ED- Chrissie (spoiler)

2»

Comments

• Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BootsNo7 wrote: »
    BIB He relented eventually and let Bernice have the salon again so that she could make a living.

Oh, I don't remember this at all - did it happen of screen, and mentioned in passing?

It's funny because I normally only paid attention if the White's and Barton's are on screen.:D
  • Options
    sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samcains90 wrote: »
    Oh, I haven't watched any of this weeks episodes just yet, so I'm not aware of the details.
    Thanks. :)

None of this has transpired in the show yet - hence why I spoilered it :)
  • Options
    willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling Chrissie may be more than Ross's boss by the time Debbie returns too. :p

Now that this little bit of info has came out I think so too :eek:

Or her sister will :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jane_isaac wrote: »
    Yes Lawrence gave it back to her rent free after he was shot. Probably feeling a bit guilty about what Chrissie had done to Andy.
    Smart move before a divorce to make sure your partner can financially support themselves as it cuts down maintenance. I loved Rob's comment about Bernice being able to get lots of money out of Lawrence without having to sleep with him.

How do I not remember this?! :o:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of this has transpired in the show yet - hence why I spoilered it :)

Ah, I see. Well I'm sure we'll see a reason for Chrissie wanting it when it's time. She doesn't just give out money for no reason.
    willows wrote: »

:D
    Hopefully Chrissie, I already dislike Rebecca. :p
  • Options
    Nico_DNico_D Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willows wrote: »

Ross will be off screen after this story with holly as the actor is doing his charity climb after that he said spark will fly between he and Debbie so I suspect their returns will coincide
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Won't Cain have just sold his share? He wouldn't be able to sell the entire garage from under her.

So she'll come back wanting to buy Chrissie out or she'll start working in the salon or something. :D

Oh yes true
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, I see. Well I'm sure we'll see a reason for Chrissie wanting it when it's time. She doesn't just give out money for no reason.

:D
    Hopefully Chrissie, I already dislike Rebecca. :p

The idea of chrissie and Ross is severely undermined by her being repulsed by Andy letting her father go to prison for a crime he and Andy orchestrated, the whole narrative was that along with him sleeping with Bernice she was also punishing him for letting Lawrence go to prison.

So her getting with him for a relationship/affair after not only this but also being partially responsible for him having his first heart attack somewhat contradicts what they have previously potrayed. Hopefully if it does happen Lawrence kicks her out and gives everything to Rebecca. Then chrissie can actually work at her new place of business
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nico_D wrote: »
    Ross will be off screen after this story with holly as the actor is doing his charity climb after that he said spark will fly between he and Debbie so I suspect their returns will coincide

He's hardly been on screen anyway and that's without the charity climb :D

Don't think he will be offscreen that long will he? He leaves emmerdale the day before the climb and goes back the day after?

But the Debbie thing is probably right :(
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do I not remember this?! :o:blush:
    You were drunk again that night. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not necessarily romantic sparks.
    The idea of chrissie and Ross is severely undermined by her being repulsed by Andy letting her father go to prison for a crime he and Andy orchestrated, the whole narrative was that along with him sleeping with Bernice she was also punishing him for letting Lawrence go to prison.

So her getting with him for a relationship/affair after not only this but also being partially responsible for him having his first heart attack somewhat contradicts what they have previously potrayed. Hopefully if it does happen Lawrence kicks her out and gives everything to Rebecca. Then chrissie can actually work at her new place of business

But Chrissie is superbitch now. That kind of stuff matters little to her now when she can have a piece of Ross. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    You were drunk again that night. :(

:D:D

If only.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not necessarily romantic sparks.

But Chrissie is superbitch now. That kind of stuff matters little to her now when she can have a piece of Ross. :p

She can have Ross, Rebecca can have the money. Everybody wins ( except chrissie, who ends up skint with a Chavy dog theif for a boyfriend)
  • Options
    Louis_BradyLouis_Brady Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think it undermines anything. The writers should have made a bigger deal of Andy allowing Lawrence to go down for Roberts shooting but they quickly swept that under the carpet so we would feel sorry for him when the tables were turned.
    In the end Chrissie's framed him because he cheated and to protect Lucky, she had already forgave Andy for what he did so why wouldn't she forgive Ross? She tried to claim that she framed Andy because he was going to let her dad go down and Lawrence immediately called her out on her bs.
    Btw did Chrissie ever tell Lachlan that Andy did this? You would think that would help ease his guilt knowing that Andy had literally done the same thing last year
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can have Ross, Rebecca can have the money. Everybody wins ( except chrissie, who ends up skint with a Chavy dog theif for a boyfriend)

As long as that means Chrissie can stay when the White's lose everything then that works for me.

Since virtually nobody wants to see Chrissie come out on top it will only be surprising if she actually does.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as that means Chrissie can stay when the White's lose everything then that works for me.

Since virtually nobody wants to see Chrissie come out on top it will only be surprising if she actually does.

I think removing chrissie from the money might be the most intresting thing they could do with her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it undermines anything. The writers should have made a bigger deal of Andy allowing Lawrence to go down for Roberts shooting but they quickly swept that under the carpet so we would feel sorry for him when the tables were turned.
    In the end Chrissie's framed him because he cheated and to protect Lucky, she had already forgave Andy for what he did so why wouldn't she forgive Ross? She tried to claim that she framed Andy because he was going to let her dad go down and Lawrence immediately called her out on her bs.
    Btw did Chrissie ever tell Lachlan that Andy did this? You would think that would help ease his guilt knowing that Andy had literally done the same thing last year

Then this just makes her seem completely crazy if it was solely for him sleeping with Bernice, seriously how long was she with Andy 4 months maximum so how emotionally invested was she really in that relationship?

Look how quickly she got over him she was completely unaffected days after he left to go on the run, she wasn't pining for him or "heartbroken" over the breakdown of their "love". It was a pure plot driven relationship that almost ruined her as a charcther, at least to me anyway. Before Andy she was my favourite chacrtehr when they put her with him, she became my least favourite now feels a little bit like a cartoon villain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think removing chrissie from the money might be the most intresting thing they could do with her

I think you're right.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am liking Chrissie less and less.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where will Debbie work

She could do stand up in the clubs in Hotten.
  • Options
    BootsNo7BootsNo7 Posts: 6,954
    Forum Member
    As a wooden pole?
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a wooden pole?

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As a wooden pole?

Ha :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Oh great *rolls eyes* ugh
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh how cynical:DNot all of the cars were stolen:p
    she'll have to get one of those, what D'you call them? Job thingies :D

Although Cain will have
    a full time job sorting out the combined messes of Debbie and probably Adumb very soon

I' m tempted to say that as Chriisie doesn't fill her day running the salons she's decided to play at being a garage owner, but I'm guessing it's s a good investment. Of her Dad's s money.

She's very good at spending her pretend dads money.

It'll be for "Lucky" to work in when he leaves school.