100% ALLEGED Showbiz, Blind Items and Gossip Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    From Blind Gossip:

When you think about Humphrey Bogart, you think about his role as Rick Blaine in Casablanca. When you think about this late actress, you think about her star-making role in one of the most classic films of all time. They are going to be making a biopic about this gorgeous, iconic actress. Everyone wants the part. Everyone.

One famous film actress - who we think would be appropriate for the role wants the part very badly. So when she heard that another actress was being considered for it, she completely flipped out.

"She called [her agent] and was practically screaming about [the other actress]. "She can't have that role! it's mine! Why the hell is anyone even putting her name out there as "considered" ? Who did she have to f**k to get "considered" ? She looks nothing like [the classic actress] ! I'm the one who looks like her!"

On and on it went. Yikes.

Well it's not a film about Cleopatra because there have already been two of them. Not sure I see anyone really fighting over playing Mary Pickford though?? Unless this a really old blind? because i can't see any major actress biopics being planned.
  • damianswifedamianswife Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be Gone With The Wind and the late actress being the beautiful wife of Sir Larry
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    Could be Gone With The Wind and the late actress being the beautiful wife of Sir Larry

Ooh. I could see CZJ going nuts because she wasn't chosen.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes it is. There was something last week about a bio of Scarlet actress and who they have for the role. She looks nothing like Scarlet in any way. Gone Girl, seems to have got the role.
  • SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't there a bipolar connection between Scarlett and the Welsh Darling? I think old Larry had a heck of a time married to her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scarlett did have mental problems, Larry was not saint to live with either.

Welsh would be too old to play her anyway to be honest.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well surely the Blind going on about Bogart would make more sense if it was a co-star of his that was in a Biopic coming up. There happens to be one being made about a Notorious actress.

The Black Swan and the Yank Girl with a dragon tattoo have been linked.
    Forum Member
    Well surely the Blind going on about Bogart would make more sense if it was a co-star of his that was in a Biopic coming up. There happens to be one being made about a Notorious actress.

I don't like either of those choices TBH. Neither of them really look like her either.
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could the biopic be about the lady who played Dorothy? There is one current actress who looks a lot like her.
  • dave2702dave2702 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you're spot on with the biopic, but don't see either of them being my 1st choice. Isn't Girl With Dragon Tattoo same girl in both versions ?
  • SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    dave2702 wrote: »
    I think you're spot on with the biopic, but don't see either of them being my 1st choice. Isn't Girl With Dragon Tattoo same girl in both versions ?

No, different girls. American girl in American movie, Swede girl in Swedish move.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soomacdoo wrote: »
    No, different girls. American girl in American movie, Swede girl in Swedish move.

Although if you are not terribly familiar with either actress and only saw the names printed its not that hard to mix them up.
    Forum Member
    From The Gossip Life:

The stars of this box office disappointment are all shell shocked by what they've recently been told by the studio. "No sequels. No spin-offs. No other appearances. It's over." They all thought that despite the disappointment they'd still be back for at least another appearance as their characters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last Terminator movie
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From The Gossip Life:

The stars of this box office disappointment are all shell shocked by what they've recently been told by the studio. "No sequels. No spin-offs. No other appearances. It's over." They all thought that despite the disappointment they'd still be back for at least another appearance as their characters.

I was going to suggest Billy Elliot and friends but given how badly it did it would hardly be a surprise to them that they wouldn't be coming back.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think it may be the less than fantastic quartet. Those films generally franchise and the sequel was pencilled in.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    From The Gossip Life:
    Think it may be the less than fantastic quartet. Those films generally franchise and the sequel was pencilled in.
    Yeah it has to be. The director disowned it on release. Critics claim it was very miscast too. That's pretty rare!!
    Forum Member
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the cast would hardly be shocked by that though. If anything I reckon it'd be something that did more mediocre rather than flopped.
  • simysimy Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From The Gossip Life:

Turtles
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good one, I think that might be more of a "shock" to the cast than Flop4
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    simy wrote: »
    Turtles
    Good one, I think that might be more of a "shock" to the cast than Flop4
    Sounds plausible but it can't be right. 2014 film was a hit. Sequel not out until next year. There's also the animated TV series which is still popular. Must be the Flop4 or killer robots.
    http://www.vcpost.com/articles/96157/20151002/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2-release-date-official-new-ally.htm

Edit: Hmm.. I wonder now. Box office was good but critically it was panned. Could be that just the movies all end after the 2016 sequel. But the misleading blind implies franchise closure when that's clearly not the case thanks to TV and toys etc...
  • mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But the cast would hardly be shocked by that though. If anything I reckon it'd be something that did more mediocre rather than flopped.

Terminator did do mediocre, it wasnt an enormous flop it just did not do well enough....

Critically it was an enormous flop though!
  • dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Entourage movie?
  • SoomacdooSoomacdoo Posts: 6,645
    Forum Member
    There's been a few rubbish films just lately so could really be any of them. Neither UNCLE and Mad Max deserve another outing so could even be one of them.
This discussion has been closed.