A thread for the neutrals...

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I watched the Everton Chelsea game yesterday and it was a great spectacle. I then watched MOTD and there were three or four other excellent games. I must have been one of the most entertaining days of PL footy.

Glad I deceided to watch it instead of watching movies. I'll be watching MOTD2 tonight but it'll only show the goals and not match highlights of yesterday's games.
  • davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unusual stat I just saw on Sporting Life

Opta stat No.5: Aston Villa are the only team in the Premier League with more points (seven) than shots on target (five).
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Messy goal for Villa, but they all count.

Markovic has started in lively fashion for Liverpool.
  • carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,031
    Forum Member
    Villa should be 2-0 up, great chance for Senderos.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Villa should be 2-0 up, great chance for Senderos.

Absolutely, a free header on the 6 yard box.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ref looked like he was going for a card cus of the dive, then he realised he had been booked
  • DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CFC look really good. Costa, Fabregas, Courtois.

Defence a little leaky but overall a very entertaining team to watch.
  • davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davethecue wrote: »
    Unusual stat I just saw on Sporting Life

Opta stat No.5: Aston Villa are the only team in the Premier League with more points (seven) than shots on target (five).

This is now 6 shots on target for 10 points :o
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,855
    Forum Member
    Southampton have certainly shrugged off the crisis club tag they had in the summer.

Costa on course to break the record for number of goals scored in a Premier league season?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its going to be an interesting game for United today.

They are lucky that they are facing a team at the bottom of the league - and i think they should win comfortably.

I cannot wait to see their defense and midfield play chelsea next month.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    Its going to be an interesting game for United today.

They are lucky that they are facing a team at the bottom of the league - and i think they should win comfortably.

I cannot wait to see their defense and midfield play chelsea next month.

Ahhhh it's quite nice being the underdogs. Overconfidence at it's finest.
  • simonl87simonl87 Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RotMojo wrote: »
    Ahhhh it's quite nice being the underdogs. Overconfidence at it's finest.

Having watched Chelsea play a few times this season I don't blame Chelsea fans for being confident.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simonl87 wrote: »
    Having watched Chelsea play a few times this season I don't blame Chelsea fans for being confident.

Confident, yes. Overconfident, no.

It's almost like some people have only been watching football for a year or two.
  • DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teams still feel they can get something from Man Utd, if Man Utd can string together a few wins in a row the fear will come back. Looking forward to seeing Falcao in action.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoying this 'Brian Clough derby', good game with a great atmosphere. Fancy both of these teams could be playing in the Prem next season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can only beat the team in front of you, but QPR are absolutely awful at the moment.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can only beat the team in front of you, but QPR are absolutely awful at the moment.

Indeed. They are absolutely hopeless.

I expect United to win this one by 4 or 5.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, and I dont know what Neville was talking about. It wasn't a great cross, that was just a shocking mistake by the keeper. He lost the flight of the ball and moved far too late.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, and I dont know what Neville was talking about. It wasn't a great cross, that was just a shocking mistake by the keeper. He lost the flight of the ball and moved far too late.

Its now 2.

More poor defending from QPR but fair play to united, they are putting QPR to the sword.

Comical from Rio Ferdinand, and another defender turning his back to the ball before the shot is taken.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it would be awful having QPR and 'Arry back in the PL this season but watching them get thrashed every week has been quite fun so far. Looking forward to them getting relegated out of the Football League for refusing to pay their FFP fine when they get relegated from the PL at the end of the season. :D
  • TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QPR aren't taking any risks and aren't commiting numbers forward when they do get possession. It's playing to United's strengths. And now it's 2 - not sure what QPR's game plan was as they're not counter-attacking either. A routine victory unless QPR are braver in possession.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    I thought it would be awful having QPR and 'Arry back in the PL this season but watching them get thrashed every week has been quite fun so far. Looking forward to them getting relegated out of the Football League for refusing to pay their FFP fine when they get relegated from the PL at the end of the season. :D

It really will leave QPR in a mess - they will have to pay the 40m fine or be kicked out of the football league!

Its shocking that they are allowed to 'get away; with it in the Prem - they are exploiting a loophole that needs to be closed.

They are sitting back and letting uniteds forwards have a field day. United have a soft underbelly - to win you have to go at them (same for all the top 4 actually).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha ha, QPR are so shit, it's pointless trying to judge United against this shower.
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I was impressed with the speed at which the crowd came up with the 'Are you Gerrard in disguise' chant. Very witty, made me chuckle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    United are making QPR look crap with dominant possession and great passing (Evans aside).
This discussion has been closed.