Little Mix - Salute (2nd Album)

13»

Comments

• jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    absolutely nothing like destiny's child to me, i only got the album because people were raving that it harks back to destinys child.
    not at all.

im disapointed to be honest, but i will reserve more judgement till i have given the album a few spins.

but after first listen, im bored.

You need to re-arrange the track list and put all the ballads at the end. :D
  • catherine91catherine91 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know which song is the wings part two they mentioned before the albums release?
    It could be A Different Beat, which also reminds me of Stereo Soldier.

I received this album last Saturday and I think it's good overall, but 3 of the 4 ballads sound quite similar to one another, and some of the tracks are too R&B-sounding ('Boy' in particular); R&B isn't my kind of music. I really like the 3 bonus tracks.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    I quite like the title track and "Move" and I'm not really a LM fan. I was listening to the album earlier. Only got half-way through before my laptop cut out.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girls on Twitter have said Little Me is single 2!

Great choice :)
  • WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little Me....urgh. Terrible choice. It doesn't scream second single at all. It would of been great as a later single - 4 or 5 even. Ach well! I'm sure it will do well enough.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Me is a bad choice for 2nd single, they need to keep the momentum going, I would have picked Salute which could have had an amazing video or something fun like Competition.
  • ImperfectPearlsImperfectPearls Posts: 1,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Little Me. I think it could be a good choice for the second single. :)
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's the safest choice, I like it, but definitely not my favourite on the album. I guess I'm pretty happy as it reminds me of Change Your Life but is much stronger, so I sort of hope it takes the place of CYL in their setlist. I think whether I think this is a good or bad choice will fall on the video, the melody is really good, but lyrically a little teeny, so I hope the video is grown up but not boring.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    I much prefer Salute to Little Me but as another poster has said it's the safer choice. I'd like to see a video for Salute at some point
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody else feel this group wouldn't be half as big if they didn't have that connection to One Directions fanbase through the one who is dating the dark haired one from One Direction?
  • P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know whether I will buy the full album but I really like Move and will listen to a few more songs. :)
    The only single I took to on the first album was Wings.

Where did Move chart btw? :)
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Luner13 wrote: »
    Anybody else feel this group wouldn't be half as big if they didn't have that connection to One Directions fanbase through the one who is dating the dark haired one from One Direction?
    Not really they have a loyal fanbase and they make good music although the Zayn connection might help a bit but not as I think people think .
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    P_P wrote: »
    I don't know whether I will buy the full album but I really like Move and will listen to a few more songs. :)
    The only single I took to on the first album was Wings.

Where did Move chart btw? :)

Number 3
  • P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Number 3

Ah thank you :)

Had that song stuck in my head all day today!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Just listened to the album & I like a few songs (Boy, Salute, Stand Down, Towers, Little Me) but nothing on the album tops Red Planet IMO.