'Love' songs on Saturday

northgirlnorthgirl Posts: 1,235
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The Voice Facebook account says 3 of the songs on Saturday have love in the title any ideas and what choices would you make?
Some possibles from me:
Max - Gimme Love by Ed Sheeran
David - She will be loved by Maroon 5
Vince - Tainted Love by Soft Cell
Aleks/Max or David - This year's love by David Grey [very like a Script song!]
Aleks - All you need is love [he is a Beatles fan!]

Comments

• lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    It Must Be Love by Madness.

Lovesong by The Cure (or Adele *shudders*)

Love Stinks by J. Geils Band/Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.

Haha, in all likeliness it'll be All You Need Is Love, I Will Always Love You, To Make You Feel My Love, etc... but hey, I can have a fantasy until Sat.
  • Death MagnetDeath Magnet Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    lovecat86 wrote: »

Haha, in all likeliness it'll be All You Need Is Love, I Will Always Love You, To Make You Feel My Love, etc... but hey, I can have a fantasy until Sat.

If it was X Factor maybe, The Voice have been far more unpredictable with song choices. :p
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member

Oh I hate that song. :(
    Forum Member
    Forgot to quote Death Magnet:
    To be fair to them, whatever mistakes they have made they did get Tom Petty's Free Fallin' back in the chart :) Quite low down but the GBP and I don't see eye to eye with music so that was to be expected. Wonder if it's cuz this is the first year in donkeys that he's playing UK shows...
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Is A Losing Game springs to my mind, Amy Winehouse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    getty wrote: »
    Love Is A Losing Game springs to my mind, Amy Winehouse.

Tyler's not on this week...
    Forum Member
    lumiere wrote: »

Like!
    Forum Member

Good news for you, I was picking three songs I knew it definitely wouldn't be ;)
  • gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yuk! I wasn't thinking of him, I was thinking of Becky.
    Forum Member
    getty wrote: »
    Yuk! I wasn't thinking of him, I was thinking of Becky.

I think it was a joke, as in Tyler is Amy's bessie mate.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a pretty vivid dream last night that Aleks topped the vote after singing Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis. Ignoring the fact that, as a 28 year old woman, I probably shouldn't be dreaming about 17 year olds in any way, shape or form, I'm just going to throw this in here as it seems vaguely pertinent.
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    northgirl wrote: »
    The Voice Facebook account says 3 of the songs on Saturday have love in the title any ideas and what choices would you make?
    Some possibles from me:

You might be right about this one because on his Ustream, David stated how much he loved Maroon 5 and Adam Levine and when asked about his song, he also said that he loves it and it's his favourite one so far.
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    I had a pretty vivid dream last night that Aleks topped the vote after singing Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis. Ignoring the fact that, as a 28 year old woman, I probably shouldn't be dreaming about 17 year olds in any way, shape or form, I'm just going to throw this in here as it seems vaguely pertinent.

If this comes off, fancy sharing any dreams about lottery numbers with yours truly? :p
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few more:

It Must Have Been Love (Roxette)
    Fast Love (George Michael)
    All Time Love (Will Young)
    Love Will Set You Free (Engelbert Humperdinck) :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »

I think you could be psychic. That sounds like exactly the sort of thing Aleks could do. And if he sings it while pulling his vulnerable, Puss in Boots face (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KZG5YXszqqw/TguQWGv17MI/AAAAAAAAA00/B3S-4-pa4TY/s1600/Shrek+Puss+in+Boots.jpg) he'll top the votes by about a million percent.

I also just had a dream (/nightmare) of Toni doing a terrifying rendition of 'This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)' by Natalie Cole.
  • JanetDevlinUKJanetDevlinUK Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few more:

It Must Have Been Love (Roxette)
    Fast Love (George Michael)
    All Time Love (Will Young)
    Love Will Set You Free (Engelbert Humperdinck) :D

:eek::eek::D
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    "Love will set you free" PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I would laugh SOOOOOO much!

"Love is the drug"

"All you need is love"

"It must be love love love ta da da da"

"She loves you yeah yeah yeah"

I think these may give my age away.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    northgirl wrote: »
    Some possibles from me:

That would be so good! :D
  • northgirlnorthgirl Posts: 1,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzieStar wrote: »
    You might be right about this one because on his Ustream, David stated how much he loved Maroon 5 and Adam Levine and when asked about his song, he also said that he loves it and it's his favourite one so far.
    I think that would really boost his chances as it is a great song and very 'voter-friendly'.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only version worth hearing is the original :D
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That could be a great choice for David. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this comes off, fancy sharing any dreams about lottery numbers with yours truly? :p

Kind of need the money myself. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you could be psychic. That sounds like exactly the sort of thing Aleks could do. And if he sings it while pulling his vulnerable, Puss in Boots face (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KZG5YXszqqw/TguQWGv17MI/AAAAAAAAA00/B3S-4-pa4TY/s1600/Shrek+Puss+in+Boots.jpg) he'll top the votes by about a million percent.

I also just had a dream (/nightmare) of Toni doing a terrifying rendition of 'This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)' by Natalie Cole.

I have to admit, my dream-self was kind of rooting for him. I quite like the kid, he seems like a sweetheart and certainly one of the most marketable on the show.
  • Faria262Faria262 Posts: 6,952
    Forum Member

I had a very vivid dream that I was a contestant on The Voice and saw Danny in the corridor and told him that I would've liked him to have turned round for me (He must have been absent from the panel as if he hadn't been and hadn't turned around, with my personality I wouldn't have liked him much any more!) then I went off to rehearsals with Tom who was my mentor. We went through a few songs including one called Red Light which I don't think exists, and Tom had to get rid of loads of fans who were disrupting us, before we finally settled on She Will Be Loved! I love Maroon 5 but the falsetto's often difficult for me on that song as I'm a belter. When I got up, I decided to have a go at singing it and actually sounded better than ever before! Cheers for the coaching, Tom! :D

xxxx