How best to make a complaint ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
Forum Member
I'll try and keep it fairly short and to the point, but a bit of background may help........

Ordered Sky 30/09 after being given a voucher by my brother-in-law for a 'Staff Friends & Family' offer - free kit and first 3 months on Sky World for free

Phoned to order and explained the offer to the operator (who wasn't aware of it's existence), but who spoke to a supervisor and confirmed the terms of the offer were correct and arranged an install of the 11/10

Installed great - not a bad word to say about the guys who did it - all up and running by lunchtime on 11/10

Letter arrives a couple of days later re: billing information - 'your first payment of £42.50 due on 25/10 and thereafter on the 11th of each month'

Fair enough - genuine mistake - I sent a separate voucher off for the offer quoting my order number and obviously the two haven't been matched up yet

And now the fun starts.......in the last few good old days of the Disney number, I got through to CS within a couple of rings but now (like everyone else) I get to sit in a 40+ minute queue

Even after getting through to CS, the lack of progress to resolve what I thought was a fairly simple matter and the excuses I've had is now getting ridiculous

I've been advised on three separate occasions that my problem will be looked into and will be sorted out (guess what....it hasn't) - I've twice been advised that a 'super user' will change the details on my account immediately and they will phone me to confirm (guess what - still waiting) and now again today, I've been advised that I will be copied into an e-mail from a team leader in sales asking for the problem with my account to be rectified (I went back to them as they're the only department you can get through to in reasonable time - surprised ?? :rolleyes: )......and guess what.....no e-mail :mad:

I've even been told by CS that I had to chase my brother-in-law's HR department at Sky as it was their responsibility because they issued the voucher !!!!!

Suffice to say, the first payment of £42.50 has been debited from my account yesterday and I am sure will continue in this vein with no visible resolution :mad:

I've been polite on every occasion and have insisted on a number of occasions that the platitudes I was initially offered were not good enough, and that I would like to speak to a manager or supervisor. Even after having been put through, the same assurances that the problem would be sorted have been forthcoming, but without the necessary action !!

In a nutshell, I'm bored with it now - I fail to see why I should continue to pay 0870 rates to hold for half an hour, only to be told that my problem will be sorted out, knowing full well that I have heard this on a number of occasions before with no result

Any suggestions as to how to get Sky's attention would be greatly received - I've read so many times as to how existing customers feel that they don't get as good a deal as new customers..........believe me, if the service that existing customers get is worse than that offered to a new subscriber (and one introduced by a staff member at that), then I truly feel sorry for you..........and dread my future dealings with Sky !!! :mad:

<sorry for the long rant, but your suggestions are awaited with great anticipation>

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Customer Care
    Sky Digital
    4 Mackintosh Road
    Po Box 99
    Livingston

I think thats the address. Just write to them and ask them to get back to you regarding the matter. better than waiting on the phone.
  • WiddyWiddy Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vans_101 wrote:
    Customer Care
    Sky Digital
    4 Mackintosh Road
    Po Box 99
    Livingston

I think thats the address. Just write to them and ask them to get back to you regarding the matter. better than waiting on the phone.

or a message to ExecCustEnq@bskyb.com should help.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I had a whole heap of trouble from Sky, until I looked on the website, got the name of the CEO and the Finance director, and sent them an email. Quite remarkably, the whole issue was cleared up the next morning. The PA of the finance director was a very powerful lady at the time!!

Moose
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I had a whole heap of trouble from Sky, until I looked on the website, got the name of the CEO and the Finance director, and sent them an email. Quite remarkably, the whole issue was cleared up the next morning. The PA of the finance director was a very powerful lady at the time!!

Moose

sounds good - care to share the e-mail addresses ? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    After advice from Widdy, I used the exec customer complaints email address. Problem sorted PDQ
  • WiddyWiddy Posts: 2,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andyferg wrote:
    After advice from Widdy, I used the exec customer complaints email address. Problem sorted PDQ

glad it worked, I am happy to help ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member

Moose
    Hi, can you please advise that CEO's e-mail address or maybe Mark Maddox's e-mail address (Mark is apparently the Director of Field Operations for Sky.)- Thanks
    Forum Member
    Hi - Did you ever get your issue with SKY resolved ? I have made about 10 phone calls to SKY, all agents are very friendly but all giving me the same old lines. All "doing their best" but I'm still not satisified with my particular issue !! My patience have worn thin now with them ! and I can never get the same agent twice !
  • plusmanplusman Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    I tried using the ExecCustEng@bskyb.com e-mail address and it was returned as "undeliverable - recipient name not recognised" and I've not had any response in days from an e-mail sent to skydigital@bsyb.com.

Can anybody help with a list of the best bskyb email addresses to use for complaints, etc. - especially as trying to get through to them on the phone is impossible.

Thanks.
  • plusmanplusman Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Oops...
    I've just noticed that it is ExecCustEnq not ExecCustEng - no wonder why it was returned. :o

Obviously I need to mind my G's and Q's better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    I think I have found the recipe for dealing with this company who are clearly more inept than evil.

The Sky customer Care address is sufficient I would say

Just ensure you follow these guidelines:

Send your complaint in writing and signed with your address and customer account number on it.

Put the words recorded delivery in bold at the top (You don't have to send it recorded - once it gets into their system they lose track of what came registered).

Make reference to the terms of the contract so that you show that you know your rights.

Give them clear instructions what you want them to do and give them reasonable time to do it (1 month might seem ages to you but to a court of law its just about reasonable).

State that if they fail to understand any of the facts or demands in the letter, that they should address questions immediately in writing to you.

Be polite at all times (The odd bit of sarcasm is OK, but a reference to OFCOM works a lot better)

Importantly finish with a polite reference to future legal steps to recovere monies drawn from your account for services not delivered by Sky Digital
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Emails are currently running about 10 days to be replied to and letters are currently about 2 weeks - so dont expect a reply straight away.

Customer care deal with all communicatons on behalf of the company executives and it will be someone in this department who will deal with your complaint.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    jonnyboyz wrote:
    Hi - Did you ever get your issue with SKY resolved ? I have made about 10 phone calls to SKY, all agents are very friendly but all giving me the same old lines. All "doing their best" but I'm still not satisified with my particular issue !! My patience have worn thin now with them ! and I can never get the same agent twice !

I did get my issue resolved - sent a detailed e-mail to the ExecCustEnq but after several days of no reply (about 4 working days TBH), I took the most direct route I could think of and forwarded the e-mail directly to James Murdoch ;)

Surprisingly enough, two days later I got a call from Customer Care who said they'd been asked by Mr Murdoch's office to resolve my complaint if at all possible :)

In short, as the deal I'd signed up for was no longer available, they put me on an equivalent deal but over 6 months. When I mentioned that my intention was to trade down after 3 months to a lower package (and therefore the value of their new deal would not be equivalent), they offered me a further viewing credit on my account to make up (actually just more than) the difference

About a week after this, I got a reply to the original e-mail, mentioning that they noticed that my complaint now seemed to have been resolved but that if there was anything else they could do etc etc, to let them know

As someone else has already mentioned, it seems to be more a case of either ineptitude or just plain understaffing of the 'customer services' departments as opposed to deliberately trying not to be helpful

Good luck with your complaint :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Yes I agree....on the two occasions I've had serious complaints I've sent e-mails to james.murdoch@bskyb.com and had relatively prompt replies.

On the first occasion the reply was from ExecCustEnq@bskyb.com but my most recent complaint (in the last month) brought a response from AllCustomerCareEscalation@BSkyB.com.
    Forum Member
    Thanks all !!!!! After numnerous attempts, I tried sending an e-mail (short, sweet and to the point as suggested....) to SKY's CEO as suggested... and ... badda-bing. - I get a call FROM a SKY rep. the very next day ! SKY rep. says he's gonna get back to me today. 10 minutes later another SKY rep calls me !!!! he has given me his personal work number and a very acceptable date for when my issue will be resloved. I agree... SKY aren't evil or with the dark side... I think it's just such a large company that not all the departments and agents know their own processes inside and out... Bottom line is that they were able to sort me out.. but unfortunately it took an e-mail to CEO to get things moving. Satisfied customer now (at last.)
    Forum Member
    By the way.. sorry.. forgot to thank all you guys in the forum for the suggestions, information and assistance