Options

The Pasha Kovalev Appreciation Board (3)

Comments

• Options
    PashafanPashafan Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all the posts and links!
    Delighted that Pash is back on strictly this year!
    Shona have an amazing time tonight, you will love it! And I am sure there will be a lot of excitement that he back on SCD
  • Options
    Libby_LouLibby_Lou Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    I’m really pleased that Pasha is back this year. Shame about Artem as I was a fan until last year when I wasn’t keen on his chorography at all – too much wafting. I felt it was diffcult to tell what the dances were!

I wonder who Pasha’s pro partner will be, probably Aliona again.

Hope you have a brilliant time tonight Shona, I’m sure you will!
  • Options
    KartemAddictKartemAddict Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    great news about Pasha, hope he gets a great partner this year :)
  • Options
    SalsaShonSalsaShon Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Libby_Lou wrote: »
    I’m really pleased that Pasha is back this year. Shame about Artem as I was a fan until last year when I wasn’t keen on his chorography at all – too much wafting. I felt it was diffcult to tell what the dances were!

I wonder who Pasha’s pro partner will be, probably Aliona again.

Hope you have a brilliant time tonight Shona, I’m sure you will!

Good to see you back posting Libby.:)
    Thanks everyone for your good wishes, am sooo excited and just away to leave!:D
    Thanks KT for dropping by, know you will be disappointed about Artem, but if true he will be on screen for DWTS again.
    Better go, have a date with the Kovalev - ok, I can dream.:blush::)
  • Options
    music girlmusic girl Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see so many friends popping in today - definitely a day to celebrate!! :):):)

Shona, are you counting the minutes? :D;-)
  • Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm adding my happy and relieved sentiments about Pasha returning to SCD this year. It's lovely to see this thread erupt with pleasure and excitement too. :)

Shona will be propping up the bar about now! ;-):o:p:D *

Photo from last night -

https://twitter.com/TeamKashax/status/473148613993177088/photo/1

* Not really! :kitty:
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morphic resonance*, that's what it must be. The SCD news by spooky, mystical means has pulled even the wayward (raises hand :blush:) back to the forum. I've honestly no idea what made me look today for the first time in months. S'morphic resonance :o

Delighted Pasha is back, delighted and relieved, :) though sorry to lose so many of the old guys. I still haven't come to terms with losing Vincent and now it's Anya an' Arty an'… SNOT!!… James will be missed too. I liked his bits on ITT where he asked more interesting questions than 'So, how pleased were you when you got that eight/ten/six/four/nine/three etc?'

* pseudo scientific theory about telepathy. Now debunked apparently.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So happy that he is back. Just the most fabulous news :)
    Pashulty wrote: »
    aaaah ... Love seeing this page !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/posts/Strictly-Come-Dancing-2014-Professional-Dancers-Confirmed

BTW Shona, make sure you at least steal a hug off the Kovalev tonight ... he seems to be in top form at the moment ;) !! He just gives the most fantastic hugs ... might not have mentioned it before... ;):p:D

Yes , a shame about Anya . But at least she will be involved w/ Strictly & we will see her in the pro routines with Pasha hopefully .... :)

BIB aye he does indeed Ms P ;-)

Shona I know you have waited so long for your turn but you chosen the most fantastic evening to go and see the show. You are in for a treat tonight.

As music girl so rightly said 'definitely a day to celebrate' :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pasha's 'welcome dance' from 2011 has been posted on Twitter, so in celebration of his 'welcome back'.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufGdAlz9D8U&feature=youtu.be

:D
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all the links, pics etc everybody & review ceeveepee !! :)

To your question Korky, his shock is all to good effect when he is 'used' by the 'ladies' !! ... lol ...He is such a good sport & the perfect gentleman !! ... :)

How are you holding up Shona ? How does it feel on Cloud Pasha after Pasha hugs ? You did manage to steal some I hope ..although I am sure you will not have needed to steal any ... He is very generous with them .. ( Thanks God !!! :blush::blush: )

It is indeed a time to celebrate music girl & callie !! And so lovely to see everyone dropping by in support of the Kovalev ... :)

Know this link has been posted before . But it is a time to party ... ;):D

http://instagram.com/p/nOkXf1uAPX/
  • Options
    ceeveepeeceeveepee Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Thanks for all the links, pics etc everybody & review ceeveepee !! :)

To your question Korky, his shock is all to good effect when he is 'used' by the 'ladies' !! ... lol ...He is such a good sport & the perfect gentleman !! ... :)

He really plays along with it - his face as the end of it all was so funny. The audience really were in stitches.

I did see the show last year as well but I'd been awake since 2am and had flown from North Finland to Manchester on the same day so I really don't remember much about it (work trip booked after tickets were bought) Really loved this year's show though and glad to hear he'll be back on SCD this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Article about Pasha and Katya in the Forres Gazette today:

http://www.forres-gazette.co.uk/Whats-On/Theatre/Dancing-is-Pashas-passion-30052014.htm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Article about Pasha and Katya in the Forres Gazette today:

http://www.forres-gazette.co.uk/Whats-On/Theatre/Dancing-is-Pashas-passion-30052014.htm

Lovely article thanks Korky and thanks to everyone for all other links. Thanks everyone for lovely messages left last night. Waves back to Callicot!
    Good to see there was plenty of posting last night, great news must have spurred us on.
    We even saw him before the show started as he was out near the stage door, I assume for fresh air, ok maybe a quick cig, naughty Pasha and I was tempted to go and just say hello, but my daughter said 'no, please don't it's embarrassing.':o Well, I listened for a few seconds then decided to ignore, ;-) but that few seconds cost me as he had gone back inside by the time I got to the railings. Typical.
    What can I say about the tour that hasn't already been said? Suffice to say it was just brilliant from start to finish. Pasha did get the biggest cheer when he appeared, but the others were well received. They were all on fine form and Pasha was looking lush, not tired or frayed around the edges after 52 days of touring. He looked fresh and gorgeous.
    The dance troupe were fantastic I thought and it was good seeing them get to dance on their own and also with Pasha and Katya. Some beautiful costumes there and fabulous dancing throughout the evening. My favourite numbers if I really had to choose were the Queen tribute, the tango with Katya and the three men, Pasha's Latin with the three girls, the jive, but think my absolute favourite was when Pasha and Katya danced the waltz, just everything from the music to the performance was spellbinding, just beautiful.
    Katya was appreciated by the men in the audience when she showed us how to shake our hips or at least how they should be shaken and move like a figure eight. Then Pasha showed the ladies who had volunteered how to move it and shake it, much cheering and that was certainly appreciated by the ladies in the audience, yes me too.
    Some questions had already been asked and it was at the start of this section that Mike announced that Pasha was returning to SCD, loud cheering and clapping to which Pasha replied 'thank you.' He was asked what happened to his kilt and replied 'I left it at the hotel.' Next time Mr K, I will take a kilt for you.:p He was also asked if he could tweet and he paused briefly before answering 'I suppose I could. Maybe tomorrow or the next day' to which Mike replied 'or the next, or the next' and Pasha ended up saying 'I actually forgot about Twitter!' Asked about who they would like to dance with and he replied Tilda someone? an actress and Katya said since she was in Scotland she wouldn't mind being paired with Sean Connery or Billy Connelly. Oh and Pasha had a marriage proposal!:D He replied 'ok, why not?!' And Mike asked the lady to put her hand up and she did, though he added 'sorry it won't be happening.'
    The audience participation, with the last lady anyhow, brought the house down. My daughter was in stitches and fair play to Pasha what a good sport. This other lady was desperate to be chosen ( no, not me I behaved) and kept shouting from the middle section of the balcony and waving her arms 'over here, pick me' lol and Mike said 'sorry love you're too late.'
    The first volunteer was a quiet lady, but she danced fairly well and the second lady, she reminded me of the actress Lesley Joseph? from 'Birds of a Feather.' Oh she didn't wait to be hugged at the end, she was hugging him for quite a while. Should have said 'that will do, there's a queue!' She danced well actually and you could tell she was more than happy being on the stage with Pasha. As for the third lady, what a hoot. She went for it and although Mike had been encouraging her, she didn't really need any!! Pasha's facial expressions, lol and when Mike told him to stand in the centre and the lady behind him, he quipped 'why is she behind me?' to which Mike replied 'that would be telling.':D
    When the music started she was straight in there lol and Pasha's face was a picture.:p She didn't just place her hands on his jacket she went inside the jacket and as Mike said afterwards 'for a minute I wasn't sure whether you were going up or down, but glad you went up.':D Needless to say she was declared the winner, but fair play to her, she certainly enjoyed herself. I heard one lady behind me saying 'I should have been brave.' Knew how she felt!
    The dance school were good I have to say and they got much cheering and clapping.
    Before I knew it, that was it all over and the whole cast got so much cheering and clapping with some standing, myself included.
    They certainly seem to have gelled well as a cast and whilst waiting in the 'meet n greet' queue, the other dancers said hello and asked the crowd what they thought of the show. I did reply 'amazing' though not sure James, who had asked, heard me. By this time they were signing programmes for the young dancers from the school and posing for pics or selfies with them.
    We waited for around half an hour and then it was our turn. Think my daughter only said hi and they signed the programme for us and I took some pics of her with them. Told Pasha how happy I was for him being back on SCD, but dreaded my phone bill afterwards. He laughed and thanked me for the gifts I had left for them, I said show was amazing and quickly asked for a hug as there were people behind me. (A lot to be said for being last in the queue.) He is just lovely and kindly obliged. That was a great end to a fab day, though this time there was a table between us (my daughter thought for his safety.:o As if:p) so not a hug like before, but still a hug nonetheless. Those stunning brown eyes of his get me every time though.:blush: I even walked away without the programme, still thinking of being hugged and Pasha had to hand it to me.
    Right now I wish I was in Inverness and seeing the show, ok mainly for Pasha, again.
    So glad I have seen this latest tour, but actually feel a bit deflated now as looked forward to it so much and it's over for another year (or longer if they decide not to tour again for whatever reason.)
    After tonight it's 21 shows then hopefully a well-earned, relaxing break for them all.
    So thank you Pasha, Katya and all the other dancers for putting together a fantastic show and sharing your talent with everyone up and down the country.
  • Options
    music girlmusic girl Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Shona!! :):) What a fantastic report and so happy that you and your daughter had such a fabulous evening!! ;-):D;-)
  • Options
    peppy5peppy5 Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Shona for your lovely detailed report on the show :)

Sounds like you all had a fantastic evening. Good to hear that Pasha, Katya and the rest of the cast are still so fresh after all the touring, they put so much into every show. Hard to believe there are 21 still to go!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen your report on the tour, Shona, and I can tell that you're still 'full of it'. Don't be sad at the anti-climax because you have added to the store of lovely memories which you will keep for ever. Even if they fade a little, I'm sure that you will always be able to conjure up the atmosphere of last night and smile.

Yes, this thread experienced something of a minor volcanic eruption last night. I'm glad that Pasha was clapped and cheered in Aberdeen. He was made happy and he has made us happy, which is a reciprocity that is so wonderful when it happens (all too rarely).

Rambling Korky :kitty::)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just seen your report on the tour, Shona, and I can tell that you're still 'full of it'. Don't be sad at the anti-climax because you have added to the store of lovely memories which you will keep for ever. Even if they fade a little, I'm sure that you will always be able to conjure up the atmosphere of last night and smile.

Yes, this thread experienced something of a minor volcanic eruption last night. I'm glad that Pasha was clapped and cheered in Aberdeen. He was made happy and he has made us happy, which is a reciprocity that is so wonderful when it happens (all too rarely).

Rambling Korky :kitty::)

What lovely words in your opening paragraph Korky, well maybe not the full of it.;-)
    Thanks to you, Music girl and Peppy. I certainly appreciate all pics, links and reports others have done so only fair I contribute somehow!
    Lol Korky to minor volcanic eruption;:p was good to read today though.
    Totally agree with your last sentence in second paragraph.:)
  • Options
    sradiasradia Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello,

Not been around for a while, so I thought I'd pop in and say how pleased I am that Pasha is returning to SCD. I look forward to joining you all for the roller coaster ride to come! :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sradia wrote: »
    Hello,

Not been around for a while, so I thought I'd pop in and say how pleased I am that Pasha is returning to SCD. I look forward to joining you all for the roller coaster ride to come! :kitty:

Hello Sradia - Eeeek!!! :o:o:D

Photo from last night.....Shona, you'll remember this! ;-):)

https://twitter.com/l3479s/status/473599572573708290/photo/1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello Sradia - Eeeek!!! :o:o:D

Photo from last night.....Shona, you'll remember this! ;-):)

https://twitter.com/l3479s/status/473599572573708290/photo/1

This must have been from the Inverness show, not one of the ladies from Sunday night and I was paying close attention as to where their hands were on Mr K.:p
    Thanks though Korky.
    Welcome back Sradia.:)
    Yes another rollercoaster beckons!:p
  • Options
    Forum Member

Thanks Korky, something was obviously funny going moreso on Katya's reaction.:p
    Did I see PM on here the other night, don't think it was a figment of my imagination.;-):D
    Waves to PM. Posting outwith SCD, must have been for a special reason.:)
  • Options
    Libby_LouLibby_Lou Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed your report Shona – it brought it all back to me! It certainly sounds like you had a fantastic time.

I love the interaction between Katya and Pasha in the Q and A session and I’m glad to hear the rest of the cast are holding up. Looking forward to seeing the show again on 25 June. I do hope they tour again next year.