My Personal Theory

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
Forum Member
Hi there, here's my simple theory.

I'll use christian names as it's easier.

Paul returns any companions he may have as too dangerous.
Paul fights in time war, gets killed.
Becomes John who becomes battle hardened and learns what Rassillon is up to.
Decides "No More"
Cuts off right hand (or whatever)(David & Sycorax), puts onboard Tardis.
(check out john's right hand in 3D trailer & his leather jacket is missing)
Jacket left onboard Tardis for Chris.
Programs Tardis to go out of time and space with instructions to regen hand (or whatever) into a new "Doctor" when safe.
Tardis is self aware (see Doctors wife - and rose saying "I want my Doctor safe" after joining with Tardis).
Only one snag, the future "Doctors" are not going to be happy about what he was about to do in their memory.
ie future "Doctors" knew what he planned but don't remember pulling the trigger, but saw it using the Tardis.
Also probably not happy that John wanted the "Doctor" to exist after the event and live with it.
Ok John not "Doctor" now, uses "Moment", whatever, D-Mat gun, Hand of Omega etc.
All now locked in bubble universe, (Hide), only nutty dalek caan and Rassillon with Master/white point star diamond manage to make a dent.
Both attempts twarted.
John is time locked also, but obviously in the Doctor's time stream.
Now Matt enters time stream to save Clara, oops now John is revealed.
Matt already stated, once you enter you cannot come back.
Matt also said, she has one advantage, me (but which me ?)
Matt cannot escape time stream without John's help...ie where's the exit ?
So a deal is struck.....John wants a bit of forgiveness, (ie The Doctor needs to forgive himself a little).

Meanwhile the Tardis regens the hand (or whatever),into Chris, no idea what's happened because he hadn't done it yet, learns about it all from the Tardis, sits, sobs, etc and then off he goes to Rose...no pun intended. (oh and with the leather jacket).

Day of The Doctor, running all his lives......well this is the day he finds out exactly what he did.....as I said he tried to shield his future selves from the events by setting up his regen in advance, so they wouldn't have a direct memory, but they know he did it.
Also as someone else posted, when he looked into the untempered schism as a child, he may have seen John doing what he did, and reconised himself, and ran or ran because of the event he saw anyway, not wanting to get caught in the holocaust.

Happy 23rd Nov.

Comments

• James_VickJames_Vick Posts: 632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    god I hope that's not what happens :eek: that would ruin the show for me, that whole hand thing was stupid enough the first time around. I hope Moffat comes up with his own ideas for a change.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling that the John Hurt Doctor started the Time War. Possibly as a part of some plan to rid the universe of the Daleks or something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    The time war began with Tom & Davros getting Time Lord info from him, (this has been stated elsewhere).
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i assume moffat has canibalised the previous scripts mentioned in book "the nth doctor" just like his predecessor did ......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ----- wrote: »
    The time war began with Tom & Davros getting Time Lord info from him, (this has been stated elsewhere).

Yep, it all started because the Time Lords tried too stop the creation of the Daleks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    The moment wasn't what time locked the war, it was time locked to stop the use of time travel as a weapon, the moment is whatever was used to destroy both fighting factions, so there is no "bubble universe"...

I've seen so many people make this mistake... go and re-watch "The End of Time" :P
    Forum Member
    I have no problem with that......but we still don't know how this time lock thingy works yet.

Looks like from another post on here that part of what I said may be true.

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=pqsfaZs8t2BGuIkq8pKbbw%253d%253d&ncdctx=jRIeRfDZyMtA%252fCpVUb3gMnnAPJ6RXNjSlMkIIoj9%2bBMLTGnt5V5Tmrb0fMjNWs7NHc39kayaqxXOL7noa8lfuw%253d%253d

John is time locked also, but obviously in the Doctor's time stream.
    So a deal is struck....

Also on playing back the trailer frame at a time, I saw the key to time at the beginning fully assembled and in bits floating around Matt at the end.......?
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope that 9/10/11 don't turn out to be a secondary Doctor grown from the original Doctor's severed hand. We already have a couple of saddos who harp on about the 2005+ series not being 'real' Doctor Who.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope that 9/10/11 don't turn out to be a secondary Doctor grown from the original Doctor's severed hand. We already have a couple of saddos who harp on about the 2005+ series not being 'real' Doctor Who.

:D agreed :D
    Forum Member
    I'm still wondering why bits of the key to time are floating around matt at the end of the trailer.......must be some reason for doing that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And as long as there isnt a weird hybrid between Human and Timelord which the Doctor would then have to wipe from that persons memory (despite them being now part timelord which you would think that would be a physical thing as well as mental) otherwise it kill them.

Lets pick a companion at random...I dont know...maybe Donna could have been merged with the Doctor somehow and became ...I dont know...the Doctor - Donna ...

No forget it, its all too stupid to consider.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And as long as there isnt a weird hybrid between Human and Timelord which the Doctor would then have to wipe from that persons memory (despite them being now part timelord which you would think that would be a physical thing as well as mental) otherwise it kill them.

Lets pick a companion at random...I dont know...maybe Donna could have been merged with the Doctor somehow and became ...I dont know...the Doctor - Donna ...

No forget it, its all too stupid to consider.

oh come on now we all know where you got that from:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    My original theory was that John needed/wanted "The Doctor" to continue after what he was about to do, and I'm assuming that, 1. The Tardis has to be outside of the lock to carry on.
    2. Some part of John has to also be outside the lock to become Chris.
    3. John is trapped inside the lock and is only revealed when Matt enters his own timestream to where John is, why else is John standing in what looks like a battlefield after its over..........
    4. John must be trapped or he would have left after the event and gone on more adventures, unless he decides to regenerate to become anew and bury in his mind this version of himself.

I think this is why Matt decided on this point in his timestream to get clara as John was about to leave and Matt needs his help to get out.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    hatton93 wrote: »
    The moment wasn't what time locked the war, it was time locked to stop the use of time travel as a weapon, the moment is whatever was used to destroy both fighting factions, so there is no "bubble universe"...

I've seen so many people make this mistake... go and re-watch "The End of Time" :P

It is never stated in The End of Time what the Moment is - for all we know, they're just saying that he has an opportunity, or it could mean that he found a way to stand at the specific point in tangled thread of time before it all kicked off, so he could undo the damage done to the universe by changing events and destroying them first. The war still rages inside the time lock, apparently.
    Forum Member
    I had a rethink, the whole first part of this is going to be full on 3D CGI with John doing whatever, why, well I kept thinking why they put John in at the end of TNOTD, and put up "The Doctor"......

They could have just ended it with clara in Matt's arms......etc

If all people see for the first 15mins is John, Daleks, Gallifrey etc perhaps they figured certain viewers would wonder who is he......like very young viwers asking Mum/Dad, where's the doctor.....

Paul returns any companions he may have as too dangerous.
    Paul fights in time war, gets killed.
    Becomes John who becomes battle hardened and learns what Rassillon is up to.
    Decides "No More"
    Massive time war 3D CGI for say 10-15mins
    John does whatever he does and is standing there surveying the mess
    So a deal is struck.....John wants a bit of forgiveness, (ie The Doctor needs to forgive himself a little).
    John gets Matt and clara out presumably in his tardis, and parks it somewhere, (not sure about Johns tardis here)
    Distress call
    Matt and John go to London 2013, Unit need him to see pictures in National Gallery.
    Matt and John go to 1562 to help David with problem, Zygons, Elizabeth I.
    John sacrifices himself to save the day and becomes Chris, Matt/David forgive him.

Happy 23rd Nov.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John sacrifices himself to save the day and becomes Chris, Matt/David forgive him.

He can't become Chris, not no screen anyway.http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/10/doctor-who-steven-moffat-on-why-christopher-eccleston-said-no-to-50th-anniversary.html
    Forum Member
    Yes I saw that some time ago but if they don't CGI it, they then have 2 major regen scenes missing excluding original series. Also the new younger viewers will still be asking where chris came from, but then they could add a sequence showing John that he once again is the doctor using footage from new HD'd series 1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I saw that some time ago but if they don't CGI it, they then have 2 major regen scenes missing excluding original series. Also the new younger viewers will still be asking where chris came from, but then they could add a sequence showing John that he once again is the doctor using footage from new HD'd series 1.

Aw bless you, you really won't this to be true don't you, well I've got bad news theres more of a chance of me marrying Jenna Coleman
    Forum Member
    Me want........nah, at 59, too old. Just see and agree with some of what others are saying out there. Another whole set of fans growing up and posting/tweeting about bits of storyline missing - plot holes etc.
    It only bugs me a little because with the tech now its correctable to an extent..... ce la vie.
    I'll still enjoy DW till I drop.............
    :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll still enjoy DW till I drop.............
    :D

Amen to that :D
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Yes I saw that some time ago but if they don't CGI it, they then have 2 major regen scenes missing excluding original series.

They're not so much missing, as not seen. They don't really need to be on screen to have happened, and I think most kids know that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're not so much missing, as not seen. They don't really need to be on screen to have happened, and I think most kids know that.

Agreed, kids aren't stupid
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James_Vick wrote: »
    Aw bless you, you really won't this to be true don't you, well I've got bad news theres more of a chance of me marrying Jenna Coleman

sorry just realized how patronizing that sounds
    Forum Member
    I was just watching a walkthrough for the "Eternity Clock" game, Matt states that the Time Lock is an unstable Dalek device........I thought that was weird.
    Another laugh was that one time zone was set in 1561 a year before the 50th TV production, and a statue of Matt was a big feature in it, and river saw it too.
    Also Matt mentioned the Cyber planner, this game was released before NIS.
    Yes, I know its not canon but I had to laugh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I know its not canon but I had to laugh.

Who are you too stay what's canon and what isn't?