Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 269)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rome81 wrote: »
    *whistles innocently*

What, it's after the watershed :sleep:

you are naughty...needs brain bleech :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack Nasty wrote: »
    Gotcha! - not sure which accent you'd need though:p

Hello!!!!! :D I take it life's good in the gutter? :p

:eek: Gonna have to try that one later!

Really going now :o

/partridge

Hello:D The gutter seems to be thriving thanks:p Bye for now xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,211
    Forum Member
    OK I have got words from one of the angrams, but don't recall it ever being a quote?

overheating fry thy me =
    my hate for everything

??? ??? ???
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my God, I loved that moment so much. Amira just disappears the moment Syed sets eyes on Christian. It's Christian who's being relatively tactful. Syed just couldn't give a shit, lol. 'No, no, no, no, no, we're finished!' *throws coat at her*

I'm smiling just thinking about it.

Classic moment:D
    crazysusan wrote: »
    I adored it..it was Amira, who the f**k is Amira and come here and kiss me......

I swear he would have kicked her if she had not left...:D

I think they might have just carried on regardless:sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chunky wit angel =
    walking chutney

Yep!
    jenn123 wrote: »
    Got the first six...last two I still need to think about!
    It's all ok
    I think you're superman
    Walking chutney
    Let's go home
    Beautiful boy
    Gotcha

:D

You're way too good! :cool:

The last two are from the wedding and last ep if that's any help!

Eta: Not quite Sylae, nearly there though!
  • rome81rome81 Posts: 4,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you are naughty...needs brain bleech :eek:

Aaaah, brainbleach... It's not a true Chryedian night without it :D
  • ClarkeyfangirlClarkeyfangirl Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoetjetoch wrote: »
    It does make sense, because that's how I feel too. I hate TPTB for what they did to Syed (mainly) and Christian... but I love them, and crap happens, the main thing is they made it through, and seeing them make it through was a balm to my heart, and now they live happily together in my head, the past is just that now, the past, they live for today and the future... I don't want to dwell on the crap anymore....

Yep, the hatred is for tptb, and thus it doesn't have to affect the love for Chryed.
    They are stronger for making it through, and yes, let's not dwell on the awfulness now!
    It's my mission in life to make people snort...

BiB: : ( : ( It was SO obvious once there was no-one higher-up who cared.

Aww, no, it make total sense. I still love Chryed (obviously!), ALL of my bitterness is for TPTB.

I also don't regret watching until the end. At the VERY least, I got massive amounts of entertainment from people ranting and it was extremely cathartic ranting myself, lol. And I did enjoy a lot of it. Overall, it was a MESS and I don't think anyone can disagree with that, really. It was so obvious there was no plan for them, but there were still a LOT of great individual episodes. And Johnny and Marc's acting was always sublime. : D

I know, it was really, really obvious that there was no one there to fight and care for them and their story. Basically all (at least SO much) of the really good stuff from 2011 and 2012 is down to, quite literally, 2-3 individual writers and the actors themselves. Literally NO plan at all. How can you run a show like that? Oh, right. You can't. :sleep:

I don't regret it at all either. I've obviously managed to master the ability to say "OK, this is awful, they're thrashing two (three, four and five if you count how they treated Zainab, Mas and Tam - not exactly thrashing them, but not exactly treating them with love and care either :sleep: ) characters and a story that I love with all of my heart, and they're laughing at me whilst doing it" but still not have that taint any of the good stuff.
    Teapot2 wrote: »
    Here are a variety of Chryed quotes in anagram form if anyone's interested! : )

To a skill
    Risky humane eruption
    Chunky wit angel
    Smooth glee
    Buy if out able
    Chat go
    Overheating fry thy me
    Study you read

I know the last one... :sleep:
    lovesy wrote: »
    Please don't:sleep::p:D

You stretched my page, took me a while to work out why I couldn't see the quote button:sleep: Obviously a bit out of practice:p

Aww loved flailing Sy throwing himself at Christian (and then throwing Amira out of the flat:D)

Sorry....
    I've just seriously missed talking to you :o

"No, no, no, no, no...We're finished" Always was a model of tact our Syed

14 smilies? Pffftt....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

well yes...I was trying not to lead us deep into the gutter:sleep:but yes.....there was no stopping Syed:D

Rome...brain bleach was so valuable we must have used tonnes:D
    Forum Member
    OK I have got words from one of the angrams, but don't recall it ever being a quote?

overheating fry thy me =
    my hate for everything

??? ??? ???

Is it
    you are my everything
    Forum Member
    Just got the last one. Was too busy trying to get Syed out of the letters :rolleyes:
    you ready stud
  • kqvkqv Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    RevolCram wrote: »
    ...I actually have no idea what happens in Chryed's storyline from about September 2010 onwards (well, I know rough details like their wedding and the whole Amira/baby thing but other than that I'm in the dark) so I'm looking forward to experiencing some new content for the first time!

I really regret the fact that I stopped following their storyline for some silly reasons but I'm so glad that the thread is still active, even for just a few special days once a year or so

Anyway this was a bit of an essay :rolleyes: Back to Youtube I go!

....You are in for a rollercoaster ride but TOTALLY worth watching - hope you watch through to the end!
    Wow, good luck on discovering the rest of the story... there's a lot coming.... some very good, some very... errr... :sleep: But always our boys :) Enjoy!!
    Remember she won't have seen bed scene, greenery kiss, gay bar week, ABRC week.....shame to miss all that.:D
    Still surprises me how strongly people feel about the "bad times"... oh gosh yes, we've had rubbish, total and utter rubbish, but we also had brilliance, maybe too little and too far between, but it was there. I wouldn't have wanted to miss it for anything.
    Seriously, I've cried, I've cursed, I've thrown things at the tv, my heart ached, sometime it ached so much I thought it would never get better, but ... they got through it in the end. They survived, they had a good ending, they are now happy together. If they can forgive, shouldn't we?
    Things were done that were near unforgivable, I've not forgotten that. Maybe I mellowed, my head canon puts them in a good place now. People in real relationships go through rubbish too, and let's not forget, it's a soap!

I would recommend anyone, seriously, to watch all of it, because it's their story, like it or not, it is.
    I agree with you too, my dear, you must be shocked about that :sleep: (the sleep-smiley, how I've missed thee!). There was a lot of pure and utter crap for them (and subsequently for WFCTGIO) in 2011 and 2012, but just as you say, it is their story and I can't regret watching it. And I can't forget that there were glimpses of brilliance there too that I would not have wanted to miss for anything.
    It is really shocking to find you agreeing with me :p No, in all seriousness, I really wouldn't have wanted not to have seen it. I just love them, bruises and all...

Exactly, I love them in spite of and because of all of their flaws and bruises.
    And because my head and mind works in such a mysterious way I've pretty much been able to direct all my anger and bitterness about the crap stuff (and yes, I've got plenty of both) towards tptb and away from actual Chryed and my own feelings and sentiments about them. I know it doesn't really make sense, but it works for me
    It does make sense, because that's how I feel too. I hate TPTB for what they did to Syed (mainly) and Christian... but I love them, and crap happens, the main thing is they made it through, and seeing them make it through was a balm to my heart, and now they live happily together in my head, the past is just that now, the past, they live for today and the future... I don't want to dwell on the crap anymore....
    Aww, no, it make total sense. I still love Chryed (obviously!), ALL of my bitterness is for TPTB.

I also don't regret watching until the end. At the VERY least, I got massive amounts of entertainment from people ranting and it was extremely cathartic ranting myself, lol. And I did enjoy a lot of it. Overall, it was a MESS and I don't think anyone can disagree with that, really. It was so obvious there was no plan for them, but there were still a LOT of great individual episodes. And Johnny and Marc's acting was always sublime. :D

I am with you and Zoetjetoch on this....I loved the last episode totally and their happiness and joy was so in character for me, they were so Chryed in that moment, yes crap happened, but they got through it and I was left feeling happy and emotional at the end.....I blamed the tptb for the crappy bits, but let in go and moved on as they moved on:)

this......so eloquent...thank you:)

It's so worth it to watch through to the end....it's all explained above...way better than I ever could!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok I have just caught up with Perfect Moment

Perfect
    Perfection

and I managed to ignore the orange bucket and the light switch

Syed in so much turmoil, Christian trying hard to be hard and failing......oh how great and perfect that moment was.....perfect summary of how conflicted Syed was until the moment he finally not only choose Christian, but also importantly choose himself.......

It was such an emotionally charged scene...and also so gentle

why the hell can EE not do this anymore.....is it because the characters don't have the depth to carry it out in the way Chryed could.....

why do people need plot driven stories when they could have emotional impact...
  • DessieDessie Posts: 5,731
    Forum Member
    I'm very glad for those of you who haven't let the crap destroy Chryed for you and can get past it all. Personally though, I haven't enjoyed a single second* of Chryed's time in EE since about September 2011, and my (tongue-in-cheek) advice to anyone would always be not to put themselves through it - I wish someone had been able to see into the future and give me the same advice back then. But it's only advice and it's entirely up to them whether they watch it or not, I'm not stopping anyone from doing so if they want to! Just warning them. :)

*Okay, this is hyperbole - I did enjoy Syed chucking the coat at Amira on Christian's return from Gran Canaria. Would defy anyone not to! Beautiful scene. :D Can't think of another exception though.

Because I am rubbish at these kinds of games and failed to get the correct answer, all I could think of was billy goats, which led my brain to get stuck on a) stealing the post and b) Dead!Billy from the Happy Monday screencaps.

How did it go? The Happy Monday quote we used to recite after? It was something like 'Boyfriend. Life Partner' but I'm missing one...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, the hatred is for tptb, and thus it doesn't have to affect the love for Chryed.
    They are stronger for making it through, and yes, let's not dwell on the awfulness now!

I know, it was really, really obvious that there was no one there to fight and care for them and their story. Basically all (at least SO much) of the really good stuff from 2011 and 2012 is down to, quite literally, 2-3 individual writers and the actors themselves. Literally NO plan at all. How can you run a show like that? Oh, right. You can't. :sleep:

I don't regret it at all either. I've obviously managed to master the ability to say "OK, this is awful, they're thrashing two (three, four and five if you count how they treated Zainab, Mas and Tam - not exactly thrashing them, but not exactly treating them with love and care either :sleep: ) characters and a story that I love with all of my heart, and they're laughing at me whilst doing it" but still not have that taint any of the good stuff.

I know the last one... :sleep:

Sorry....
    I've just seriously missed talking to you :o

"No, no, no, no, no...We're finished" Always was a model of tact our Syed

14 smilies? Pffftt....

You were our smilie queen:D Awww I missed talking to you too:) /emotional:o
    well yes...I was trying not to lead us deep into the gutter:sleep:but yes.....there was no stopping Syed:D

Rome...brain bleach was so valuable we must have used tonnes:D

Where else is there to go in the gutter but deeper?
  • jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Teapot2 wrote: »
    You're way too good! :cool:

The last two are from the wedding and last ep if that's any help!

Eta: Not quite Sylae, nearly there though!

I see Sylae worked them both out :D that was fun! I need to think of something to do for a game now...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    I always championed an outdoor wedding. We never got it but yes I do remember the #anything but the Vic mantra. : p
    AlexinBrum wrote: »
    THAT's why it was important that Reunion was outside in the market.
    AlexinBrum wrote: »
    Laterz potaterz.
    ((((hugs Chryedville again for being so damn marvellous))))
    THANK you for this, Meg
    can't believe I managed to come in 15th if you don't Count prt 10! I'm really not one who remembers the superdetailed details (like the number on Gotcha-t-shirt and stuff like that) and I don't do THAT much rewatching. I think I did pretty well : sleep: : p : cool:
    Wow just started taking meg's quiz again and after getting less than 4 of the first 10 questions right I gave up. The shame!!
    Jack Nasty wrote: »
    Ooh I came fourth in meg's epic quiz!!! Go me : D:D: D:D

:D:D:D
    BIB Those of us lucky enough to meet him once or twice have heard a few of the things that were on the cards for a while. I don't know if I'm allowed to say though. I will say, however, if you can believe it, that we had a couple of lucky escapes
    *remembers DTC going "calm down Chryedians" (: D) when we all squawked in horror at one of the things he said : eek:: eek:*

:D:eek:
    ... I don't want to dwell on the crap anymore....
    One of my more obscure pictionaries.

Helps if you know Lord of the Rings : o

I got one!!!!! :D. Thank you.
    Other Talents
    I think I have a fight on my hands for the mystery auction item!
    Thank you!! I can't believe I came 5th :eek: Also loving the more imaginative names from anonymous people, such as 'tut' : p

That's insane! We are so incredibly lucky as a fandom.
    I think they might have just carried on regardless: sleep:

Lol! :D. Hellooooooooooooo Lovesy :D ((hugs)) xxxxxxx

Thank you for all of these posts!! xxx
  • momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't regret it at all either. I've obviously managed to master the ability to say "OK, this is awful, they're thrashing two (three, four and five if you count how they treated Zainab, Mas and Tam - not exactly thrashing them, but not exactly treating them with love and care either :sleep: ) characters and a story that I love with all of my heart, and they're laughing at me whilst doing it" but still not have that taint any of the good stuff. .

BiB: Pretty much, yeah.

Yeah, EVERY couple under BK was trashed afaik. It just doesn't make you feel any better as a fan of a particular couple.

BiB: Masood/Zainab were totally ruined, way more than Chryed ever were imo. At least Chryed got an exit storyline with a beginning, middle and end. Not a week of fighting over a fountain that was a metaphor for their relationship and a couple of decent episodes towards the end.

And, by the sounds of things, their exit was 10000x better than Jack's. Jesus Christ. He was probably the most popular male character 2007-2010, and was in the show for six years, and he gets a one-episode exit story. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anagram answers:
    To a skill - It's all ok
    Risky humane eruption - I think you're superman
    Chunky wit angel - walking chutney
    Smooth glee - Let's go home
    Buy if out able - Beautiful boy
    Chat go - Gotcha
    Overheating fry thy me - Heart of my everything
    Study you read - You ready stud?
  • kqvkqv Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Hello! My attitude is; if we had to go through it, you have to as well :sleep: No, but really, there are some awful times, but if you don't watch it, then you miss the really really good moments too, and I think they're worth it. :)

THIS! Add to my last multipost...
    I adored it..it was Amira, who the f**k is Amira and come here and kiss me......

I swear he would have kicked her if she had not left..
    .:D

So funny!
    ok I have just caught up with Perfect Moment

Perfect
    Perfection

and I managed to ignore the orange bucket and the light switch

Syed in so much turmoil, Christian trying hard to be hard and failing......oh how great and perfect that moment was.....perfect summary of how conflicted Syed was until the moment he finally not only choose Christian, but also importantly choose himself.......

It was such an emotionally charged scene...and also so gentle

why the hell can EE not do this anymore.....is it because the characters don't have the depth to carry it out in the way Chryed could.....

why do people need plot driven stories when they could have emotional impact...

Susan, the emotional impact can still hit us all these years later, wow!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    meg_icy wrote: »

:D:eek:

I got one!!!!! :D. Thank you.
    Other Talents

Lol! :D. Hellooooooooooooo Lovesy :D ((hugs)) xxxxxxx

Thank you for all of these posts!! xxx

*waves*:D Just seen your quiz, thank you:) Can't believe I made top 10!:eek::o
  • starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry for vanishing, was doing a lightening twitter catch up....before it all disappeared! Multi-tasking....:p

Great posts from Clarkey, MT, Susan and Zoetjetoch, about feelings regarding the storyline, I'm in the warts and all camp with all of you. :D

I've failed to get one single pictionary pic....always was rubbish at it. Thanks for the pics though, funny.

Thanks for the anagrams Teapot, too slow and tired to attempt them. Feel a bit worn out all of a sudden. :p

I'm going to see if I can post some links to the old puzzles we used to do.....give me a moment.
  • cazzieb2705cazzieb2705 Posts: 12,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hiya Lovelies, back after a busy busy day and for the first time in ages had to do a lot of pages catch up, loved all the memories coming back and seeing everyones canon of Chryed bliss!

I just think they are still living a bubble of Chryed bliss :)

My fav time ever on the thread had to be the night of the OCRA's I have never laughed so much in all my life fighting over seats.............in fact fighting over who was being sat on if I remember rightly haha was the best night ever!

Thank You everyone involved in the Interview can't wait to hear it all x

So what game we playing then?
  • ClarkeyfangirlClarkeyfangirl Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've had to delete/change a LOT of smilies today :sleep:

You have? Awww... I've like seriously, seriously missed you. I know what you've been through, though, so it's no wonder that you've had other priorities.
    Hope you're all doing OK! xxxxx

Deep, deep into the gutter :cool:
    BiB: Pretty much, yeah.

Yeah, EVERY couple under BK was trashed afaik. It just doesn't make you feel any better as a fan of a particular couple.

BiB: Masood/Zainab were totally ruined, way more than Chryed ever were imo. At least Chryed got an exit storyline with a beginning, middle and end. Not a week of fighting over a fountain that was a metaphor for their relationship and a couple of decent episodes towards the end.

And, by the sounds of things, their exit was 10000x better than Jack's. Jesus Christ. He was probably the most popular male character 2007-2010, and was in the show for six years, and he gets a one-episode exit story. :o

BiB: I've not really watched "Eastenders" but "Chryed", but I understand most characters and relationships suffered in 2011-12 (as did, you know, storytelling, reason and plain sense :sleep: ). But no, it doesn't really help that much.

I was really, really upset at how they treated Zainabs exit and how they treated Nina (and Nitin by association). Seeing how they treated Marc (and Johnny) though, I'm really ashamed that I was somehow surprised by it...

And OMG about Jack. Is that true? Lucky for me that I didn't fall for Jack and Ronnies story in 2007, then...:cool: :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Much deeper..much much deeper....
  • starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lovely puzzle from Teapot.....love this pic it's so gorgeous!

http://www.allstarpuzzles.com/usr/881/p.html?f=881ddd2f028f2a1bhaha

I absolutely love doing these :D

eta.....oooh TOTP!! :p