Options

Reality Check series 11: Week 5

TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,344
Forum Member
✭✭
Welcome everyone to the 5th live show of Reality Check! Last time, we saw Charlie & Aliona eliminated after all of Queenie's couples were up for elimination.

This week, the couples were divided into groups of 3, and would have an advantage going into the vote depending on how well their group did. They also had to have a story progression for one of their routines.

As Danny was the only mentor to send me anything, his couples will be immune for this week and all of Queenie's and Jess' couples will be in the public vote. I still asked the judges to mark what Danny had sent me so he'd know how well he did, and so this is posted below :)

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FAITH & BRENDAN

Waltz - "Taikatalvi (Instrumental)" by Nightwish

Ross - 6
    Amy - 7
    Andrew - 8
    Jamie - 9

Making a total of 30/40.

Comment: Amy - Whilst I thought the song choice was beautiful, for me, I think it might be more suitable for a Viennese Waltz. That’s what I was imagining as I listened, rather than a Waltz; therefore I couldn’t really give you a top score.
    Rumba - "I See Fire" by Ed Sheeran

Story progression: The story of this dance is of a couple who are seeing each other again for the first time after a long time apart. It begins with the the couple coming together in the mist (dry ice) during acapella section of the dance. They initially examine each other, as if they haven't seen each other in a long time, and are stunned by the other's reappearance. As the music begins, they go into the dance. The fire that is described in the song will be used metaphorically to describe the passion of the couple, with the flame growing behind them on the screen, and the lighting intensifying as their love grows. The two of them start dancing closer and closer to each other, with their steps becoming a lot tighter and sharper to keep them in close proximity to one another, before eventually, the dance reaches its conclusion and it ends with a passionate kiss.

Ross - 7
    Amy - 7
    Andrew - 9
    Jamie - 7

Making a total of 30/40, and a final total of 60/80.

Comment: Jamie - I loved the song choice - it had the perfect vibe for the Rumba and made the routine feel sensual yet family-friendly, if you get what I mean. :p The storyline was quite typical for a Rumba, but still worked very, very well and made for an extremely good performance on the whole.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JOAN & VINCENT

Tango - "Tango Tanssimaan" by King Chronic

Story progression: This Tango will be set in a more club scene, but with the couple taking on a more traditional appearance in the middle of the more modern scene. Both costumes will be covered in dust and fake cobwebs, as if the couple had been frozen in a moment, and then reawakened. Around the couple will be various backing dancers in the middle of a club rave, and modern features, such as a vodka bar and various modern party trinkets. In the centre of this scene will be the couple, who brush off the dust from the costumes, and go into Tango hold. Throughout the routine, the react sharply and aggressively when their movement around the floor brings them into contact with other dancers, who seem to initially view them disdainfully and questioning what they're doing. However, after a series of quick pivots and sharp Tango dips, the backing dancers begin to support the couple, and cheer them on. By the end of the routine, all the backing dancers join the couple in Tango hold, and they match the movement that the couple are doing. As this happens, the modern scenery and atmosphere transforms from a suave vodka bar into an Argentinian cafe, with old wooden tables and chairs, as if the couple have arrived back in their correct era.

Ross - 8
    Amy - 7
    Andrew - 7
    Jamie - 8

Making a total of 30/40.

Comment: Jamie - While I did think the song choice would be better suited to an Argentine Tango, there's no denying how well it worked for a normal Tango. The storyline was very creative, and, despite being a little chaotic in general, worked brilliantly with the song and the mood you created with that, so well done.
    Samba - "Wings of a Dove" by Madness

Ross - 6
    Amy - 5
    Andrew - 6
    Jamie - 5

Making a total of 22/40, and a final total of 52/80.

Comment: Amy - I can see where you were going with the song choice, but I’m afraid that it didn’t work for me. It was a bit too quick and so the dance looked a little frantic and that meant the performance suffered.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JACK & NATALIE

American Smooth - "Corner of the Sky" from Pippin

Ross - 4
    Amy - 6
    Andrew - 7
    Jamie - 6

Making a total of 23/40.

Comment: Ross - This crossed the border of cheese long ago. Not one of your finest sadly as it was the one I was looking forward to the most from you.
    Cha Cha Cha - "Come Alive" by Chromeo

Story progression: The couple begin the dance as mannequins on plinths, dressed to the nines in party attire. During the first verse of the song, they slowly come to life, dancing solo as they "come alive". By the time of the chorus, the couple are on the floor, impressed by the others moves, and they come together to cha cha.

As the dance progresses, the couple become more romantically interested in one another, and their moves became more raunchy and designed to both impress and interact with one another. At the end of the dance, rather than return to their separate plinths, they go to one large plinth at the opposite end of the dance floor, and strike a finishing pose on that one, together.

Ross - 7
    Amy - 7
    Andrew - 8
    Jamie - 7

Making a total of 29/40, and a final total of 52/80.

Comment: Andrew - The song choice was a fantastic modern one, and I liked the choreography. Well done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the 6 couples in the public vote tonight are:

Alicia & James
    David & Camilla
    Halle & Aljaz
    Winona & Kevin
    Nicolas & Anya
    Chuck & Karen

THE VOTE IS NOW OPEN, ANYONE CAN VOTE

To vote, please rank the couples from 6-1 in order of preference (6 for your favourite etc), and PM those rankings to me by 8pm tonight
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, Joan wouldn't have been Samba queen if this was real anyway! ;) Otherwise very happy with that, even if I didn't have much/any competition this week! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I have not received any votes so far, I will extend the deadline to 9pm tomorrow . I want at least 3 votes, otherwise, the 2 couples who have fared the worst in previous public votes (done by an average vote count) will be deemed to be the bottom 2, and the dance-off would continue as normal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I have not received any votes so far, I will extend the deadline to 9pm tomorrow . I want at least 3 votes, otherwise, the 2 couples who have fared the worst in previous public votes (done by an average vote count) will be deemed to be the bottom 2, and the dance-off would continue as normal.

BIB: I've just done the calculations - believe me, my brain is frazzled! But I have got the percentages sorted, and there's only 0.03% between the couples who have done second-worst and third-worst in the votes. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all :)

As I only got 2 votes, the bottom 2 will be deemed to be the 2 couples who have done the worst in the votes for the last 4 weeks.

I will be PMing my fellow judges with the result, and we will decide who will be eliminated. However, there will also be another elimination.

Queenie and/or Jess will have to choose from their own couples who to put up for another head-to-head elimination.

If Queenie loses a couple in the initial elimination, then Jess will have to choose 2 of her own couples for a head-to-head elimination. If Jess loses a couple, then they will both have to choose 1 couple each.

So girls, you need to select who you believe to be your WORST couples :p

The initial results will be on here tomorrow night, with the second elimination to follow on Saturday :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies for not putting the results up, but I only got PMed by one of my fellow judges. The others will have until 8pm tonight to send me their decisions, otherwise their votes will be voided and majority vote will rule.

The amount of delays that this series has had for one reason or another, I'm starting to think that I might have to put this on hiatus and restart the series at a later date.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the 2 couples who have performed the worst over the previous 4 weeks of voting were:

WINONA & KEVIN

and

ALICIA & JAMES
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ross failed to PM me his vote, so it's a majority vote from myself, Jamie and Andrew. We all voted for who we wished to SAVE.

Andrew voted to save................................

ALICIA & JAMES
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So that's 1 vote for Alicia & James, if Jamie chooses to save them as well, then they are safe and Winona & Kevin will be eliminated. If Jamie saves Winona, then it will be down to me as to who is eliminated.

Jamie chose to save.....................

WINONA & KEVIN
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's 1 vote each, and therefore it's down to me.

I chose to save...........................

WINONA & KEVIN
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So that means that Alicia & James have sadly been eliminated, and Queenie is down to her last couple.

But that's not the last of it - Jess now has to choose 2 of her own couples to put up for a head-to-head elimination. I will PM her shortly, and hopefully I'll be able to announce the second elimination in the next few days :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies for this second elimination taking nearly a week to sort out, more delays again I'm afraid.

Jess didn't PM me, so I chose the 2 of her couples that had the lowest overall scores to be selected for elimination.

Us judges had the choice of either Halle & Aljaz, or Chuck & Karen, and we had to vote for who to save.

By 3 votes to 0, the couple going through to week 6 is....................

HALLE & ALJAZ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reality Check series 11 Finishing Order:

1st -
    2nd -
    3rd -
    4th -
    5th -
    6th -
    7th -
    8th - Chuck Lorre & Karen Hauer [mentor: Jess] {eliminated in Judges' Vote}
    9th - Alicia Keys & James Jordan [mentor: Queenie] {eliminated in Judges' Vote]
    10th - Charlie Sheen & Aliona Vilani [mentor: Queenie] {eliminated in Judges' Vote]
    11th - Barry Manilow & Iveta Lukoshiute [mentor: Mitch] {withdrawal of mentor}
    12th - Andie McDowall & Matthew Cutler [mentor: Queenie] {eliminated in Judges' Vote}
    13th - Bruce Willis & Katya Virshilas [mentor: Mitch] {eliminated after deadlock}
    14th - Jodie Foster & Robin Windsor [mentor: Mitch] {automatic elimination}
    15th - Jamie Foxx & Ola Jordan [mentor: Danny] {automatic elimination}
    16th - Billie Piper & Pasha Kovalev [mentor: Mitch] {automatic elimination}
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The week 6 details shall be sent to you all in a PM later today. I'm hoping that there aren't any more delays *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    What's happening with the rest of the series? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    What's happening with the rest of the series? :o

I have an unfortunate announcement to make on that.

After having thought about it a lot, I think it's best to declare this series 'on hiatus'. There's been so many delays already, and nothing has been sent in for week 6 at all.

I allow for a lot of time to have PMs sent to me, whether it's the song choices and extras from the mentors, or the scores and comments from the judges. I understand that everyone has personal lives. But when practically every week, I get asked for extensions, it starts to become a joke. Normally this game only takes 4-5 weeks to complete, but we're coming up to 8 weeks now and we've only done 5 shows.

So considering that, I don't think I have much choice to make this be on hiatus. I'll leave it for about a month or two and then try and finish it. I've never had to do this before, but hopefully later in the year we can finish it off.

My apologies go to the mentors and the judges, I'm sorry that I've had to do this, but like I said, I really don't think I have much choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And a further announcement:

I've been in touch with the mentors and judges to see if we can get this show back on track, and although I've had some replies, there's a few people who haven't got back to me, and it's been about 2 weeks since I sent the PMs.

Therefore, what I'm going to do is scrap this series, and relaunch it in January with the same cast, and the same twists and themes as this one. So if you want to be part of that (either as a mentor or a judge) then PM me and let me know :)

Insteaaaaad, I'll be running series 6 of The Strictly Re-runs. Now THIS I don't think will be delayed :p and I know there will be enough time to run it, I think. So I'll be putting the thread for that up tomorrow, but again, if you want to take part then do PM me :D

*~*Reality Check will be back in January, after series 11 finishes (and is started again lol) then there will only be 4 more series, before I call an end to a game that has run for nearly 3 years now.*~*
  • Options
    ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    Ooh. Re-Runs series 6. A nice chance for me to destroy Tom :D