Options

anyone a maine **** expert?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,449
    Forum Member
    Very similar to my Norwegian forest cat Nero
    They have the hair between the paws though, Which your cat doesn't. Very beautiful cat though x
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't "want" him to be a maine **** i was just curious because of the similarities:D

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you did, but as to curiosity you will never know for sure either way, unless you ever come across any previous owners who have papers for him.

I was just joking about the paint brush lynx tips, although cats with ear tips are rather attractive.
    A friend of mine used to breed Somalis (long haired Abyssinians) and they usually had nice tufted ear tips
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tass wrote: »
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you did, but as to curiosity you will never know for sure either way, unless you ever come across any previous owners who have papers for him.

I was just joking about the paint brush lynx tips, although cats with ear tips are rather attractive.
    A friend of mine used to breed Somalis (long haired Abyssinians) and they usually had nice tufted ear tips

He didn't have previous owners...he came to me at 11 wks from a small litter that was hand reared at a local feline rescue charity ran from someones house :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Maine **** or not, he is a truly gorgeous cat!
    Mitzy.jpg
    This is my new little kitty.....Mother a Birman, and father suspected to be Maine ****. She has the ear tips but her tail so far definitely needs some work!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mitzy.jpg
    This is my new little kitty.....Mother a Birman, and father suspected to be Maine ****. She has the ear tips but her tail so far definitely needs some work!

Oh s/he is gorgeous !!!! what is his/her name??????

sorry you said she:o:o what is HER name:o:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    Her name is Mitzy, and she is causing havoc in my house.
    Anyway...someone else on another forum recently took in a former stray cat 'maine **** cross'
    There was much debate about this terminology and some people said, well, he is just a moggie. But he has a habit of standing on his back legs, putting his paws up into the hands of an adult, and walking like a toddler holding a parents hand. How cute, and apparently a MC trick.
    As I said, Maine **** or not, your boy is truly scrumptious.
  • Options
    Miss CheefMiss Cheef Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Mitzy.jpg

awwww what a cutie - makes me want to get another kitten. I keep looking at the new kitties on the breeders website where I got my MCs but my hubby would kill me :D think if he wasn't around I'd be one of those mad old cat women :D