fear the walking dead season 2 us/uk pace (spoilers tagged)

Comments

• Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    I forgot how much i hated these characters!>:(

Yeah, I'm struggling to care too. Which is weird cause I'm pretty sure I very quickly grew to like the characters in The Walking Dead (maybe not so much Lori or Andrea :blush:). I'll stick with it for now but this opening episode didn't do much for me.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loracan wrote: »
    http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/10/fear-walking-dead-flight-462-webseries.html

is a link to the whole flight 462 webisode in one fell swoop.

Thanks for that, watched it - enjoyed it!
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loracan wrote: »
    Strand might be a big ol' cliché, but i do like him.

"I'll tell you the 3 rules about this boat;
    1) It's my boat
    2) It is MY boat
    3) It's MY GODDAMN boat".

I've trotted out a similar line more than once myself re house, wi-fi and fridge contents.

That was my favourite scene :D

This episode:

Oooh walkers on the beach! Fighting! Boat motor!
    Yawn, yawn, yawn, yawn, general disagreements and whinging, yacking on the radio with a randomer,
    Ooh walkers in the water! Bad people coming!
    End

Weirdly, I still want to watch the next episode. Mostly because I like the grumpy captain guy. When's the plane lady going to turn up?
  • PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a theory on this.

This series is designed for people who wouldn't say boo to a goose. To them, this is a terriobly fast paced horror story the likes they've never seen. the plot is action packed, the character incredibly likable, no scenes that make you want to throttle the characters for being so dim.

In their world this series is the walking dead.

To the rest of us, well. we stick around hoping it'll become the walking dead and not something written by 5 year olds for people of lower intelligence.

I do apologise if people actually like this but...I just want to scream at how unreal the characters are acting and behaving. AGGGGHHHHHHH!!
  • chubstachubsta Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Oh well, thought the first season was a bit poor but thought i would persevere - not sure it was worth the effort...

family dramas, poor performances and totally illogical actions by the characters (why does everybody keep secrets, surely in times of stress you would be a lot more open about stuff as it would make a difference?)

The only character i vaguely like is Strand but again, there is too much forced 'mystery' about him and his intentions.

Im not going to do anything even vaguely spoilerish as there is so little tension anyway but as far as i am concerned it was very poor and i can't see me giving it more than one more episode like this before giving up on it...
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The jumping into the water, especially when there was what looked like a fog cloud close by (later to be a smoke cloud with zombies in) was one of the most stupidest things I've ever seen.

Also the girl giving away her position just because the person sounded nice. rolleyes.

The characters are so unlikeable.

In all fairness at this point in time none of them have any real reason to believe that others will do them harm; they haven't come across this yet. We need to remember that Fear follows the very early days of the event, times even TWD didn't show (as Rick was in his coma). The characters will eventually reach a point like those in TWD, whereby they realise it's kill or be killed however, this point is some way off yet. It took Rick three seasons to reach that point and by then TWD was miles ahead of where Fear currently is. I think it's very realistic that given the situation and the character involved that she would seek out others and want to help them.
  • JohnDoe14JohnDoe14 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strand is this show's Shane except not quite as much of a psycho. All of the characters are believable in their stupidity, wouldn't mind if Chris died though.

The Atlanta group had 2 months more experience than this group does and yet they didn't sufficiently make their camp secure, put their camp near a highly populated city and made a host of other mistakes just like this group.

Season 6 TWD spoilers:
    Hell, at the end of season 6, Daryl goes all angsty and heads out into the woods hunting for the people who know where they live. An episode before that him and Rosita let the only doctor in Alexandria (who is an idiot for wanting to go out there) go out exploring the world despite 2 episodes before she explained to Tara exactly why she shouldn't do this.

Let's not pretend here that the characters on this show are more dumb than the characters on the Walking Dead.
  • gamez-fangamez-fan Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll tell ya whats dumber than the characters of FTWD the fact BT want me to subscribe to their sports pack in order to get amc on SKY oh well it's their loss plenty of other ways to watch it on the net :D
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The jumping into the water, especially when there was what looked like a fog cloud close by (later to be a smoke cloud with zombies in) was one of the most stupidest things I've ever seen.

Also the girl giving away her position just because the person sounded nice. rolleyes.

The characters are so unlikeable.

Strand did tell them it was mob rule. Overloading the boat was very risky and it would only take one death and you have zombies on board. I do think it obvious that Jack is a villain and will prove that point.

I just don't like any of them except Strand. Nickj looks like a walking dead: I always think he looks dead nd will turn any minute. I think Strand knew something about the virus which is why he was prepared. That is one thing I miss from TWD is finding out why the virus was developed and released. Plus we might find out something about what is happening in the world and is there a cure being worked on.
  • field_442field_442 Posts: 2,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely terrible episode. I spent much of the first season thinking they were a bunch of imbeciles but they gradually began to wise up and realise what they were dealing with. I actually thought the first season got better by about episode 5 and the finale, but the first episode of season 2 was more of the same shit, a bunch of imbeciles (Strand and Daniel not included).

Having said all that i'm not sure it helps that we've watched The Walking Dead. I'm sure if we'd not seen any of that we wouldn't be
    so cynical and suspect everyone of being out for themselves and ready to **** each other over, like the guy on the radio or people stranded at sea
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just don't like any of them except Strand.

Same here.

And you know that all the unlikeable ones will repeatedly do stupid things for the sake of the story, just like with TWD.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strand did tell them it was mob rule. Overloading the boat was very risky and it would only take one death and you have zombies on board. I do think it obvious that Jack is a villain and will prove that point.

I just don't like any of them except Strand. Nickj looks like a walking dead: I always think he looks dead nd will turn any minute. I think Strand knew something about the virus which is why he was prepared. That is one thing I miss from TWD is finding out why the virus was developed and released. Plus we might find out something about what is happening in the world and is there a cure being worked on.

I was wondering if it was too obvious and he, his brother and sister in law turn out to be nice people, but then though Nah :D

When Nick was swimming I'm sure the Zombie didn't make much of an effort to attack him cause it thought "he's one of us" ;-)
  • Decepticons1Decepticons1 Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Shut it off after about 20 minutes, I actually like Nick out of all the characters, Frank Dillane acted well IMO, reminded me of some sort of young River Phoenix/Johnny Depp amalgamation.
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The worse thing about Fear compared to WD is all the moralising they do.

I can't wait till they are experienced enough to stop worrying about leaving people or to stop carrying a corpse with them.

...and yet they had no problem leaving a town to die twice over (one incident was even directly THEIR deliberate fault!) with not even a warning to ANYONE just because one or two people of hundreds/thousands didn't stop an armed garrison from taking away her son (despite none of her OWN family really helping). It's not even mentioned. It took months/year plus for TWD people to get that uncaring/callous, and here FTWD people are at it a week or so in...this is one of the bad/evil groups we're witnessing being born. LOL
  • johnson293johnson293 Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We still don't even know if it was a virus.... that is just what Jenner guessed at - there was no proof of any cause, he was just looking for a scientific reason/answer.

All anyone knows for sure, is that when you die, you return to life - there is still no actual cause known. Also in one of the recent episodes of TWD (the ambush on Carol), we have seen that those who die, still come back ,so whatever caused is still causing it.

As with the Romero films where the zombies ultimately were never the real issue, TWD is the same, in that the real threat comes from the remaining living.

Therefore, we may never find out the reason it all started, as it really isn't the point of the story anymore.
  • johnson293johnson293 Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shut it off after about 20 minutes, I actually like Nick out of all the characters, Frank Dillane acted well IMO, reminded me of some sort of young River Phoenix/Johnny Depp amalgamation.

I cant believe he's still wearing that old guys clothes from the hospital.

He must be lifting, by now!!

Maybe thats why the Zombie under the upturned boat let go of him... he smells worse than them! :D
  • AngelJeanAngelJean Posts: 4,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually enjoyed it even though I can't warm to any of the characters. I know they are all fairly stupid but it is early days. And as a big fan of The Walking Dead, I have watched 6 seasons of that and they still do stupid things - Season 6 being a good example.

But I like seeing the start of the outbreak and I think it will move on better than the first series. However, I would prefer them doing some of the action in daylight. They arrived at that house at the end of the last season in daylight and waited until dark before heading out to the boat. Why, it is not like a war movie where they have to use camouflage and the cover of darkness to make their move. I noticed in the clip for next week they again approach a strange house in the dark.

I live in a perfectly normal area and I am not in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, but I never answer my door once it is dark. If someone turns up uninvited after a certain time, they better let me know they are coming or I will not answer the door.
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sea Walkers ..
    I call them floaters :blush:
  • Virtual PaulVirtual Paul Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gamez-fan wrote: »
    I'll tell ya whats dumber than the characters of FTWD the fact BT want me to subscribe to their sports pack in order to get amc on SKY oh well it's their loss plenty of other ways to watch it on the net :D

I wondered why I couldn't find any mention of it on Fox despite hearing about how they'll continue with the Talking Dead show for FTWD, with it airing straight after the TWD season finished.

So all three shows are produced by AMC but they let the best one (TWD) be aired on Fox, and Talking Dead airs on the channel for whichever of the two shows they're talking about.

Yeah, not at all confusing.
  • MollsterMollster Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    I like Nicky, but preferred his as a junkie, thought that scene last season when he was leeching the meds from the sick guy through his toe under the bed was powerful.

Thought the first ep of season 2 was tense enough, but the swimming in cloths/ fog stuff was poor.

Strand acts like he is in a 1970's zombie movie.

Most people seem to be more critical of Fear TWD than TWD. I'm perhaps less so: its my oxy to keep me going till I get my heroine fix in October.

I think people should, however, be more critical of TWD. Need to keep that show pure.
  • RS_mark84RS_mark84 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the episode was rather 'slow'. Far too many breaks, I'd fast forward past them only to be greeted with another one a few minutes later. Im sure TWD isn't this bad?

That AMC advert with Nick is pretty annoying, But I can at least hear and understand what he is saying. He sounds English, So I may take a look on Wikipedia to see if he is.

Sadly I find it very hard to understand or let alone hear the dialogue from nearly every character, So I put subtitles on. Only to my disgust AMC don't support subtitles.

Edit, Yes Nick is English. I also I took a look at the rest of the cast and there's not many American actors/actresses in the main cast/cast.
  • VersaillesVersailles Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I now know that I must have missed something, because I can not recall anyone named Jack. And not his family either.
    Unless he was the one on the radio. I missed that dialoge, because I watched it without subs.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Versailles wrote: »
    I now know that I must have missed something, because I can not recall anyone named Jack. And not his family either.
    Unless he was the one on the radio. I missed that dialoge, because I watched it without subs.

Jack is the guy on the radio.
  • VersaillesVersailles Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Jack is the guy on the radio.
    Thank you :)
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    JohnDoe14 wrote: »
    Strand is this show's Shane except not quite as much of a psycho. All of the characters are believable in their stupidity, wouldn't mind if Chris died though.

The Atlanta group had 2 months more experience than this group does and yet they didn't sufficiently make their camp secure, put their camp near a highly populated city and made a host of other mistakes just like this group.

Season 6 TWD spoilers:
    Hell, at the end of season 6, Daryl goes all angsty and heads out into the woods hunting for the people who know where they live. An episode before that him and Rosita let the only doctor in Alexandria (who is an idiot for wanting to go out there) go out exploring the world despite 2 episodes before she explained to Tara exactly why she shouldn't do this.

Let's not pretend here that the characters on this show are more dumb than the characters on the Walking Dead.

I was quite announced with the number dumb things done in season 6 and that was way before the last episode.