Clash of the Titans wouldn't play

I was going to watch Clash of the Titans last night, it's a blu ray rental, and it wouldn't load up. I wiped it a few times, waited for well over 5 minutes to give the player a chance to read the information and still it wouldn't load.

After the Warner Bros' logo all I kept getting was a spinning disc in the centre of the screen. Tried other DVDs and my blu ray Avatar, but they had no problem loading. So I thought the player might needed updating, but it was already up-to-date (my player is linked up using a Sony USB adapter to the net).

Eventually, the film worked after restoring the system back to factory settings. How was this?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    did you switch the machine off at the wall for a minute ?
  • puchicapuchica Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    An odd glitch reported several times over recent months was of discs refusing to load because of a web connection problem.
    De-activating the web connection allowed the disc to load properly.

Not sure if that fault is disc or player specific.

I have a 3 year old Panasonic player thats played everything I've ever loaded including Avatar without needing any kind of update , but virtually every other make I've read about has needed some kind of firmware update at least once to play at least one problem disc .

SO make sure your player has the latest updates.
  • NightSurferNightSurfer Posts: 1,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did you switch the machine off at the wall for a minute ?

No, I didn't think to turn it off at the mains, I just turned the machine off and on using the remote.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    worth a bash as sometimes a power recycle fixes a thousand problems
  • John CurrieJohn Currie Posts: 2,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I didn't think to turn it off at the mains

I would have thought that would have occurred to someone with 800-odd posts.