Min is Missing

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
Forum Member
So our new 7month old kitten snuck out for the 2nd time last night, but unlike last time nobody noticed, and she hasn't come back by her self. We have called her, left food out for her...left the doors open and nothing.

She is like my demon..if you read northen lights.
She better come back...or...i will be one upset lady

Comments

• pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try not to panic. Cats are good at finding their way back. My cat has left home and hasn't been seen since tuesday night so I'm awaiting her return too. 7 months is certainly old enough for her to defend herself if she gets in trouble, but just take a while to walk around your area calling her just in case.
  • FCUKFCUK Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As one said, try not to panic. First off keep trying to call her every 30mins or so. Go out looking for her under bushes, cars and in secluded hiding spots. Around your area go out and call her. You can try knocking on doors asking neighbours to check their gardnes/sheds/garages. Try posting leaflets, try putting posters up. Sometimes can can go wandering for long lengths of time and cats are smarter then most think.

Best thing to do is try to call him everynow and then. He may just pick up your voice and following the sound of your voice til he pops back in your sight.
  • cats_fivecats_five Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she neutered yet? If not get her done as soon as she is back - she might have snuck out for the attractions of the local rough diamonds.... If she isn't chipped I'd get that done as well.

If you use Google and search for 'Blackpool Cats in Care' their website has an excellent page on lost & found tips - it's at the bottom of the menu on the RH side. Unfortunately there is something about the URL this form doesn't like and it mashes it.

Good luck and hope she turns up safe and well.
  • snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,010
    Forum Member
    hope she comes home soon...I know EXACTLY how you feel
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Come home Min!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    I have looked in the all the near by garders, under every can, screamed her name ( well in the nice voice but loud) and still nothing. She has now missed three meals and trust me she get always comes for food....We lost our old cat simba the same way last year...by old i mean he was 14, he just went out one day and didn't come back...he was found by a friend dead in the local park. I am getting the same bad feeling i had about him about her.
    Forum Member
    (girlconer)
    Forum Member
    (girlconer)

it was meant to be girl corner as in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqMrvfEuY8o, but i didnt notice and now i am stuck with the wrong spelling
  • flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope she comes home soon. Keep up the search and don't lose faith that she'll return.
    Forum Member
    she is back...attacking my headphones....killing my shoes...so grounded....grounded....GROUNDED
  • sesmosesmo Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YAY! Love a happy ending!

Hope she's going to be severely told off for treating your home like some sort of cat hotel :D
    Forum Member
    girlconer wrote: »
    she is back...attacking my headphones....killing my shoes...so grounded....grounded....GROUNDED

:D:D:D:Dgreat news
    Forum Member
    sesmo wrote: »
    YAY! Love a happy ending!

Hope she's going to be severely told off for treating your home like some sort of cat hotel :D

And for trying to eat the hamester...caught her trying to get her paw into his cage....I repeat GROUNDED
  • wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The little devil's back then? :D
    Forum Member
    The little devil's back then? :D

Devil being the keyword. For the next few days she is going to be called min devil.
  • flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great news :)
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Saz9JMWuKU
    Can we rename this song min just wants to be grounded
  • cats_fivecats_five Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad she is back - I will never forget when Rufus came back after 10 days.

If she hasn't already been neutered, please take her to the vets and get her done ASAP.
    Forum Member
    cats_five wrote: »
    So glad she is back - I will never forget when Rufus came back after 10 days.

If she hasn't already been neutered, please take her to the vets and get her done ASAP.

She is neutered, she was found living on an indusral estate about a mile from where we live, and where my boy friends dad works...he started feeding her, caught her, and then got the her the lady snip. She was meant to be a bit feral, she is scared of other humans just not us. We were not meant to be be keeping her, but we fell in love and so did she so we may of told the people at the industral estate that she is not their ratter but out pet cat.

The sad thing was that the vet was half way through giving min the lady snip, they found she was already with kitten,..but it was to late to stop. Poor Min

She is a bit insecure....in the morning when I brush my teeth she follows me into the bathroom and sleeps behind my feet, its like having a fury stalker
  • Teo DollTeo Doll Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Great news, give her a very severe hugging.
    Forum Member
    Teo Doll wrote: »
    Great news, give her a very severe hugging.

she currently spooning my legs, she being even more clingy then normal.:eek:
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kittens can be wanderers - that's how they learn about their territory, and sometimes it takes more than one night! Since she's come back on her own, she should be OK, but current thinking is that cats probably shouldn't be allowed out at night anyway. Get into the habit of giving her a really nice meal at around 9-10 p.m., so she knows she's got a treat coming, and then lock her in for the night. That way, she gets a bit of the fun of darkness but you can go to bed knowing she's safe.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad she's back. Mine finally came home yesterday too! Almost a week she way away for the wee brute!
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    Glad she's back. Mine finally came home yesterday too! Almost a week she way away for the wee brute!

is she joining min in grounded land
    Forum Member
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    Kittens can be wanderers - that's how they learn about their territory, and sometimes it takes more than one night! Since she's come back on her own, she should be OK, but current thinking is that cats probably shouldn't be allowed out at night anyway. Get into the habit of giving her a really nice meal at around 9-10 p.m., so she knows she's got a treat coming, and then lock her in for the night. That way, she gets a bit of the fun of darkness but you can go to bed knowing she's safe.

She came back after i spend 15 min calling her, it was strange listing to her bell getting closer and closer, she was a bit scared when she jumped into the gardern and didnt releax until she saw me.... i think she got a bit lost, all the houses look the same round here, but i am not complaining if it was my rather loud southern accent that bought her back,,, i live in the north now