Options

ITV Preview 1 (Merged)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
Forum Member
✭✭
Placeholder now on mux a, ch35. Limavady transmitter.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Hi there, I've just noticed that as well here from the Black Hill Transmitter, what is it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No idea
  • Options
    Ray CathodeRay Cathode Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see this for myself on Freeview yet but ITV Preview 1 has been running at night on the CITV stream on satellite. I suspect ITV will be taking over the CNN slot which also timeshares with CITV. TUTV Anytime 2 has already closed down and that was on the slot as well. So if it's LCN35 it will be 7pm to 6am on Mux A. I'll confirm when it gets here.

Friday is very unusual for a Freeview launch. Normally it's Tuesdays and Thursdays and occasionally Wednesdays. Maybe this will be going on all weekend? :D:D

I would say on reflection that confirms CNN is dead in the water. 35 is the highest unused LCN so it looks like the LCN27/33 nonsense will continue? :eek: :eek:
  • Options
    mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Showing on Winter Hill too.

Just a thought but I wonder if it's for some sort of an interactive stream for I'm a celebrity which starts on Sunday.
  • Options
    Freeview_ViewerFreeview_Viewer Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    philenglandphilengland Posts: 8,178
    Forum Member
    ITV Preview on 35 in Cardiff from Wenvoe

Also at time of scan a few new Adult section channels appeared, and Smash Hits
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are now 2 new channels on Mux A in London.

LCN35 ITV Preview 1 which is a placeholder BUT ALSO
    LCN308 TOPUP Anytime2 is back complete with TUTV data channel.

I can only assume that the latter is an error and will disappear shortly. If Anytime 2 was getting a different slot on Mux A it would not have been necessary to close it first.

At present there are only 9 streams on Mux A because Teachers TV has not been assimilated into Anytime 3 yet.

Also Guide Plus + has changed. I can't see what is going on but it looks like a caption.

1-2-1 Dating has increased bitrate back to where it was a few days ago.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure ITV Preview is a placeholder for ITV3/ITV4 HD on Sky. They are not actually on the EPG.

I have no idea what ITV Preview is doing on DTT unless they plan a new channel. I highly suspect it's a placeholder for 'ITV1+1' which is due to launch in January 2011.

So is it appearing on Freeview muxes in Scotland?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see this for myself on Freeview yet but ITV Preview 1 has been running at night on the CITV stream on satellite. I suspect ITV will be taking over the CNN slot which also timeshares with CITV. TUTV Anytime 2 has already closed down and that was on the slot as well. So if it's LCN35 it will be 7pm to 6am on Mux A. I'll confirm when it gets here.

Friday is very unusual for a Freeview launch. Normally it's Tuesdays and Thursdays and occasionally Wednesdays. Maybe this will be going on all weekend? :D:D

I would say on reflection that confirms CNN is dead in the water. 35 is the highest unused LCN so it looks like the LCN27/33 nonsense will continue? :eek: :eek:

Perhaps they will do

CITV 6am - 6pm/ITV2+1 6pm - 6am.
    ITV1+1 taking over ITV2+1's slot.
    Most logically ITV3+1 being put on the slot in Scotland to have ITV2+1 and ITV3+1 in the evenings.

As I said elsewhere don't rule out Turner yet. They may have acquired a slot for CNN maybe more channels elsewhere?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After ITV3/4 HD had launched on a different transponder, ITV Preview kept going on CITV's transponder. I think this will be a new ITV service on Freeview and satellite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After ITV3/4 HD had launched on a different transponder, ITV Preview kept going on CITV's transponder. I think this will be a new ITV service on Freeview and satellite.

Before C5 launched 'Five HD' a standard definition channel called 'Channel TBA' launched with Five shows overnight. One or two thought it was a new channel but it was a placeholder. These sorts of placeholders are common for HD channels on Sky.

Clearly it's a placeholder. The only confirmed launches are: ITV3 HD, ITV4 HD, ITV1+1 and a rumoured new ITV pay service. ITV3+1 and ITV4+1 are yet to launch on DTT too.

Either it's holding for ITV1+1 and they have found more capacity to keep ITV2+1 or it's a pay channel going on Top Up TV.

There's no chance of a new ITV FTA channel when they threatened to make there channels pay. ITV launching HD channels meant they basically "saved" the SD ones from axe on DTT and Freesat. It will be ITV1+1 and I highly suspect they will shuffle it so ITV1+1 has a higher slot moving another channel down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV1+1 already has a placeholder on Mux 2 called ITV2 +1. ITV2+1 will be taking over bid tv's slot IMHO, as it's carriage must be up. You are forgetting that the CITV transponder is only half used; an unnecessary luxury these days. The ITV Preview channel could be Pay TV granted, but it is likely to be sharing with CITV. The only problem is Tele-G in Scotland which has to be broadcast between 6 and 7pm and it's on the CITV stream. I think there's going to be more fun and games over the next week as clearly there will be many changes on Mux A. I predict CNN and bid tv to go or migrate elsewhere by Monday

Incidentally CITV and ITV Preview are listed consecutively by service number 15984 & 16032. It could be a co-incidence but I doubt it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,258
    Forum Member
    I noticed that partyland and smash hits are broadcasting on both muxes still..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV1+1 already has a placeholder on Mux 2 called ITV2 +1. ITV2+1 will be taking over bid tv's slot IMHO, as it's carriage must be up. The ITV Preview channel could be Pay TV granted. I think there's going to be more fun and games over the next week as clearly there will be many changes on Mux A.

ITV1+1
    ITV2+1
    ITV3+1 (evenings) then? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pkc wrote: »
    I noticed that partyland and smash hits are broadcast on both muxes still..

But only the Mux A versions have their LCNs removed indicating that they will be deleted at the next rescan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But only the Mux A versions have their LCNs removed indicating that they will be deleted at the next rescan.

they showed as 800/801 and both have mheg screen and audio on the radio channel.. so they are technically still broadcasting (most people wouldn't have done a rescan).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they showed as 800/801 and both have mheg screen and audio on the radio channel.. so they are technically still broadcasting (most people wouldn't have done a rescan).

This used to be the normal way of moving channels to another mux. ie they are both broadcasting for a few days until carriage expires on Monday. The idea is that one retune is done on Monday at 5pm as indicated by the rescan message picked up by newer boxes. Then all changes will be accommodated in one swoop. Although some boxes put the channels without LCN in the 800s, other receivers like my TUTV PVR lose the duplicates altogether.

BTW the Partyland captions are different. Smash Hits is the same except audio bitrate.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV1+1 seems a possiblity, would TUTV have not announced some sort of ITV Preview channel already?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BTW the Partyland captions are different. Smash Hits is the same except audio bitrate.

The point I was getting to is. if they are still on both muxes, then surely there is space for another radio channel at least!.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The point I was getting to is. if they are still on both muxes, then surely there is space for another radio channel at least!.

No it is being cleared for the new capacity they offered last month due to contract expiry on Mux A. It will be a low bit rate channel 800kbps like smileTV2 was for a trial which ended in April 2009.

ie we are seeing channels at the end of their contracts. Those staying on Freeview have been moved and are in the migration phase. On Monday those leaving Freeview will be removed and after then new channels will appear. I just hope there will be something good. Unfortunately the low bit rate stream is likely to be the same as before, ie slappers who are told not to wobble about too much in case their giant silicone implants disappear in a mass of pixelation and blocking. :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it is being cleared for the new capacity they offered last month due to contract expiry on Mux A. It will be a low bit rate channel 800kbps like smileTV2 was for a trial which ended in April 2009.

ie we are seeing channels at the end of their contracts. Those staying on Freeview have been moved and are in the migration phase. On Monday those leaving Freeview will be removed and after then new channels will appear. I just hope there will be something good. Unfortunately the low bit rate stream is likely to be the same as before, ie slappers who are told not to wobble about too much in case their giant silicone implants disappear in a mass of pixelation and blocking. :D:D

The chances are they will seek space elsewhere since ITV are having a clear out.

Would Turner be interested in a 24 hour slot? If no maybe CNN could take some morning hours on Film4?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    ITV1+1 seems a possiblity, would TUTV have not announced some sort of ITV Preview channel already?

They were shouting about Sky Sports for months so yes.

It's possible further down the line however in this occasion I'd go for ITV1+1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV1+1 is regional (6 licences) and so it must go on Mux 2 in the same way as C4 & C4+1 because Mux A is not regional enough (the ITV1 regions go beyond nations). ITV2 +1 will get displaced and probably end up on Mux A but I reckon with a 24/7 slot. Maybe CITV is getting removed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV1+1 is regional (6 licences) and so it must go on Mux 2 in the same way as C4 & C4+1 because Mux A is not regional enough (the ITV1 regions go beyond nations).

It could still swap with ITV2+1 or ITV3+1 and so on. ITV1+1 on Mux 2 and ITV2+1 say on Mux A with this placeholder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could still swap with ITV2+1 or ITV3+1 and so on. ITV1+1 on Mux 2 and ITV2+1 say on Mux A with this placeholder.

Time will tell. Closing bid tv makes much more sense to me and it's had its 6 years. Do you think that bid tv currently pays £10 million per annum? No way it can afford today's rates.