✭✭
    Bloody brilliant episode.
  • LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who was crying throughout lol?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    ??? Brilliant episodes have to have a Watts in them - not possible otherwise.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,203
    Forum Member
    Filiman wrote: »
    ??? Brilliant episodes have to have a Watts in them - not possible otherwise.

Stop living in the past :D
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was and I don't over praise that often.

It DTC can keep that up I may change my tune on him
  • KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    I've noticed EastEnders sometimes does episodes that have an underlying theme and tonights was undoubtedly about the father/daughter relationship with Mick/Nancy and Ian/Cindy even though she's not actually his daughter.

Mimi Keene was great, such a talented young performer and could be a real asset to EastEnders in the future. The way she talked about Walford feeling like home because of the connection with her mother and seeing all the Beale family photos was lovely, that added a really nice moment to all the drama of the birth. Nancy's speech by the swings was great as well, nice to see a slightly different side to her and I hope she gets some of her own storylines soon.

Denise forgiving Ian was disappointing, I can understand her reasoning with wanting a stable place for Patrick and with Cindy seemingly sticking around she may feel that a family environment would be needed to help her settle in but I don't think she's truly forgiven him and it will all lead to a bigger fallout.
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I found it a bit dull apart from the birth scenes.
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    But did you not see the look on her face at the end? That look said that she was not being sincere. I think she was bluffing and is going along with the theory that revenge is a dish best served cold...
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    But did you not see the look on her face at the end? That look said that she was not being sincere. I think she was bluffing and is going along with the theory that revenge is a dish best served cold...

I think the same. Denise has not forgiven him at all. As soon as Patrick is fit again, she'll be off (after dishing out a little revenge of course)

Similar to the Sharon story, but her aim is money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member

I agree, the look in Denise's eye as she looked at Ian was cold and anything but forgiving :D Exciting.

I too thought Mimi Keene excelled in this episode. I was glad to see that her and Nancy were getting some proper screentime.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My theory is Denise is Lucy's killer
    Forum Member

After what Lucas put her through could she be that callous to Ian?
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's Denise got to moan about? She cheated on Ian too, so rightly should forgive him. They're both as bad as each other though. Well, I suppose Ian's a little worse for going off with a prossie. :D
  • puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont get why she forgave him? If she sticks around just for Patrick and lies and shares his bed what does that make her?

I get someone like Sharon or other characters wanting to get revenge, but Denise is more straight forward.

Did she see what he did for Ian or is it just because of Patrick?
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    What's Denise got to moan about? She cheated on Ian too and wanted to leave him for weeks. They're both as bad as each other. Well, I suppose Ian's a little worse for going off with a prossie. :D

Yes but Denise wasn't likely to pick up an STD from Fatboy, maybe just a computer virus instead
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's Denise got to moan about? She cheated on Ian too. They're both as bad as each other. Well, I suppose Ian's a little worse for going off with a prossie. :D

I thought that too when she said it's never just once always a first. When is your second kiss coming then Denise? Although Ian's is much much worse
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ian and Cindy scenes were great. There's the makings of a really touching relationship there and Mimi Keene really stepped her acting up. I much prefer to watching her to Hetti Bywater whose performances always left me cold.

The Mick/Nancy scenes were OK. It was good to hear her call him out on his Saint routine and the disgusting way he spoke to Rainie but I am suffering from Carter fatigue at the moment. I get what they were going for, with the parallel father/daughter scenes but I could've done with an episode off from Mick.
  • Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's Denise got to moan about? She cheated on Ian too, so rightly should forgive him. They're both as bad as each other though. Well, I suppose Ian's a little worse for going off with a prossie. :D
    I actually forgot about her and Fatboy very good point actually .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Stop living in the past :D

I can't help it - EE is so much better there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Yes but Denise wasn't likely to pick up an STD from Fatboy, maybe just a computer virus instead

Lol, I heard Denise posed naked for Fatboy on Skype, so she ain't much better if you ask me >:( ;-)
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think she's definitely hiding something and that's why she's said she'll forgive him.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After tonight I may revise my decision about Cindy, was rather impressed by Mimi. I also really liked the pictures of Cindy, Lou, Michelle & Mark- a real through back to the Beale Family History.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keller wrote: »
    I've noticed EastEnders sometimes does episodes that have an underlying theme and tonights was undoubtedly about the father/daughter relationship with Mick/Nancy and Ian/Cindy even though she's not actually his daughter.

Mimi Keene was great, such a talented young performer and could be a real asset to EastEnders in the future. The way she talked about Walford feeling like home because of the connection with her mother and seeing all the Beale family photos was lovely, that added a really nice moment to all the drama of the birth. Nancy's speech by the swings was great as well, nice to see a slightly different side to her and I hope she gets some of her own storylines soon.

Denise forgiving Ian was disappointing, I can understand her reasoning with wanting a stable place for Patrick and with Cindy seemingly sticking around she may feel that a family environment would be needed to help her settle in but I don't think she's truly forgiven him and it will all lead to a bigger fallout.

I don't believe Denise forgiving Ian is the end of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boofie wrote: »
    I thought that too when she said it's never just once always a first. When is your second kiss coming then Denise? Although Ian's is much much worse

Exactly, I agree, Boofie. I thought Denise wanted to leave Ian anyway? So why is she forgiving him? She should see this as her Get-Out-Of-Jail Free Card and leg it. There's no better time than now - she has the perfect excuse to dump Ian.
    I actually forgot about her and Fatboy very good point actually .

:) Thanks, Ronell :cool:
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I heard Denise posed naked for Fatboy on Skype, so she ain't much better if you ask me >:( ;-)

:D:D:D:D:D

On the BBC webcam :o