BB UK :Now this is evil...

Makum101Makum101 Posts: 400
Forum Member
Just been on the CBS Big Brother 5 (USA) website and as usual, they've had more action in less than 2 days than we're likely to see whole series.

For example, the first 'Food Task' ended up with one of the housemates finding a key to a chest during the task - the presenter told that housemate to open the chest and inside was $10,000. The housemate then had to make a decision - if she kept the money then the housemates would lose all the food they'd just won and be on a peanut butter and jelly diet for a week. If she declined the $10,000 then the same dilemma would be passed on to another housemate and so on. :eek:

Apparently, she dithered for a bit but then decided to keep the money. Went down like a lead balloon with the others by all accounts. Now, all I can say is, BB UK, don't know if you've caught wind of any of this yet but it seems the Americans have really defined evil. :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    "they've had more action in less than 2 days than we're likely to see whole series."
    A fancy game and you make that statement? Did you not see the first few weeks of our show?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    umm i watch (and prefer) US BB but its been considerably more 'normal' than ours. more happened in our first few days- and depriving a housemate of their luggage is a lot more evil than a week of PB&J.

its hard to compare the two though, they are completley different shows. if they did BB in the UK like they do in the US i would imagine it would flop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh and the 'twists' on US BB this year are awful.

two people in the house are related, although they didn't know each other existed. i can't believe the producers have the nerve to play with people's serious emotions and lives like that.

also for no particular reason one of the housemates is infact two people, they will be swapping places with their twin every so often. this really seems quite pointless.

saying all that, its a better show than ours.
  • Makum101Makum101 Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Brittish desease!

We also still have
    the best telly
    the best Armed Forces
    the best health service
    Tarmac on our roads
    Toilet paper

Open your minds.

Yes it's different but there are many aspects such as the tasks that could be adopted (with more cash to spend) that would lighten the dark corners of our BB that has been in decline since BB2
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see much in the way of comparison between the UK and US BB shows. They're so different the only similarity seems to be the name, and the fact that the contestants live "in house". Not comparing like with like, IMO. I enjoyed watching the last series of US BB, but it seem much more like any other gameshow.
  • FusionLadFusionLad Posts: 1,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makum101 wrote:
    Brittish desease!

I think you'll find the word is 'British'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FusionLad wrote:
    I think you'll find the word is 'British'.

Dyslexia - the British disease! ;)
  • Makum101Makum101 Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Ok Ok,

Pass me some HP Salsa to put on me humble pie

:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Histeria wrote:
    Dyslexia - the British disease! ;)

Brill, guys.

:D

Victor to win!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the other ones seem a bit more lively. Just watch German BB.

Last week three housemates had to climb a huge tower dressed as spiderman, hold on to a rope, and swing over sand and a swimming pool, and jump into a net which was suspended in the air. They were timed, can't remember why though :confused: . This was outside of the house, as was the assult course task.

They've also got the rich side/poor side, but some of them are really labouring the point they've got it. Their BB studio is HUGE in comparison to ours too.

On one of the eviction shows, they showed a guy his best bits, and one of them was him in a floating thing in the middle of the swimming pool, eating a roast chicken.
  • robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    some of the twists are qwuite weird the two people being related and not knowing-its a bit of a sisitive issue that one

as for the twins well someones gooing to click somewhere along the way-then wot happens if they win do they split the money?

i liked the food task thing though shows you how greedy for money people can be
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    untitled wrote:
    depriving a housemate of their luggage is a lot more evil than a week of PB&J.

Well, it would have been, except it was Kitten and she ended up gone anyway. That's a shame, I'd have liked to see how the hm without luggage would have coped all the way through. If Jay had had to do without all his clothes, or Nadia without her makeup, it would have been great to see what kind of tension was caused by the other hms' willingness (or otherwise!) to share.
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lleuadgirl wrote:
    untitled wrote:
    depriving a housemate of their luggage is a lot more evil than a week of PB&J.

. If Jay had had to do without all his clothes.

I'm sure he could have worn a dressing gown for the whole series,it may have been a real hardship for him but I think he would have coped admirably ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mean that it would have been difficult to cope without clothes; more that it would have meant there would have been an interesting power dynamic caused by one hm having to rely on the others to lend them things.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    ejim03 wrote:
    All the other ones seem a bit more lively. Just watch German BB. <snipped> Their BB studio is HUGE in comparison to ours too.

German BB is going on for an entire year! And has guest appearances, for example the young half brother of the German Chancellor will be on for one day
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3640059.stm

I don't think I could bear our BB being on for a whole year. Can you imagine - productivity will go way down!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Colonix wrote:
    German BB is going on for an entire year! And has guest appearances, for example the young half brother of the German Chancellor will be on for one day

I don't think I could bear our BB being on for a whole year. Can you imagine - productivity will go way down!

Wow cool! :)

The prize fund is huge too. I don't think I could bear ours for all that time! I have enough trouble working at the moment.
  • OpaqueOpaque Posts: 5,286
    Forum Member
    lleuadgirl wrote:
    I don't mean that it would have been difficult to cope without clothes; more that it would have meant there would have been an interesting power dynamic caused by one hm having to rely on the others to lend them things.

Would have been more interesting if they had been told not to lend that person any clothes (under penalty of loss of food or something) so that person gets really peed off, and then make them do tasks to earn new clothes. That would have been more fun I think.
  • MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    Colonix wrote:

I hope we never get a year long BB. My house after a few weeks is starting to resemble a house on How Clean Is Your House? and I am half expecting Kim and Aggie to knock the door. :o After a year? *shudders* :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ejim03 wrote:
    Wow cool! :)

The prize fund is huge too. I don't think I could bear ours for all that time! I have enough trouble working at the moment.

I twould have to be for people to take an entire year out to be on the show, unless they are just going to have a load of students taking part on there 'gap year'. If you where on the dole it would be interesting "I wont be signing on for the next 12 months, beacuse I will be taking part in a TV show"

Wasn't the BBC's Castaway on for 12 months?
  • Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I twould have to be for people to take an entire year out to be on the show, unless they are just going to have a load of students taking part on there 'gap year'. If you where on the dole it would be interesting "I wont be signing on for the next 12 months, beacuse I will be taking part in a TV show"

Wasn't the BBC's Castaway on for 12 months?
    the castaways were on Taransay for a year but very few programs were shown - it was not a live streamed program