An Example Of Why People Get Annoyed by Cheryl...

Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
Forum Member
Just to clear this up, for everyone saying she can sing or she's talented then here is an example of why it's hard for people who appreciate real talented vocalists to ever understand Cheryl's popularity as a musician:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtH727UTm3s

That's Beyonce, but there are plenty of other real vocalists out there such as Christina Aguilera, Katy Perry has good live vocals, Leona Lewis and even Lady Gaga has a great live voice.

Cheryl Cole does not compare to these artists and does not have the basic skills to even be mentioned in the same breath as them. She's a pretty girl and she is also technically a good dancer, but where music is concerned, the fact that she has had so many number ones is a bit of a piss take.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Cher is the same, only she even lacks the looks and dancing ability of Cheryl.
  • Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    Johnnyto wrote: »
    Well Cher is the same, only she even lacks the looks and dancing ability of Cheryl.

I think Cher is a better singer than Cheryl, personally.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katy Perry good vocals?
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    Forum Member
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Katy Perry good vocals?

Seen her sing a song live, trust me, she's surprisingly good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katy Perry good vocals?

The Cheryl fan resorts to slagging another singer to make Cheryl seem better... :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Cheryl fan resorts to slagging another singer to make Cheryl seem better... :rolleyes:

'The cheryl fan' is also likes Katy Perry.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    'The cheryl fan' is also likes Katy Perry.
    Then you should know who the better singer is :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    Then you should know who the better singer is :p

I like Cheryl better :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Cheryl better :)

That is personal preference. It cannot be denied, however, that while a lot of 'who is the better singer' is subjective, there are qualities that can be measured. Strength and pitch, for example. Katy Perry has a stronger voice, FACT, and is better at staying in tune, FACT.
  • ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
    Forum Member
    That is personal preference. It cannot be denied, however, that while a lot of 'who is the better singer' is subjective, there are qualities that can be measured. Strength and pitch, for example. Katy Perry has a stronger voice, FACT, and is better at staying in tune, FACT.

Agreed. Personal preference cannot be held over strength and pitch. You might like Cheryl's voice but realistically, she could never match Beyonce or Katy Perry strength, pitch, range or quality.
  • batman.batman. Posts: 8,906
    Forum Member
    Katy Perry good vocals?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2xsYnAfVg

She might not be amazing, but she's not as bad as you make her out to be.
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash's Man wrote: »
    Just to clear this up, for everyone saying she can sing or she's talented then here is an example of why it's hard for people who appreciate real talented vocalists to ever understand Cheryl's popularity as a musician:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtH727UTm3s

That's Beyonce, but there are plenty of other real vocalists out there such as Christina Aguilera, Katy Perry has good live vocals, Leona Lewis and even Lady Gaga has a great live voice.

Cheryl Cole does not compare to these artists and does not have the basic skills to even be mentioned in the same breath as them. She's a pretty girl and she is also technically a good dancer, but where music is concerned, the fact that she has had so many number ones is a bit of a piss take.

Cheryl may not be the best of singes but she is nowhere near as bad as you and some people make out on here. She has done duets with groups and will.i.am and has done a good job of them. As for you saying that Katy Perry has good vocals, did you not see her sing live on the X factor recently.

Most singers are no better than Cheryl, and at the end of the day Cheryl is a great dancer and performer. But she will always get her normal and the same old people that like to give her grief on here. Most of the time it is ridiculous and uncalled for and this is why she has got all her number 1s and sold so many albums of late!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Agreed. Personal preference cannot be held over strength and pitch. You might like Cheryl's voice but realistically, she could never match Beyonce or Katy Perry strength, pitch, range or quality.

How can you say that, and also say, "I think Cher is a better singer than Cheryl, personally"? I mean, frankly I think they're both about as bad as one another - both have fairly mediocre voices, and neither is very good at staying in tune - but either it comes down to personal preference or it doesn't.
  • RupertPupkinRupertPupkin Posts: 1,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Compare this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4qjARIR1jk

with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BDl-1-wKpw

and consider who is mentoring who.

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world!
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What a silly remark, I like both Cheryl and Katy but I would not say that Katy is any better than Cheryl at all! They are both good performers but both have the odd mistake and out of tune problems.
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

to be fare katy Perry isn't much better.
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Cher is a better singer than Cheryl, personally.

personaly I think Simon C is probably a better singer than Cheryl C :o

it's not a judgment. Cheryl is not a bad person. But as a singer she is lacking. in talent.
  • Stewie_CStewie_C Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl?? Not a bad person???

She did choose to bash an employee of a nightclub she was visiting round the face, and has a conviction for ABH you know. She's also never apologised for the incident and has taken the line that it was the woman she assaulted fault!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Cheryl is primarily celebrity. Music comes second to that, but because of he celebrity her music does well.

People, strangely!, deny it but without the X-Factor Cheryl would not be as big as she is now.
    Forum Member
    Stewie_C wrote: »
    Cheryl?? Not a bad person???

She did choose to bash an employee of a nightclub she was visiting round the face, and has a conviction for ABH you know. She's also never apologised for the incident and has taken the line that it was the woman she assaulted fault!

I would agree but no one knows what happened in that toilet and for all we know the woman could have come at her and attacked her, it could have been complete self defense. I don't really hold the incident against her.

I do however think she is completely talentless and a waste of space ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Cheryl may not be the best of singes but she is nowhere near as bad as you and some people make out on here. She has done duets with groups and will.i.am and has done a good job of them. As for you saying that Katy Perry has good vocals, did you not see her sing live on the X factor recently.

Most singers are no better than Cheryl, and at the end of the day Cheryl is a great dancer and performer. But she will always get her normal and the same old people that like to give her grief on here. Most of the time it is ridiculous and uncalled for and this is why she has got all her number 1s and sold so many albums of late!

Katy Perry never mime, so sometime she is not perfect.
    Btw, Beyonce, Christina Aguilera and many other never mime (unlike Cheryl).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl is primarily celebrity. Music comes second to that, but because of he celebrity her music does well.

People, strangely!, deny it but without the X-Factor Cheryl would not be as big as she is now.

Yep, she is nothing without X-Factor.

As for the Katy Perry comparison-- Cheryl's voice is nothing compared to Katy's. True, both aren't good singers, but Katy has more of a presence on and off stage, has much stronger-more distinctive voice and she also has range. As for Cheryl, I just watched a video someone posted on forum of Cheryl singing "3 Words" live, and it was truly awful.
    Forum Member
    Oh God, I wish I never mentioned Katy Perry. I've seen KP sing live and she actually had a really good voice and I was impressed. People are using KP in this thread to divert from the main point. My example is of Beyonce performing Halo before an intimate audience in Vegas where she shows her vocal range and true star quality. The hard work that goes into her music is second to none, she is a star that relies on talent and not tabloid hype which is why I respect her and in comparison could never respect Cheryl. Further more, I think it's a shame that in America they actually admire talent and maintain the magic of their stars while in the UK we get excited when someone looks really pretty on a reality television show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh God, I wish I never mentioned Katy Perry. I've seen KP sing live and she actually had a really good voice and I was impressed. People are using KP in this thread to divert from the main point. My example is of Beyonce performing Halo before an intimate audience in Vegas where she shows her vocal range and true star quality. The hard work that goes into her music is second to none, she is a star that relies on talent and not tabloid hype which is why I respect her and in comparison could never respect Cheryl. Further more, I think it's a shame that in America they actually admire talent and maintain the magic of their stars while in the UK we get excited when someone looks really pretty on a reality television show.

Cheryl would've been nothing without her looks IMO - and you can't really say Americans admire talent -- they idolise Justin Bieber!