Chelsea Supporters Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dend wrote: »
    Ufffff frank scoring is a real kick in the teeth, just shows we should never have let him leave! Don't see the harm in keeping him for 6 months till he went to new York!

Part of the deal I suppose, they are owners of both clubs..Man City and New York City.

Fair result on the run of play, but I can't help feeling we threw it away. Still, would have taken 1-1 two hours ago.
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty poor performance and barely deserved a draw. Should of gone for it more when we went 1 up. Happy with a point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jokanovic wrote: »
    Pretty poor performance and barely deserved a draw. Should of gone for it more when we went 1 up. Happy with a point.

Difficult game to analyse really. It was really an old fashioned blood and guts affair for most of the first half. There wasn't much there for the modern purist, but it was exciting stuff. We do know now that we can come through an intimidating battle if necessary, there were doubts that we might have gone a bit soft with all the goals we had been conceding.
    Man City were really up for it, I've rarely seen them play with such intensity. So on balance, I'm quite pleased with the performance and the result. It wasn't the usual type of game that we'll face week in, week out.
  • Society619Society619 Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Chelsea should have won, we played like WE were down 10 men
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very good point for us, they outplayed us even with 10 men and always nice to see Super Frank score. We just didn't click and were slow and disjointed compared to how we've played in other games. The move that led to the goal was the only real sustained passing move we managed. Very fortunate to come out of that with something
  • SazzybluegirlSazzybluegirl Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    was happy enough with the draw after70 mins but when we went 1 nil up thought we would see it out,but wasn't to be.

Said to my son when Frank came on I can see him scoring and then it happened. But fair play to him he didn't celebrate.
    And our fans were wonderful to him at the end.
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About the result I expected if I honest and probably a fair result. Could see a sending off the way the first half went. He forced the ref to make a decision and when on a yellow already it's always a silly mistake.

Glad it came so early in the season and we got the game out of the way, this way it has no say in the title whatsoever.

Have to say how proud I am of the Chelsea fans today. Plenty of noise and also singing Frankie's name, unlike a certain teams fans we don't go around burning our legends shirts
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please no more Drog, we love him but its just embarrassing. How many of us said the Free kick would go miles over the bar?
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    The_don1 wrote: »
    About the result I expected if I honest and probably a fair result. Could see a sending off the way the first half went. He forced the ref to make a decision and when on a yellow already it's always a silly mistake.

Glad it came so early in the season and we got the game out of the way, this way it has no say in the title whatsoever.

Have to say how proud I am of the Chelsea fans today. Plenty of noise and also singing Frankie's name, unlike a certain teams fans we don't go around burning our legends shirts

Yes, those Barcelona fans are idiots!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    You dodged a bullet with that David Luiz - a nothing player.

Does his signing mean Marquinhos misses out starting alongside Thiago Silva now? Disgraceful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lolzies_15 wrote: »
    You dodged a bullet with that David Luiz - a nothing player.

Does his signing mean Marquinhos misses out starting alongside Thiago Silva now? Disgraceful.

Reports I read say Luiz has been doing well, and that he has formed a good partnership with Marquinhos ? With Silva coming back I suppose PSG will have a decision to make, but it's not a bad problem to have.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great comments from terry about cesc in today's media.

We need a good win against villa at the weekend.
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone made a huge mistake in not realising that Frank could sign for MC & play against us, his goal meant our lead over MC is 5, not 8 points. Lets hope its not crucial at the end of the season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Someone made a huge mistake in not realising that Frank could sign for MC & play against us, his goal meant our lead over MC is 5, not 8 points. Lets hope its not crucial at the end of the season.

Wasn't he a free agent ? Nothing we could have done about it. Our undoing was sloppy defending against 10 men.

Win on Saturday, and hope Hull and Spurs can get something from their games against Man City and Arsenal. Then all will be forgotten. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think that the signing and then loaning of a player was not envisaged by anyone.

It does show a huge loophole in FFP rules though. There is nothing whatsoever to stop city owned new york buying Cavani and Rodwell in january for £100million and then immediately loaning them to city.

As to Frank playing against us - you can see how much it pained him. It was good to see the supporters applauding him when after he had just taken three points away from us over our biggest title rivals away.
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What was meant to happen?

He was no longer wanted at Chelsea, He was rightly free to join who ever offered him a contract, Be it Man City,Arsenal,Barca,Spurs etc. He joined a club and to keep match fit his new bosses wanted him to go on loan.

If you own two shops, One is not open until next year would you send a member of staff to work in your other shop or would you let them go and work for another company?

I hope he does himself proud at City and shows what a great player he is.

I have more then enough faith in Jose and our players that we can do the job and not be too worried about a player at a rival for half a season.
  • carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,037
    Forum Member

What were we supposed to do about it? Offer him another contract even though he wasn't wanted just to ensure he didn't end up playing for a rival?

With FFP to consider, just think that without removing Lampard from the wage bill we might not have been in a position to add Fabregas to it.
  • Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I read correctly that Torres scored for Milan already? :o I genuinely hope he can regain some kind of form under a manager who know a striker's woes.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    van Ginkel stretchered off tonight :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xela M wrote: »
    Did I read correctly that Torres scored for Milan already? :o I genuinely hope he can regain some kind of form under a manager who know a striker's woes.

Yes, good luck to him. I wouldn't get too excited though, it was only agaist Empoli. They are a bit of a yo-yo team that came up through the play-offs last season. Two seasons ago they were almost relegated from Serie B. Still, it was a great header.
    Forum Member
    Shame about van Ginkel. Hope it turns out to be not as bad as feared.
    Forum Member
    Tonight's team:
    Cech (c); Azpilicueta, Zouma, Cahill, Filipe Luis; Mikel, Ake; Salah, Oscar, Schurrle; Remy

Subs:
    Schwarzer, Ivanovic, Christensen, Matic, Baker, Hazard, Drogba
    Forum Member
    Good to get a look at Zouma, Ake, and Luis (I didn't see him last week.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the game on tv?
    Forum Member
    It is somewhere. Don't know about over here.

Looking good until the end product so far.