegal downloads had been sales... I still can't understand why on earth it didn't make the album. There's a video, from Newcastle I think, where Cher says she was quite upset about that.

Oh, and if you can trust twitter, on the US version of WUB Astro is being replaced by Snoop Dogg. :confused:
    Forum Member
    Yeah, everyone went crazy for 'love me for me' when I saw her.

It should have been on the album and should have been a single.

'Talkin That' was also really popular, I love that one.
  • Lord KramLord Kram Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Went on Sunday night to the IndigO2 and she was brilliant! :D
    Took a load of photos and videos which im uploading to youtube right now
    Will update this post when videos have been uploaded
    Photos:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151475626280375.830662.845355374&type=1&l=a12b28da2b

Superhero: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bQbSLo9Z8c
    With Ur Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0SOMnHcAEc
    Beautiful People: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ea5NTBDb6A
    Forum Member
    Newspaper reports quote Cher saying that she's already started work on her second album. So we can heave a sigh of relief and maybe ratchet back the worrying for a while!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed album 2 does seem more likely to be in the pipeline:D

Also great show review in the Guardian ( to old and creaky to link but it's easy enough to Google).

Interesting how most reviews seem to be of London shows - poor journalists can't get outside M25 easily can they poor lambs:D

Also seems true our girl is going to get married - so best wishes and good luck to her and Craig:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Possibly, though there is danger that she's made to "collaborate for the sake of it". Mike Posner, 3 guys on DOTT, Carolina Liar, Astro and , if true, now this. Individually fine, collectively overkill. (Note to Syco/Epic she's good on her tod you know). Also got to be careful of the context, frankly Astro was too darned young to be in an 18 yr old girl's video as the love interest : Snoop: well, no danger of excess youth being an issue shall we say:rolleyes: if it were anything similar !

On another matter that cover she does on tour of Breathing by Jason Derulo is beyond fab in my humble opinion:)

And ..... On a busy day, reports surfacing that L Walsh is casting doubt on Mrs Cole's live singing abilities. Now have we heard that somewhere else recently? Will be interesting to see if he gets as much flak. L Walsh and Cher share a view? Whatever next?
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

On another matter that cover she does on tour of Breathing by Jason Derulo is beyond fab in my humble opinion:)

I agree she is brilliant at that song :)
    Forum Member
    Nice interview from America at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRpHzeQO-Rs. She's getting better at this game.
    Forum Member
This discussion has been closed.