Chelsea Supporters Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    Awful team, awful ref, awful game.

I just could not understand why the ref allowed such blatant holding in the box?

Diego Costa should have got a red.

The ref had a stinker!:p
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Diego Costa should have got a red.

The ref had a stinker!:p

Yep..
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointing, has to go down as 2 points dropped. I can understand it though, in a game like that when you are so superior in every department, the thinking is..be patient and the goals will come. Unfortunately, they didn't, and we seemed to run out of ideas.
    But if that's the worse we play all season, it won't be so bad. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disappointing, has to go down as 2 points dropped. I can understand it though, in a game like that when you are so superior in every department, the thinking is..be patient and the goals will come. Unfortunately, they didn't, and we seemed to run out of ideas.
    But if that's the worse we play all season, it won't be so bad. :(

I'm sure that 11 point cushion will soften the blow.:)

Do you think Southampton can get a result against City on Sunday?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure that 11 point cushion will soften the blow.:)

Do you think Southampton can get a result against City on Sunday?

The 11 point cushion over United you mean. :)
    If Southamton win tomorrow there will only be 4 points in it. A Man City win will close the gap to 6 points. I suppose a draw might be the best result. I'm not ruling out Southamton for the title, stranger things have happened..but not many. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 11 point cushion over United you mean. :)
    If Southamton win tomorrow there will only be 4 points in it. A Man City win will close the gap to 6 points. I suppose a draw might be the best result. I'm not ruling out Southamton for the title, stranger things have happened..but not many. :)

I think we'll see how good Southampton are over the next few games. Their forthcoming games aren't easy by any means. We play them at the weekend.
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't play well at all but if you can't win then don't lose.
    Last season Chelsea lost numerous games like this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jokanovic wrote: »

The difference is that you've finally bought a goal scorer and lost Torres.;-)
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The difference is that you've finally bought a goal scorer and lost Torres.;-)

Indeed Ninn. If we had him last season who knows what a difference it would of made.
  • TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I dont think yesterdays result was so bad for you. All top teams will come up against teams like that.

They will be fighting for there lives come the end of the season imagine playing them with only 2 games to go and they need to win to survive. You now have your game at Sunderland away out of the way. hope I'm making sense here :)
  • SazzybluegirlSazzybluegirl Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Jokanovic wrote: »

Agree with this last year we would have lost this game. A point is better than none.
    Didn't play great but didn't lose.

Sunderland seam to be a bit of a bogey team for us and to give them there due they did defend well it was up to us to break them down and we just didn't do that. Sunderland away out of the way;-)
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frustrating game but credit to Sunderland's defending.

We're still unbeaten with a nice cushion - you can't win 'me all!
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jose blaming our Tuesday Euro stroll for a bad performance was just daft, didnt MC play in Europe last week? & this was Sunderland who conceded 8 a few weeks ago.
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Any idea who will be playing tonight lads ?,
    According to our sites over 20,000 sold for tonight , only £5 , we got some excellent youth coming through in last year players,like Lewis cook and Alex mowatt have come tho , and will be playing in premier league sooner or later , But nobody is under estimating
    The task we face but then again in 1993 our youth team beat a man utd one including the likes of Beckham, scholes, and both Neville's
    Good test but I doubt we will come it if truth be told

http://m.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-boss-blunt-hopeful-youths-can-pull-off-a-shock-1-6982734
  • Tip top 2Tip top 2 Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tottenham at home tonight and then Newcastle away at the weekend. Both not easy, and both could end in draws if Chelsea aren't careful and focused. 3 points are needed in both games.

One possible weakness creeping in is the lack of rotation and it's been said many times before. It's easy to predict what the Chelsea team will be on the whole now and that can make preparation for away sides that much easier. They know exactly how Chelsea will set up and how to nullify the main threats.

Louis Van Gaal is already rotating his team a lot, and it's not just because he's unsure of his best starting XI or due to injuries. Fergie rotated a lot to great effect, and it kept the opposition guessing,

Rotation is not just about keeping players fresh, it's also about taking the opposition by surprise and that could be vital this year. Variety! Different corners, different free kicks, different formations and different players. A bit more variety will be needed to avoid a series of draws imo.
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But Jose has always built his teams on a series of "untouchables".

Yes there is a place of rotation but I think at the moment we have players who need to play week in week out, Hazzard is still not where he should be, If Costa was available he needs to play as we need to test his ham-string still and he still needs to learn about the English game, Cesc is the type of player who needs to feel the love and play week in and week out. Matic is vital to how we play etc etc.
  • carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,045
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fan of rotating for the sake of it, especially where the league is concerned. Play the strongest team whenever possible. Mourinho will know better than any of us if someone particularly needs resting.

Who do we think he'll start with tonight…. Drogba or Remy?
    Forum Member
    Drogba, but should be Remy.
    Forum Member
    Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Drogba

Cech, Zouma, Filipe Luis, Mikel, Schurrle, Salah, Remy

Lloris; Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Bentaleb, Mason; Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela; Kane
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of rotating for the sake of it, especially where the league is concerned. Play the strongest team whenever possible. Mourinho will know better than any of us if someone particularly needs resting.

Who do we think he'll start with tonight…. Drogba or Remy?

I'm with you on that one, I've never been a fan of rotation just for the sake of it. Obviously sometimes it makes sense to rest a player or two, but anyone on top of their game will want to play and should play.
    It didn't do us any harm before when Jose was winning the title, the team more or less picked itself then. Anyway, Mourinho is pretty ruthless, any slight drop in form and he will drop anyone regardless of reputation. That's one of the things I've always admired about him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrific start, 2-0 after 22 minutes, Hazard and Drogba.

Sunderland took the lead against Man City, unfortunately Aguero has equalised.
    Forum Member
    Shaky first few minutes but since taking the lead we've looked comfortable. Looking like a good game for Costa to sit out. Hopefully we can add some more goals in the 2nd half.
  • Tip top 2Tip top 2 Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A very impressive, workmanlike, disciplined and controlled performance from Chelsea. Tottenham were up for the game and were dangerous early on. The skill, fluidity and composure shown by Chelsea however was extremely good.

Very impressed by Drogba's contribution and also by Remy's attitude and goal. Great pace, great team attitude and great strength and skill to take the goal. Thankfully Chelsea didn't miss Costa and that's the way it should be. Man City are far too reliant on Aguero and when he gets injures as he often does, their challenge could crumble away.

Zouma looked very composed and disciplined as well. Certainly not the rookie many thought he might be.

No Matic for Newcastle away at the weekend, and they have been a bogey team over the past few years. Having said that Ramires is ready to come back in, and he's another great, solid player.

It's looking good still. Come on the Chels'!
    Forum Member
    Remy took his goal well. Zouma looked comfortable too. Good win.
  • denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldnt have gone much better after the Sunderland draw, i was actually nervous about this game but comfortable in the end.

Look pretty unstoppable at home at the moment, Newcastle away could be tricky however. Need to keep our momentum up, City look to be picking up steam and if we drop 3 points now they are right back in it.