Aftermath (5 Star)

Just noticed that the new post-apocalyptic Syfy series is starting on 5 Star next Tuesday at 2100.

The first episode doesn't air in the US until tonight, so you've only got a week to decide if you like the reviews...

Comments

• LMLM Posts: 63,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooh thanks for the heads up
    I'll series record it and then give it ago if renewed.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Post-apocalyptic shows always interest me. The synopsis seems fairly bog-standard:

The series is centered on the Copeland family, a couple with three almost-grown children, who struggle to survive as natural disasters, followed by the rise of supernatural beings, brings civilization to an end

Can't say I'm a huge fan of family-based dramas, but I'll give it a shot. The "supernatural beings" element has me interested. As long as they're not zombies or vampires - I'm tired of them. This is Syfy after all, so I'm not expecting too much.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The premise sounds a lot like 'The 5th Wave' to me.
    I'll give it a go, but if it goes down the generic 'Monster of the week' or 'Situation of the Week' road then I'll stop watching early.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with T.K. This is syfy, so i have little to no enthusiasm anyway. Plus this is also Canadian and i find their shows look cheap and their range of actors questionable.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may give this one a go wonder if its on catch up in HD as the channel is not or might wait and download after it comes out.
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Supernatural beings"? Please don't let it be vampires.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The two main vampires in Being Human were a bit of all right! Mitchell and Hal!
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    There doesn't seem to be much coverage of this (it doesn't even have a Wikipedia page) but from what I have read on IMDB it doesn't look like the show will be sticking around. 1/10 stars.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »

Happy days :D
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »

Character-wise I thought Herrick was better
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Clashes with Westworld so I'll watch that "live" and record this
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weird. And not weird-good either.

Has Anne Heche ever been likeable or empathetic in anything? Poor casting.

Destined to be cancelled.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Weird. And not weird-good either.

Has Anne Heche ever been likeable or empathetic in anything? Poor casting.

Destined to be cancelled.

I've liked a couple of things she's been in 'Men in Trees', 'Save Me' and 'Dig' but normally in spite of her rather than because of her.

She always comes across as too contrived and forced for my liking.

I liked the first episode mainly in a so bad its good way.

A bit like 'Left Behind' movie.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked enough to want to watch the next episode despite Anne Heche being more wooden than a barn door. She's an awful bit of miscasting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Sheriff was played by Jason Gray-Stanford aka Lt Randy Disher from Monk

There was an amusing little mistake in the subtitles.. when Nerd Twin was trying to explain what had happened with the fish Blonde Twin insulted her using a man's name.

The subtitles had it as Bill Nighy when it was obviously a reference to Bill Nye

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Nye
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straker wrote: »

I will be watching when I get home but in the meantime I am encouraged by their dislike - I'm sure I've disagreed with at least one of their verdicts in the past, and since in a linked article they say the rolling cheese in ZNation was a step too far, I am optimistic that my instincts are correct.

Or I might end up eating humble pie - but their article includes 'bonkers' in the title which to me is a 'must-watch' keyword :p
  • FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched last night. Found it intriguing, odd but not necessarily good. Felt like about 4 apocalyptic movies in one. Talk about everything but the kitchen sink!
    Meteors - Check
    Plague - Check
    Bad weather - Check
    Psychotic hillbillies - Check
    Demon things - Check
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did watch last night. first sign of demon, thought Winchester brothers would what to do.:D
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the bit where the gas station attendant was wiping their windscreen with a severed head. It may just fit that "Under the Dome" shaped hole in my viewing schedule.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Did watch last night. first sign of demon, thought Winchester brothers would what to do.:D

If the history of Supernatural is anything to go by... one of them would be taken over by a demon and have to spend the rest of the season trying to get rid of it :D
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not seen but just saw its on download at 5 star in HD so will grab this on my sky box.
  • Baz_JamesBaz_James Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Watched last night. Found it intriguing, odd but not necessarily good. Felt like about 4 apocalyptic movies in one. Talk about everything but the kitchen sink!

Just wait for the end of episode 2:
    There's a dragon!

I am beginning to wonder whether this could be the fastest jumping the shark in TV history!
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Insane rubbish. :D

But if that's what you're in the mood for.... :cool: