Ford Focus help please - reverse gear help!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,067
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As per my previous post, I am having car problems! My focus had a broken reverse gear pin in the gearbox as it would not get in reverse. Also put a new clutch in as was told thats a good idea to do that when gearbox out. However still having a problem with reverse. With car on or off (occassionally) it will not get into reverse. It makes a crunching noise and is not going all the way into reverse. It is only going half way. Any ideas what else it could be please? Paid out so much already, thought it may have been the clutch so we bled that again. However we realise that it wont always get in reverse with the car off, so cant be the clutch.

Comments

• fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could it be the selector forks out of alignment as a result of the work to date?
  • NWScotsNWScots Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine does that sometimes too. I find taking putting the car into neutral, releasing the clutch all the way and then putting it into reverse again works. Used to have to do that with my old Vauxhall too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NWScots wrote: »
    Mine does that sometimes too. I find taking putting the car into neutral, releasing the clutch all the way and then putting it into reverse again works. Used to have to do that with my old Vauxhall too.

Yep, me too.
  • tellytart1tellytart1 Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My MR2 does that too. Putting it into neutral, lift the clutch, then back down, and it goes into reverse easily then.
  • KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NWScots wrote: »

Gonna agree with this, I have to do it in my Mini sometimes