Would you pay for James Arthur's music?

Comments

• 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    James Arthur has tweeted this:

'Amazing first week for the album we are 35,000 ahead of number 3 and close behind Eminem with 70,000 sales which is incredible!!'

So, comparing to other X Factor debuts...pretty average?
    Not really he's sold more than Little Mix's first week Album I'm pretty sure he's sold more than Matt Cardle Joe Mccelderry and Leon Jackson first week album sales as well . Not sure about Shayne's first album though .
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has made so many appearances on TV lately, I seem to have spent all my time switching off or switching over.
    Can't stand to either listen to him or look at him. He makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up - and not in a good way. :eek:
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member

'Amazing first week for the album we are 35,000 ahead of number 3 and close behind Eminem with 70,000 sales which is incredible!!'

That's actually quite good it's sold more that Little Mix's first week album sales for there First Album. I'm sure it will sell more when he eventually performs on the show as well.
  • Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    4troy7 wrote: »
    Not really he's sold more than Little Mix's first week Album I'm pretty sure he's sold more than Matt Cardle Joe Mccelderry and Leon Jackson first week album sales as well . Not sure about Shayne's first album though .

Matt sold 70,896 in his first week and was also #2 to Noel Gallagher.
    Forum Member
    He has made so many appearances on TV lately, I seem to have spent all my time switching off or switching over.
    Can't stand to either listen to him or look at him. He makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up - and not in a good way. :eek:

Me too. :D
  • rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member

The sales figures won't be out until tomorrow but Friday's update on Buzzjack had Eminem on 110k, so he will be even higher by the close of sales.

If JA has sold 70k, Eminem's will probably be around 140k. That's not "close behind".

He tweeted he was "thousands ahead" in the midweeks. That wasn't true either.
    Forum Member
    Frankie Boyle is a bit of an arrogant pig really. I don't care for his attitude anymore than I care for that 'sense of humour'.

Frankie Boyle and James Arthur are made for each - both pretty vile. although I do laugh at some of Frankie's less offensive jokes.
  • Serenity.Serenity. Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    No, I wouldn't. I thought he was a worthy winner last year but sadly, it turns out he is such an unpleasant, arrogant person. I don't really care if his music is incredible, I won't be spending any of my money on it. I won't feel like I've lost out just because I've not got his album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Other X Factor figures (debut album, first week):

Shane Ward - 22,452 (debut at No 15)
    Joe McElderry - 39,405 (debut No 3)
    Matt Cardle - 70k (debut No 2)
    Rebecca Ferguson - 128k (debut at No3 )
    One Direction - 138k (debut at No2 )
    Marcus Collins - 24,343 (debut at No 7)
    Little Mix - 53k (debut at No 3 )
    Union J- 17,331 (debut at No 6)
    Jahmene Douglas - 18,904 (debut at No 1)

I expect his focus is on beating Matt. Obviously he has no chance of beating the 'f****ing' boyband. Bless.
  • annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I wouldn't even download it for free. I don't like his voice and I don't like his personality.
  • crinolinecrinoline Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    I had the deluxe version pre-ordered, so yes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, I paid for his single and am considering getting his album.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh for the days when pop stars used to behave like complete arrogant arseholes, shag any number of groupies, abuse drugs beyond reason, wreck hotel rooms and other mindless violence and all manner of other unsavoury stuff and we knew nothing about it!
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Bought it. Don't care how much of an arse that he is - the music is worth the money.

I did snigger at all the outrage on these forums - highly entertaining. :D
  • EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like his music, but there is no way I would pay a cent for his music, its shocking how much of a stuck up p***k he has become since he won the xfactor, for someone who had nothing before he started he really didn't spare anytime letting the fame get to his head

he is a total A-hole
    Forum Member
    Menk wrote: »
    Oh for the days when pop stars used to behave like complete arrogant arseholes, shag any number of groupies, abuse drugs beyond reason, wreck hotel rooms and other mindless violence and all manner of other unsavoury stuff and we knew nothing about it!

This
    Daewos wrote: »
    Bought it. Don't care how much of an arse that he is - the music is worth the money.

I did snigger at all the outrage on these forums - highly entertaining. :D

and this.

Some of the stuff in the seventies would have made the people here faint in horror, I suspect.
    Forum Member
    crinoline wrote: »
    This

and this.

Some of the stuff in the seventies would have made the people here faint in horror, I suspect.

If he was smashing his guitar to pieces or trashing hotel rooms, or doing drink/drugs etc I wouldn't give a toss; but his personal attacks and arrogance towards people who used the same platform to launch their careers as he did - that I just find off-putting. The Union J tweets I find particularly bad, simply because they were his friends (or so they thought).
    Forum Member
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    If he was smashing his guitar to pieces or trashing hotel rooms, or doing drink/drugs etc I wouldn't give a toss; but his personal attacks and arrogance towards people who used the same platform to launch their careers as he did - that I just find off-putting. The Union J tweets I find particularly bad, simply because they were his friends (or so they thought).

Musicians insulting each other is nothing new either, see this article 30 Harshest Musician On Musician Insults In History.

I don't understand why is required to be polite about other people who have been on the X Factor.
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the way this forum works sometimes. James Arthur has created one of the best debut X Factor winner albums ever, behind Leona and potentially Alexendra. This is an XF forum and we are all XF fans (most of us anyway) we should be supporting our winners
  • TalullahmayTalullahmay Posts: 5,962
    Forum Member
    No I don't rate him at all!
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Great post.:D:cool:
  • Lewi26Lewi26 Posts: 11,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You couldnt pay ME to listen to that shite.

What an untalented miserable little bellend he is. Loath him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is the point - you knew nothing about it. I suspect some still do but don't make a point of posting it on a public network, which is fair enough.

As for James Arthur - I wouldn't buy his album. His voice is irritating and dreary and if the rest is like the poor first single (and sung in his dreary monotone) - heaven help us.
  • DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    crinoline wrote: »
    Musicians insulting each other is nothing new either, see this article 30 Harshest Musician On Musician Insults In History.

I don't understand why is required to be polite about other people who have been on the X Factor.

That lot make JA look like the rank amateur that he is. :eek::D
  • LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
    Forum Member
    Absolutely not. I've heard very little of his singing or his material but even if I liked it I just couldn't support someone like him. He needs a massive serving of humility.