Options

Going to the show tommorow, has anyone else been?

airyfariyairyfariy Posts: 593
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm very excited, though a little disapointed, I REALLY WANTED TO SEE JEDWARD!!!

Oh well, i'm sure it will be a good night, specially if Danylk does some dancing so i can laugh at him!

Has anyone else on here been? If so any suggestions on what time i should get there for if doors open at 7.30?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    I went to the final when Leona won, we queued for 5 hours outside the studio because they always give out more tickets than they have actual seats to ensure a full audience, plus there are always a lot of VIP's and friends and family. Me and my friend were the very last peple admitted to the studio and at least 100 people, if not more, had to turn around and go home! Get there very early and be prepared for a long wait.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went last month to rock week. I suggest to start queing up as early as midday, the queue gets very long very quickly. Depending on how many friends/family, VIP's etc attend will dictate how many are let in from the queue. When I went they let about 250 from the queue. Its a small studio and fills up very quickly
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get there at lunch time......doors open before 7:30 btw.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    airyfariy wrote: »
    I'm very excited, though a little disapointed, I REALLY WANTED TO SEE JEDWARD!!!

Oh well, i'm sure it will be a good night, specially if Danylk does some dancing so i can laugh at him!

Has anyone else on here been? If so any suggestions on what time i should get there for if doors open at 7.30?

Many thanks.

A lot of hassle just to sit and laugh at Danyl, Oh maybe he will hear you amongst all the noise of the crowd cheering him. No doubt he will be gutted and you will have completely crushed his future!!!:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    bbxbm wrote: »
    I went last month to rock week. I suggest to start queing up as early as midday, the queue gets very long very quickly. Depending on how many friends/family, VIP's etc attend will dictate how many are let in from the queue. When I went they let about 250 from the queue. Its a small studio and fills up very quickly

Wow - but it looks enormous on the telly!

I have never tried to get tickets but I think it is awful that they do this thing of giving out too many and then turning people away. Why do they do this? It must be bad enough if you live in London but imagine if you had travelled down especially for the day - well the weekend practically speaking 'cos if you came down from the North on the train you would have to stay overnight - and then you didn't get in! I suppose it must happen to some people.
  • Options
    PhoebicaPhoebica Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claret Zip wrote: »

I have never tried to get tickets but I think it is awful that they do this thing of giving out too many and then turning people away. Why do they do this? It must be bad enough if you live in London but imagine if you had travelled down especially for the day - well the weekend practically speaking 'cos if you came down from the North on the train you would have to stay overnight - and then you didn't get in! I suppose it must happen to some people.

Yeah that's what i thought. I'd like to go to the X Factor but i don't love the show enough to want to waste a whole day!

I can understand why they give out too many tickets but by the sounds of it they do still give out more tickets than they need to. Although you'll get the odd few not turning up most people who have tickets will turn up so they'd never have loads of empty seats.

Not everyone goes into internet forums so some people might get tickets and not realise they have to queue early to stand a chance of getting in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    oh great tips.

wish i had a ticket.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Claret Zip wrote: »

From their point of view, they cover themselves to guarantee a full house on live TV and issue more tickets than there are seats available. All TV shows seem to do this. I would say there is no point to start queuing up after 3/4pm as you won't get in if the queue extends to wembley way. They start to let the crowd in at around 6.30 and if you go to the loos, you never know who you might bump into!

Yes it is small and even I wouldn't feel that intimidated singing on that stage as it feels like singing to about 500 people! and no matter where you sit you get a great view and feel like you are on top of the stage. You can't hear the judges comments that well though, even when the crowd are quiet. The bits during the ad breaks are good fun and you can go on stage and sing if you want to!