Daily Mail front page for tomorrow - Vile product of Welfare UK (Mick Philpott)

Comments

• woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is an extreme example of what's wrong with the welfare system. If the system is changed so people like him can not do what they do, then that should benefit everybody.

You mean without child benefit, he wouldn't have had as many children to kill?
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they get boycotted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shouldn't matter whither one supports left or right politics the headlines should be condemned by all as being nasty. Lots of people in the past have had lots of children on benefits but they were not child murderers. Terrible paper and if people had any decency they should also be horrified regardless of their background.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    You mean without child benefit, he wouldn't have had as many children to kill?
    What is really depressing is that being killed was probably the best for the children. No hope, parents who didn't care, a public who would have called them scum and scroungers if they'd lived
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is an extreme example of what's wrong with the welfare system. If the system is changed so people like him can not do what they do, then that should benefit everybody.

In 1978 he was jailed for seven years for attempting to murder his former girlfriend when she tried to end their relationship,

Are you going to blame that on benefits too are you?
  • OLD HIPPY GUYOLD HIPPY GUY Posts: 28,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funnily enough, evil people tend to think that whatever they want is up for grabs and don't consider others who get in their way. It has little to do with whether or not they are on benefits. Child killer Beverly Allitt was a nurse. Does that mean all nurses are capable of her crimes? How about Fred West? He was a builder. Does that mean all builders kidnap and murder women?

Makes we wonder if I should advise ill people to stay away from their GP.... I mean Harold Shipman he killed far more people than that Philpot creature, so does this not PROVE that ALL doctors are serial killers?...
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    Will they stop at nothing to attack the poor.

They are even using the deaths of innocent children now.

This^ :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Being on benefits did not make him murder his children, being an evil person did that. He is a murderer who happened to be on benefits just as Shipman was a muderer who happened to be a doctor.
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    academia wrote: »
    Does anyone really think he'd have sired 17 kids if he wasn't well paid to?
    He's stabbed, allegedly raped, and now slaughtered six children- and we supported him finacially all the way. His sense of entitlement to whatever he can get is well evidenced by the ASDA vouchers story - where did he get that feeling that anything he wants is up for grabs? Why. from living off the rest of us for all these years, no matter how vile he was.
    It would be wrong to infer that all on benefits are like him - but there is a point to be made about the lifestyle the state allowed him.

Absolutely right. Mick Filthpott is the best advert ever for stopping child benefit at two kids. Those poor children were simply cash cows to him, nothing more.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Landis wrote: »
    The guests on the Sky News press preview have just made the astonishing observation that the Daily Mail, by making this "connection" are tapping into the mindset of their readers.
    So it is not just the vile and disgusting attitude of a few journalists that we need to worry about.....

I've come across lots of people from comfortable middle-class backgrounds who work in the media (mostly television) who have a very low opinion of the people who actually watch TV or read tabloids.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely right. Mick Filthpott is the best advert ever for stopping child benefit at two kids. Those poor children were simply cash cows to him, nothing more.

In 1978 he was jailed for seven years for attempting to murder his former girlfriend when she tried to end their relationship do yo blame that on welfare too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    What is really depressing is that being killed was probably the best for the children. No hope, parents who didn't care, a public who would have called them scum and scroungers if they'd lived

Well, apparently not. Strange as it may seem the little ones at the Catholic primary were always well clothed, and seemed okay. It is strange that social services never investigated the weird sleeping arrangements and checked them out. I hope they had some happiness before their tragic death.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In 1978 he was jailed for seven years for attempting to murder his former girlfriend when she tried to end their relationship do yo blame that on welfare too?

The one has nothing to do with the other and I fail to see why you are linking them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    westerby1 wrote: »
    Being on benefits did not make him murder his children, being an evil person did that. He is a murderer who happened to be on benefits just as Shipman was a muderer who happened to be a doctor.

Exactly right.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Benefit claimants are also the main cause of cancer, responsible for AIDS, crucified Jesus and we all know that Adolph Hitler did what he did because he was claiming employment and support allowance.
  • MiddleotroadMiddleotroad Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't think that's what people will think. I think they are smart enough to differentiate. The state should pay for the first two children and no more. That's what's going to happen so we may as well get used to it. This guy should have had to pay the rest himself or be forced to work to pay his costs. When he has no money left for beer or cigarettes, maybe then he would have understood that he has to be more socially responsible.

Six children have died and the Daily Mail nakedly uses their memory to score cheap political points just as welfare reforms are brought in: Britain's wefare system produces scrounging parents. Look at what sort of behaviour it leads to - the killing of children! Mick Philpott and his family situation were clearly so wierd, so atypical, you can't realistically compare them with any other family.
    Someone tell me this is a wind up? I have seen some pretty vile sh!t come from that paper over the years but that is just outrageous even for that filth,

They do seem to sometimes go for baiting those who hate the Mail as much as furthering the Mails agenda. This must be one of those times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/319193925019643904/photo/1 - So yeah if you're on benefits you kill your own kids. :rolleyes:

Sooner Press Regulation comes in the better.

Just looked at it. What bit of this would you prefer us not to know? The man killed his children. The man had a conviction for attempted murder. The man did not work. The man received a great deal of money from the State yet contributed nothing.

I find all that totally offensive and the idea that the press should be muzzled so that we cannot know how public money is being spent is best suited to North Korea.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one has nothing to do with the other and I fail to see why you are linking them.

Well, that's what you're doing, just linking things to suit your own vile agenda and using the deaths of innocent children to do it.

If you had a dislike for moustaches no doubt you'd say it was because of that, it's the same nonsensical logic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    westerby1 wrote: »
    Benefit claimants are also the main cause of cancer, responsible for AIDS, crucified Jesus and we all know that Adolph Hitler did what he did because he was claiming employment and support allowance.

Being ridiculous neither adds to the debate nor expresses any serious concern for how we can try to prevent this sort of tragedy happening again.
  • MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised that so many people are getting stressed over a headline in a newspaper they claim not to read.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, that's what you're doing, just linking things to suit your own vile agenda.

If you had a dislike for moustaches no doubt you'd say it was because of that, it's the same logic.

Oh come on, debate properly, please!

What vile agenda? I have no agenda, vile or otherwise. I am open about not believing that child benefit should be paid beyond two children, a belief shared by a great many people. Disagree, please, lets debate. Not name call. Gets nobody anywhere.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those poor kids. What a life for them. I don't know if they were the ones who were killed on the fron page, were they?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Majlis wrote: »
    I'm surprised that so many people are getting stressed over a headline in a newspaper they claim not to read.

Well, people can see it online. But I don't see the problem with the headline at all. What happened is a matter of record, not a judgement call
  • tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    I just don't think that's what people will think. I think they are smart enough to differentiate. The state should pay for the first two children and no more. That's what's going to happen so we may as well get used to it. This guy should have had to pay the rest himself or be forced to work to pay his costs. When he has no money left for beer or cigarettes, maybe then he would have understood that he has to be more socially responsible.

No people like him would have just robbed a bank, or something like that,