Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    I liked Merle. The episode where Kath won back Merle's trust was brilliant, very good acting from both of them. I shed a tear :o

I nealry shed a tear when Julie left for Barnhurst, Lexi was stood all on her own away from the other women as Julie was saying her goodbyes to them, then she just turned and looked at Lexi, paused, then went over to her and gave her a big hug, awwww, they were really good mates those :o:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something odd happened in that Julies wedding episode as well, Joan told Maxwell she wanted Julies wedding messed up, and for her to make it out that it was Connors and Jenkins who did it, then after they were all carted off to the pound for 24hrs (Connors, Jenkins, Maxwell, Williams), a bit after that, Joan went into Reno's office, and said that she'd found out who caused all the touble, was Maxwell and Williams, so i don't know if they messed up there, or i missed something :confused:
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Why did it take me this long to realise every episode is up on youtube? :eek:

I'm on cloud nine right now. That's the rest of my day taken up, time to finally begin all the way back at the beggining, episode one here I come :D
    Forum Member
    Lizzie in episode 7:

"Where am I?!!! Who am I?!!! WHO ARE YOU?!!!"

Brilliant. She even carries it on to the Frankie scene towards the end :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Lizzie, she made the show for me, she was brilliant :D
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    I'm watching it (for the first time) from the start too. I'm up to episode 40something now. Ailsa from Home and Away has just appeared.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theres quite a few of the Aussie soap stars in it. :)
    Forum Member
    Now up to episode 14.

I'd forgotten how beautiful Marilyn was. Stunning.

In the short time Frankie had on the show, it's quite brilliant how much impact she had, up there with the best.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    I loved Lizzie, she made the show for me, she was brilliant :D

I'm really missing Lizzie. :cry: It's not the same without her and none of the other oldies ever came close.
    JMTD wrote: »
    Now up to episode 14.

I'd forgotten how beautiful Marilyn was. Stunning.

In the short time Frankie had on the show, it's quite brilliant how much impact she had, up there with the best.

Frankie was brilliant and it's a shame she didn't stick around longer. Loved the tension between her and Bea in the early days. It's amazing how Lizzie and Doreen were in the Frankie camp at the start but they later became synonymous with Bea.

Where I'm up to things have been rather gritty with Coleen's family being blown up in Rick Manning's car! :eek: Only a matter of time before she leaves too. I'll miss old Po-Face.
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »
    I'm watching it (for the first time) from the start too. I'm up to episode 40something now. Ailsa from Home and Away has just appeared.

It's quite amazing that a programme which began production in the late 70s is still attracting new viewers. :cool:
  • SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By a nice coincidence the episodes I've been watching over Christmas have been Christmas episodes - the ones where Ros Coulson is recaptured, Doreen sends Lizzie a booze-soaked cake (which is immediately disposed of) and the prisoners put on a Christmas play taking the piss out of the screws who gradually all walk out ruining the play's climax.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ms Katt wrote: »
    I'm really missing Lizzie. :cry: It's not the same without her and none of the other oldies ever came close.

Agreed, its not the same without Lizzie, either Doreen and Bea etc..., they are a miss.
    Frankie was brilliant and it's a shame she didn't stick around longer. Loved the tension between her and Bea in the early days. It's amazing how Lizzie and Doreen were in the Frankie camp at the start but they later became synonymous with Bea.

Also wish Franke had stayed longer, as i said earlier in the thread, couldn't believe she was only in the first 20 episodes, as i really remembered her, so thought she was in longer, was a brilliant character, could have done so much more with her.
    Where I'm up to things have been rather gritty with Coleen's family being blown up in Rick Manning's car! :eek: Only a matter of time before she leaves too. I'll miss old Po-Face.

Yeah its not long before Coleen departs, i didn't really like her at first, but then she grew on me, turned out alright in the end did Coleen. :)
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By a nice coincidence the episodes I've been watching over Christmas have been Christmas episodes - the ones where Ros Coulson is recaptured, Doreen sends Lizzie a booze-soaked cake (which is immediately disposed of) and the prisoners put on a Christmas play taking the piss out of the screws who gradually all walk out ruining the play's climax.

Curiously the only time Christmas is seen to be celebrated in Wentworth from what I remember.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame that Andrew Hinton got killed, i quite liked him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Margo's back in Wentworth and badder than ever after her stint in Barnhurst. However, a bit of a continuity error, I think...she said she had the drug trade at Barnhurst in hand but with Bea Smith there surely that couldn't have been the case what with her militant anti-drugs stance.

Either that or Marie Winter still reigned supreme there (heavying Bea, no doubt :p) and obviously profited from Margo's dealing.

Bobbie and Sonia in Sydney after their transfer from Wentworth was intercepted by Ray Meagher's next incarnation, the crime boss Kurt Renner. Convenient that the Freak was in town due to her dad's medical care taking place there after his stroke. :p

And such quintessentially 80s clothes on Sonia and Bobbie! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember those episodes, when Joan went to Sydney with her father, i knew she was going to bump into them :p
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAZkJ6bR7ZU

Queen Bea and Doreen at The Logies :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone think when Alice (Lurch), was getting plastered with makeup to impress Marty Jackson, she looked like Ronald McDonald :D:D:D
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAZkJ6bR7ZU

Queen Bea and Doreen at The Logies :D

Enjoyed that :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all change in the episodes I'm up to!

Colleen and Rick Manning have gone and there are an influx of new people. Dennis Cruickshank and Heather Rodgers are new officers and new inmates are ultra annoying Marlene "Rabbit" Warren (fourth division Doreen) and troublemaker OAP Dot Farrar who while amusing isn't a patch on old Lizzie. :D

And that daft little boy Shane and his scruffy dog have taken up residence in "Auntie" Joan's! :p

Meg's stepdaughter Tracey changed heads and her diabetic accomplice in robbing Meg was one of the most wooden actors on the show.

But at least Marie Winter's back! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of Colleen, im sure Peter McCormacks wife is the same lass who played Colleens daughter, as she looks very familiar.

Peters the son of Nancy (who was in it before as the herb doctor, and the new halfway house runner), she took the rap for Peter killing her Husband by accident, as he beat her up all the time. :p

I loved those episodes with that kid Shane and his dog, showed a soft, caring side of Joan those ones i thought.

Also, todays episode of Bergerac, had some of the incidental music pieces from Prisoner, soon as i heard it i said, that musics from Prisoner :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lexi's just given birth in her cell :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nooooooo, watched Lexi's last episode last night, thought she might have been in till the end now, shame, really liked her in it :(, and Nancys gone to as well, she got released after coming clean about her husbands accidental death, where she took the rap for her son Peter.

Only got 42 episodes left now :(
    Forum Member
    Had a few days off watching but back now. Now on episode 20, just finished 19.

19 is a classic. The end scenes are fantastic with: (I'll spoiler it for anybody that doesn't want to know. I'm trying to avoid a lot of this thread as I cant remember a lot of the first 100/200 episodes so trying to be surprised by stuff :D)
    The filthy rapist gets run over and she reverses over him about four or five times. For the entire final five minutes I found myself saying "Kill that bas*ard!!!". Awesome episode this one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoying the power struggles between Marie and Myra-two of my favourite characters.

It's been full of action what with the riot which was supposed to oust Mrs Reynolds and now Shane's just been saved from drowning! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew id seen that PC Wendy Glover before (shes came in undercover with Lisa, to get some information out of her), she was in it ages ago as Hannah Simpson.