Options

Family holidays vs Couples Only holidays

123457»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    Went on honeymoon this year and it was our first stay at an adults only hotel, it was bliss.
    I avoid school holidays normally but sometimes there are still lots of kids around. I prefer the under 5's to the older kids if I have to tolerate them.

Booked next year as a family for my mum's 50th birthday into an adult only hotel. Not sure there is much difference between couples/ adults only places, at least the ones I have stayed in.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Booked next year as a family for my mum's 50th birthday into an adult only hotel. Not sure there is much difference between couples/ adults only places, at least the ones I have stayed in.
    I'm not sure either to be honest.

I went to an Adults Only earlier this year and hope to go to a Couples Only one in March/April so will be interesting to see.

Apart from the obvious (Couples hotels prob cater for literally that...couples, whereas Adult hotels gear for everyone)
  • Options
    jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    That was my argument.

I know not ALL kids are screaming brats, but the majority are!

I dont want to be splashed at, screamed at or yelled at whilst I'm relaxing by the pool.

I dont want to hear a kiddies disco at 7pm, neither do I want children's entertainers wandering around the complex.
    Sometimes parents think its their god given right to take their kids EVERYWHERE!

Even if they are just randomly "wandering" around and not doing any actual entertainments.

I don't have any kids and don't go to complex type holidays but its best if there are both types of hotels so they can focus on the specific needs of their customers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Before having our son my husband and I would spend our summer holidays at a Sandals resort where there was a strict no kids rule. We loved these holidays knowing for 2 wks there was no kids around - at that time we both had jobs that involved working with children or teenagers. Now we have our son we would never expect to take him to a resort like that, maybe when he is older (and he would behave during an 8hr flught to the carribean) we would take him to the Beaches resorts as we know we would get the same great hotel standards but my sons needs would also be catered for. We have no problems with separate resorts and can't understand why people think they should have the rights to rake their kids everywhere with them.