Is Lost the Best Show on TV at the minute?

Comments

• Resident EvilResident Evil Posts: 639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skeptic the question was "Is Lost the Best Show on TV at the minute?" they don't need to justify their answer or give a reasoned argument. They don't even need to of watched the show it is their opinion not yours.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it comes close to being the best show on TV.

At Season One, it might have been.

At Season Two, it'd be less likely but almost there.

From that point onwards, IMO, no chance.
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    no its not.
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    No it's second to BSG for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    BSG for me too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole episode jumped the shark. It was bleeding stupid, this episode was stupid, whether that's explained away to an adequate degree or not, in the next episode, it doesnt alter the fact that it was daft. Fact is we were meant to interpret it
    as phsically move it
    Im not interested in theories about what this could mean intrepted another way, it will be what it will be. But this episode was mostly a joke. Lost is good this episode was weak.

Well no,
    I'm sure most people interpreted it as moving it through time and space,
    since that has been the theme of the season.
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    Mates? wrote: »
    Well no,
    I'm sure most people interpreted it as moving it through time and space,
    since that has been the theme of the season.

That still applys to what I said, and the whole time travel thing is not a favourite of mine anyway.

Skeptic, lets just agree to disagree I didnt like the way you worded it, like I said I found it patronising. I have seen every episode if you were implying I hadnt, im not sure if you were or not.
  • daveofthepeakdaveofthepeak Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    It's certainly the best foreign show on TV.
    The 'best accolade obviously goes to DOCTOR WHO.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A good episode of Lost is magnificent. There are a lot of these :)
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member
    I watched Lost but now its just getting silly IMO plus it waffles on too long with a story that could be told in ten mins instead of taking a full episode

It has never been fast paced but it has now gone to a crawl

I hve now gotten to the point of recording it and fast forwarding through the boring bits

its far from being the best show on TV at the moment
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched Lost but now its just getting silly IMO plus it waffles on too long with a story that could be told in ten mins instead of taking a full episode

Bizarre thing to say.

The pacing is 1000000% faster than in previous seasons.
  • leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching Lost is the quickest hour of the week for me,stunning stuff at the moment.
  • nate1970nate1970 Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's a very, er, niche opinion... :confused:
    its far from being the best show on TV at the moment

Obviously, not everyone's going to agree on this. The only other contenders for me are House (which is consistently very funny) or BSG - but most of the episodes so far this season have been clunky and dull.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nate1970 wrote: »
    ...or BSG - but most of the episodes so far this season have been clunky and dull.
    Two out of six have been - but this week's is back to form in a big way. It's still the most consistantly high quality show currenly on air for my money.
  • nate1970nate1970 Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Histeria wrote: »
    Two out of six have been - but this week's is back to form in a big way. It's still the most consistantly high quality show currenly on air for my money.

We'll have to agree to slightly disagree - I thought this week's would've made just an average S1/2 episode, and so yeah, is a country mile better than the **** we've had so far this season (exempting the opener, which was ok).

Post-New Caprica, the tone of BSG changed, and I enjoy it a tenth as much as I used to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nate1970 wrote: »
    Post-New Caprica, the tone of BSG changed, and I enjoy it a tenth as much as I used to.
    It has. I really like the shift, but I can understand that there are those (like you) who don't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    The first few series were simply too long-winded and those zillions of concurrent story arcs just did my head in.

So glad they chopped it down to 16 episodes per season, it's now defo no.1 in my book!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    It's hand down, no contest, the best show on TV right now. But only for those who have followed the show from Series 1 episode 1 and stuck with it.

I think it appeals to a specific group though, it's not mass viewing. You have to be a fan of mystery, intrigue, sci-fi, kind of out-there type programmes to be a true fan.

The nearest comparison I can think of is Twin Peaks.

I have to say though, the characters in Lost are fantastic.
  • DoctorbDoctorb Posts: 3,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hana's Helpline is much better, by far.

Baa Moo Double Quack Double Quack.....
  • toastiestoasties Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Lost is a great show, but bsg is way ahead of everything else on the box
  • rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    Dirt is by far better than Lost.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOST
    is
    easily
    the GREATEST TV PROGRAMME EVER!
  • smreesmree Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep it is
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After the season four finale, "at the minute" becomes "ever" for me too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    I agree that to truly love Lost, you have to be the sort of person that loves trying to analyze the crap out of everything because with this show, you certainly get your money's worth. I also think that you really need to have watched it evolve from S1 to truly appreciate it.

I haven't watched a single series and not enjoyed it. I have enjoyed them all equally. I don't think any of them were weak as they all contributed to the overall fabric of the story. There may have been the odd episode that left something to be desired (Jack's freaking tattoo and the Niki and Paolo debacle,) but even these episode's told us something. For example, that Jack was destined to be a great leader which could explain all his hero complex behaviour, and in the case of Niki and Paolo, we got a little bit of alternate perspective of the Others in the Pearl and a reminder of how dangerous the Island is.

I love Lost. It facinates me. It enthralls me and it baffles me. No other TV show does that.