"New Xbox will win against PS4" says analyst.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree all this nonsence about predicting which will win is pathetic just enjoy your chosen console.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Cynic wrote: »
    Consoles are for juveniles, PC's are for adults. ;)

I thought piracy killed the PC gaming market? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez....don't people get fed up with this 'my console is/will be better than yours' crap. Both consoles will have their + and - points and their good and bad games. I can't be bothered with this fanboy rubbish. I (like millions of others) own both an xbox 360 and Ps3 because both are worth getting and it'll be no different with the new consoles....although I'm not getting the Ps4. I don't use my Ps3 enough to warrant it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I predict I'm probably getting both systems :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I predict I'm probably getting both systems :D

This ^^

Buy your favorate system for most games, buy the other system for exclusives.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSI-uk wrote: »
    This ^^

Buy your favorate system for most games, buy the other system for exclusives.

That's what I do!!! Sony & Nintendo for exclusives ... Microsoft for everything else. :)
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep owning both is a sound strategy, otherwise you'll miss out.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As long as it plays games i ay bothered.

This fanboy crap is getting stupid now.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This generation is the first generation where I have only owned one system and it has also been one of my favourite generations of gaming.

So when it comes to next generation I will see which system appeals the most to me and just buy that one.

As for the fanboy crap, I really couldn't careless what other people buy or which system sells the most, as long as I find the system I choose enjoyable and it sells enough to keep third party developers happy I couldn't care if the system I pick comes in third place.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    As a gamer who give a crap about about skype on a console ? thats what we have laptops and iphones for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I thought piracy killed the PC gaming market? :confused:
    Yeah, devs dislike the high rates, or rather, the ease of piracy for PC.

So they add in heavy DRM. Then PC gamers get up in arms over it. Then they are reluctant to make more games for PC then PC gamers moan.

Kinda funny really.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »
    So they add in heavy DRM. Then PC gamers get up in arms over it.

Mainly because DRM doesn't work, pirates crack it and get to experience the game without it, DRM is pretty much punishing the paying customers, the more heavy the DRM is, the worse off the customers are, they need to take a leaf out of CD Projects books, DRM free and yet they still sell loads.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im embracing all consoles, im buying both in November
  • BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    Well, that's settled then.

Bend the knee, Sony! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As from now, all fanboy ism banned on DS
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    In past gens I've always made sure I've owned all of the consoles available and played the best games from each machine but these days I tend to think I'll be happy with one of the next gen consles and a Wii U.

With Sony turning it's back on custom hardware and filling the PS4 with off-the-shelf PC components means there will now be even less diversity between the rival formats and with the way things are going, less exclusives. I've never really been a huge fan of Sony (in case you didn't know) and it's very unlikely I'll be buying a PS4 if I'm honest since I'm not attached to any of it's exclusives. Nothing from the presentation really impressed me aside from the specifications and what's that without games? Killzone Shadow Fall...no thanks..Driveclub? meh.. Infamous Second Son.. boring.. that Move sculpting game? heh..

So for me it's down to MS to put on a good show, I don't mind if the specs are not quite up to PS3 standards (I'll be surprised if they aren't though), all they need show is Forza Motorsport 5 or PGR 5 and I'm sold so that's obviously what I'm gonna end up buying. If Rare of Lionhead offer up something cool then it will be a great bonus,. All things said though, if MS so screw up bad with no B/C, huge focus on Kinect 2.0 games and social media apps then I'll just buy a Wii U and game on that and my 360 for a few years, I'll be perfectly satisfied tbh.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    I've never really been a huge fan of Sony (in case you didn't know)

You don't say :p At least you admit it now. :D
    Forum Member
    I've always admitted it, just a matter of preference and nothing really against them. If my 360 had Sony written on it instead of MS it wouldn't make any difference to me.
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In past gens I've always made sure I've owned all of the consoles available and played the best games from each machine but these days I tend to think I'll be happy with one of the next gen consles and a Wii U.

With Sony turning it's back on custom hardware and filling the PS4 with off-the-shelf PC components means there will now be even less diversity between the rival formats and with the way things are going, less exclusives. I've never really been a huge fan of Sony (in case you didn't know) and it's very unlikely I'll be buying a PS4 if I'm honest since I'm not attached to any of it's exclusives. Nothing from the presentation really impressed me aside from the specifications and what's that without games? Killzone Shadow Fall...no thanks..Driveclub? meh.. Infamous Second Son.. boring.. that Move sculpting game? heh..

So for me it's down to MS to put on a good show, I don't mind if the specs are not quite up to PS3 standards (I'll be surprised if they aren't though), all they need show is Forza Motorsport 5 or PGR 5 and I'm sold so that's obviously what I'm gonna end up buying. If Rare of Lionhead offer up something cool then it will be a great bonus,. All things said though, if MS so screw up bad with no B/C, huge focus on Kinect 2.0 games and social media apps then I'll just buy a Wii U and game on that and my 360 for a few years, I'll be perfectly satisfied tbh.
    As from now, all fanboy ism banned on DS

That didnt last long. :p
    Forum Member
    That didnt last long. :p

Ha well sorry, if that makes me a fanboy then I guess I am one, but to be fair I don't know a single person who was genuinely excited by any of the games shown at Sony's PS4 conference. Not saying I think they are going to be bad games or that they weren't exciting, but they didn't do anything for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If all you want Microsoft to do is show off software titles you like, why are you bothered that Sony isn't using custom hardware? Why should that matter to you if you're just after decent software.

And actually they are using custom hardware, just not as radical as the PS3. For example the CPU, when available commercially, will only be quad core - the PS4 and 720 will be using an octa-core version. And in terms of the GPU it too is very custom, but based on the underlying technology of off-the-shelf cards. There is no equivalent AMD GPU that you can go purchase. They've kind of cherry-picked bits and pieces from about five different cards and mashed them together and shoved it into an APU which is far an above any out there now, or scheduled in the future.

Being radical with the hardware is what killed the PS3. Devs struggled and in the end no one apart from first party devs bothered to put the effort in to fully utilise it's unique properties.

Even if they went on ebuyer, picked a load of retail parts and put them in a pretty case and said this is the PS4/720 - what would it matter so long as the spec was good?

But you are right, the 720's leaked specs are a bit weaker but similar. So yeah there's not going to be much difference between the two. But then again, when you look at the output of current gen games there isn't much difference now.
    Forum Member
    I don't only want MS to show me sequels to games I like, I want new stuff too but I'm not expecting anything as I don't want to get my hopes up. The rumours are that MS are working on five new IP's due to be revealed, whether that is true remains to be seen but I hope so.

All consoles are using custom hardware including the original Xbox and 360 in exactly the same way as you describe but my point is this is the first time Sony have adopted the "Xbox way of doing things". That said, while both PS4 and "720" will use the same architecture I realise there will still be notable differences in the hardware and each console will have it's own strengths, weaknesses and unique traits so it's not all bad in that respect, but in terms of B/C it is and cloud gaming doesn't appeal to me.

There were a lot of things about Sony's PS4 presentation that reminded me of Xbox, I won't go into them and nor is it a bad thing. I would also like to know more about that kinect-like camera that sits on top of the TV, is it mandatory for all games since it communicates with the controller? I'm sure we'll know more come E3.
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I was excited for infamous, kill zone.
  • WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez....don't people get fed up with this 'my console is/will be better than yours' crap. Both consoles will have their + and - points and their good and bad games. I can't be bothered with this fanboy rubbish. I (like millions of others) own both an xbox 360 and Ps3 because both are worth getting and it'll be no different with the new consoles....although I'm not getting the Ps4. I don't use my Ps3 enough to warrant it.

I'm finding my PS3 is getting much more attention these days. I tend to buy disc based games for the PS3 and only downloads on Xbox.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridgggeeee racerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr