Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For

XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What are your thoughts on this song? I absolutely love it.

I love Gwens Love. Angel. Music. Baby era were she just released good song after good song.

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    Love it. I loved her solo career but I like her as part of No Doubt too.

I saw her live on her second solo tour :)
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the song and the video. It hasn't got old.
  • allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think 'WYWF' is definately up there in the best songs of the 00's and a very decent pop song! I love No Doubt, seriously they are one of my favourite bands ever however I also adored Gwen's solo work (not keen on some album tracks) Early Winter, 4 In The Morning and Now That You Got It my personal favourites
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love love love Gwen's solo stuff. 'WYWF' is a brilliant (clever) pop track.

Hollaback girl, Harajuku girls, 4 In the morning and Early Winter are personal favourites.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great song with a great video too
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member
    love it :) can't believe it's been out 8 years!
  • PenrosePenrose Posts: 878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she shows both sides of what modern music is about. With No Doubt she is part of a group which writes and performs their own music whilst solo she is part of the music factory fronting someone else's efforts.
  • XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's great solo and she's great in No Doubt. I too, love both.

My favourite No Doubt track is probably 'Its My Life.' I love WYWF, Cool, Rich Girl, Hollaback Girl and most on that album tbh. And totally agree, WYWF is one of the best songs of the '00's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If that's your favourite ND song then you must be really young! Total Hate and Oi to the world are my favourite covers with Greener Pastures my favourite probably.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Penrose wrote: »
    If that's your favourite ND song then you must be really young! Total Hate and Oi to the world are my favourite covers with Greener Pastures my favourite probably.

I am girl, I'm only 20. I wouldn't say I was a massive fan simply because I've never sat down and listened to all their stuff, but the songs I do know, I love. Gwen is bby girl though. Tic toc n all that.
    Forum Member

I love Total Hate and Trapped In A Box
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent debut as a solo artist who used to be in a band.
    It really felt like she was living out the lyrics and relating to the song, but it also transitioned into a general message of encouragement for listeners.

The video was brilliant as well! :D
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Cool" is perfection. Wywf reminds me of some brilliant drunken parties in my 20s.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved her first solo album. At the time it was so different and refreshing for the pop world. By the time she released her second album, everybody was doing that sort of sound. Although 'Wind it Up' was pretty awesome.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ADORE it...LAMB is one of my favourite albums of the 00s decade...adore Stefani solo and with ND :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's sad that people see her first and foremost as a solo artist, in many respects she sold out what she came from by doing solo stuff.
  • allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this isn't gonna go down well but she was Lady Gaga before Lady Gaga even knew it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's sad that people see her first and foremost as a solo artist, in many respects she sold out what she came from by doing solo stuff.

There's always one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this isn't gonna go down well but she was Lady Gaga before Lady Gaga even knew it!

She was and is better than Lady GaGa.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    I think she shows both sides of what modern music is about. With No Doubt she is part of a group which writes and performs their own music whilst solo she is part of the music factory fronting someone else's efforts.

I think you'll find she had just as much involvement in her solo work as she does with No Doubt. She's an incredible lyricist, particularly with the more introspective ballad stuff she does.

Brilliant album, though. Cool remains one of my favourite songs ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shoot wrote: »
    I think you'll find she had just as much involvement in her solo work as she does with No Doubt. She's an incredible lyricist, particularly with the more introspective ballad stuff she does.

Brilliant album, though. Cool remains one of my favourite songs ever.

Maybe so but nothing like the input she had with the band.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's always one.

Explain?
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually preferred her second solo album
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    I actually preferred her second solo album

I loved her second album when at the time I wasn't really into that sort of music
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a great track, a proper classic.

Stuart Price's remix is in my top 5, reminds me of Janet Jackson's Nasty (Cool Summer mix)