The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• ESC RossESC Ross Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Eurovision day!

Sorry if I'm slow, but What's all this about woos? :)
  • BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ESC Ross wrote: »
    Happy Eurovision day!

Sorry if I'm slow, but What's all this about woos? :)

Someone was upset yesterday that Molly woo'd more than once in her jury performance and it turned into woogate :D
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paltonz wrote: »
    Random question: Why was last year's juries/televoters split revealed in average ranking? Didn't it used to be the points from juries and televoters split in the past?

The new system see's televoters rank songs from 1-25(26 for non finalists) then the juries do the same and they are added together to make the countries points, so the juries have the power to drag a televote 12 down to a 1 or even zero but it works the otherway too
  • WilkimaniaWilkimania Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just relieved that Woorms don't have feathers ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wilkimania wrote: »
    I'm just relieved that Woorms don't have feathers ;)

oh my lol :D If we are going to spend the time doing bad jokes to while away the time - I think I had better go and get my housework done. Got a friend coming around tonight so I need to get my skates on!
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    phill363 wrote: »
    The new system see's televoters rank songs from 1-25(26 for non finalists) then the juries do the same and they are added together to make the countries points, so the juries have the power to drag a televote 12 down to a 1 or even zero
    And i presume a Jury 12 can be dragged down to zero because of a very low televote.
    Does dynamic voting take into account the Semi Final televote. That would give a good indication of how most of the favourites( except the UK) are performing. Like for Example if Austria got a 12 from Slovenia in the Semi they likely to get high points from Slovenia in the final.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    The new system see's televoters rank songs from 1-25(26 for non finalists) then the juries do the same and they are added together to make the countries points, so the juries have the power to drag a televote 12 down to a 1 or even zero but it works the otherway too

So the juries have lots of work ahead of them in the finals, ranking every single song!!!! Imagine if the juries ranked a song in 25th but the televoting puts that song at 1st, or vice versa!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    da33431 wrote: »
    The jury result is already known to them.

Once armed with this information they introduce an order designed to keep viewers interested.

Of course we don't know what televoters will do but they'd have to really hate the jury picks to overturn a result

I've long since come to terms with a producer-picked performance lineup, but I'm not sure I like this. Perhaps I shouldn't have asked. :(
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My top 26 prediction

01 Netherlands
    02 Denmark
    03 United Kingdom
    04 Austria
    05 Sweden
    06 Greece
    07 Malta
    08 Armenia
    09 Hungary
    10 Ukraine
    11 Azerbaijan
    12 Spain
    13 Norway
    14 Poland
    15 Romania
    16 Switzerland
    17 Montenegro
    18 France
    19 Russia
    20 Finland
    21 Italy
    22 Belarus
    23 San Marino
    24 Iceland
    25 Germany
    26 Slovenia
  • Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I made a quick map of the voting order tonight http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/Sam11235813/Eurovisionvotingordermap.jpg

lighter countries vote earlier, darker countries vote later and light blue countries don't vote

It's only based on the jury results so might not tell us anything though
  • da33431da33431 Posts: 48,749
    Forum Member
    Conchita time!!! Sing along brb :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Rise Like A Phoenix sounds pretty good on the radio. I can imagine Radio 2 playlisting it.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/09/eurovision-fairytale-for-europes-smallest-nations-4722790/

Another lovely article from the Metro. I had no idea Montenegro was so small :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone was upset yesterday that Molly woo'd more than once in her jury performance and it turned into woogate :D

I'm not too woooooooooried about that!!! :D:D:D:D

*sorry everyone! :D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just turned over for the last 10 minutes of 'The Only Way is Eurovision' on Heat and they played Infernal, The Black Eyed Peas and currently Basshunter. Can someone explain to me how they relate because I have no idea.
  • GirlygigglerGirlygiggler Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What time does the rehearsal start today?
  • kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    cant get enough Conchita, song moves me to tears most times i hear it. I cant even think why. Just fantastic.

Apparently Farid from last years Azerbaijan song loves Conchita. He covered the song or something. Can't recall where I saw it,. I twas on one of the euro blogs
    Forum Member
    paltonz wrote: »
    I'm not too woooooooooried about that!!! :D:D:D:D

*sorry everyone! :D:D:D:D

#Woonited Kingdom 2015 :p
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What time does the rehearsal start today?

was 1 yesterday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *shakes head* :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't start spreading these out, then we're going to end wooining the joke.
    Forum Member
    Lisa will be pleased, Borelow just been done in court for tax dodging

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/may/10/take-that-stars-face-the-music-after-tax-avoidance-ruling
  • KozmicBluesKozmicBlues Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, is there anything Eurovision related on the telly this afternoon? Got a friend round tonight so need some tunes playing while I mop the floor.
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,266
    Forum Member
    da33431 wrote: »

My ears were burning! ;-)

Wooooooo!!!!
    Forum Member
    T Minus 8 hours....
This discussion has been closed.