Options

growing breasts

rasborasbo Posts: 1,606
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have been going to the gym a lot this year and doing pretty well so far. I'm disappointed though that my belly could be a bit flatter. But that will come in time. My main issue at the moment is I seem to be growing a nice perky pair of breasts. How would I work on eliminating them? Can I get the removed on the NHS?

Also, any gym tips appreciated. :)

I'm male by the way - in his 20's :p

Comments

• Options
    hurrikane313hurrikane313 Posts: 2,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop taking HGH and or steriods.
  • Options
    chocoholic100chocoholic100 Posts: 6,411
    Forum Member
    wont that be your pectoral muscles developing
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats 3 breasts threads on DS tonight....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Rub toilet paper between them, it makes most women's butts get bigger!;)
  • Options
    GPWGPW Posts: 3,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rasbo wrote: »
    I have been going to the gym a lot this year and doing pretty well so far. I'm disappointed though that my belly could be a bit flatter. But that will come in time. My main issue at the moment is I seem to be growing a nice perky pair of breasts. How would I work on eliminating them? Can I get the removed on the NHS?

Go the whole hog - be a lady!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Try not to drink too much caffeine, it produces oestrogen which in turn creates breast tissue!
  • Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try to lose the fat before you gain too much pectoral muscle?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You could get your oestrogen and testosterone levels tested at your doctor's surgery, and they might be able to offer you a solution if the levels are higher or lower than they should be. Hope you get it sorted out, anyway! :)
  • Options
    CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You sure you're not just toning up?

About a month ago I had a real pain in my right breast area (I'm male) and thought blooming 'eck there's something up here. Anyway I tried to get a GP appointment but couldn't for about a week, so I phoned up a friend who was a nurse and said I probably had mastitis, anyway about three days later the pain went but for a day or so I was convinced I had gynocomastia and I was worried about getting boobs even though I am well out of puberty and by no means an older bloke (yet!) so didn't fit the profile.

I was worried I'd need a male bra!
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this really is gynocomastia and is a result of taking steroids, you need to take them with an estrogen blocker such as tamoxifen to stop the effect of extra estrogen in the body.

And you have to start the estrogen blocker immediately because once the gynocomastia is there, it takes surgery to remove it.
  • Options
    TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Thats 3 breasts threads on DS tonight....

Nothing wrong with Breast threads, just prefer woman breast threads.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you should be able to tell the difference between breast tissue, fat and muscle. If it is breast tissue and you are not taking any supplements then you need to see your doctor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop taking HGH and or steriods.

I take neither. Only protein.
    Try not to drink too much caffeine, it produces oestrogen which in turn creates breast tissue!

:eek: :eek: I need my 2 / 3 coffees a day to function. Any truth in this?
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    Try to lose the fat before you gain too much pectoral muscle?

And how does one lose fat in their chest, without building muscle on it? I'm not that fat pretty average build.
    Aneechik wrote: »
    If this really is gynocomastia and is a result of taking steroids, you need to take them with an estrogen blocker such as tamoxifen to stop the effect of extra estrogen in the body.

And you have to start the estrogen blocker immediately because once the gynocomastia is there, it takes surgery to remove it.

If I went to the doctor, will they give me this anyway to be on the safe side? Or testosterone injections?
    c4rv wrote: »
    you should be able to tell the difference between breast tissue, fat and muscle. If it is breast tissue and you are not taking any supplements then you need to see your doctor.

How do you know?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know?

What does it feel like, if you flex your chest does it harden in which case its more likely to be muscle. If stays flabby then its likely to be fatty tissue and breast tissue feels like breast tissue, I'm sure you have felt that before.

What type of protien shakes are you taking, what is calories per serving ? If they are high carb then they could well be turning into fat.
  • Options
    bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take neither. Only protein.

I'd ease off on the protein, extra protein is not necessary to build muscle and is not healthy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does it feel like, if you flex your chest does it harden in which case its more likely to be muscle. If stays flabby then its likely to be fatty tissue and breast tissue feels like breast tissue, I'm sure you have felt that before.

What type of protien shakes are you taking, what is calories per serving ? If they are high carb then they could well be turning into fat.

I'm gay so I've never felt an actual breast. But breast tissue will surely just feel like flab / blubber on a seal.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I went to the doctor, will they give me this anyway to be on the safe side? Or testosterone injections?

If it's gynecomastia, then he probably would give you an estrogen blocker to prevent its increase, but it won't make the existing tissue go away.

Increasing your testosterone levels won't do anything for gynecomastia.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing wrong with Breast threads, just prefer woman breast threads.
    So do I!;):D
  • Options
    zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    So do I!;):D

:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gay so I've never felt an actual breast. But breast tissue will surely just feel like flab / blubber on a seal.

sorry but difficult to describe except that no it does not feel like layers of fat. So basically if it feels like the fat around your bellly (love handles) then its not breast tissue and most likely is a build up of fat and unless its causing health issues then you can get it treated on NHS.

have you changed your diet along with starting exercise, I am just wondering if you have increased your calorie intake too much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry but difficult to describe except that no it does not feel like layers of fat. So basically if it feels like the fat around your bellly (love handles) then its not breast tissue and most likely is a build up of fat and unless its causing health issues then you can get it treated on NHS.

have you changed your diet along with starting exercise, I am just wondering if you have increased your calorie intake too much.

A little yes, body builders need far more calories i was told. Why can't anyone give straight answers anymore?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A little yes, body builders need far more calories i was told. Why can't anyone give straight answers anymore?

Not sure where you are getting your information from. You need more protein rather then calories if you are also trying to lose weight. I would look at keeping up the weights but dropping back on the calories(500 calories a day would equal 1lb a week of weight loss) if possible. You should start to notice a difference within a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure where you are getting your information from. You need more protein rather then calories if you are also trying to lose weight. I would look at keeping up the weights but dropping back on the calories(500 calories a day would equal 1lb a week of weight loss) if possible. You should start to notice a difference within a couple of weeks.

on crisp packets the recommended calorie intake for men is 2500 or something like that. thats not even body builders :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    on crisp packets the recommended calorie intake for men is 2500 or something like that. thats not even body builders :eek:

If you want to get into calorie counting then start by working out your BMR specific to you, not a generalisation on the back of crisps packet.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

This will give you a base rate, you then need to apply a multiplier based on the amount of exercise, so if you are going to the gym 5 days a week and have a desk job then your multiplier would be 1.55, if you have an active job as well as training then you would use a higher multiplier, maybe around 1.65. Professional athletes, soldiers, etc could be around 2.0 multiplier.
    Harris Benedict Formula
    To determine your total daily calorie needs, multiply your BMR by the appropriate activity factor, as follows:

•If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
    •If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
    •If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
    •If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
    •If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9

Remember, this is just to maintain your existing weight. If you want to lose weight then you need to be below this and eating a healthy balanced diet. 500 calories a day would roughtly equal 1lb a week weight loss. If you are not sure how many calories you are consuming then keep a food diary for a week and make sure you are honest about what you are eating and drinking and that also you are honest about your portion sized.